• Announcements

• LIGHTOFGOD

Active Recruitments   02/24/18

Game Moderator Recruitment - 11th of August to 30th of September 2018   Find out more information, here:      
    • Anriandor

Leaving Proper Feedback   04/30/18

Properly Giving Feedback To Suggestions   Recently, many people leave feedback along the lines of "Good suggestion" or "+1 Good idea". This is not useful and actually just counts as spamming. If you want to support the topic's idea, use the reputation function and upvote the post.   If you want to say something else, add valuable feedback stating why it is a good idea or what could be improved. If you are not going to post something useful, then your reply will necessarily be removed by a moderator because it does not follow the forum rules.   Thanks for your understanding.
    • Prime

Current Hot topic: ETS and ATS 1.32   08/12/18

What do you think the impanct of 1.32 will be on TruckersMP and how the mod will be played,...   Discuss it all with us in this Hot topic:  
TheSilentTrucker

ghost mode for people lagging really bad (sorry if this has already been suggested)

People cant help the lag though, it really depends where they are like since I live in Australia I get average of like 320ms (ping if you will) i cant help that i've got one of the best internets this country has to offer and even NBN however since the servers are European it means my internet has to work like 8 times harder to keep me connected. I cant help it nor can I stop it, I'm sure it is annoying to some however a lot of people it doesn't seem to affect, so I have been told anyway.

I think that this is a pretty good suggestion but i would rather like for players that have high ping to be kicked. Lets say that they have a consistent ping over 350-500 under a 5 second period or so they should get warned and then kicked.

This may be a good suggestion for those who have an average ping of 300 - 600ms.  I have suggest 300+ms as a lot of players play cross continent as EU2 and EU3 are the main server that are used.  This would ensure that only though only particularly poor connections receive ghost mode and not Americans playing with stable connections on the European servers.  This idea could also be incorporated for people with above average packet loss.  

+1 vote

I have made so many times that people with a lot of lagg go for me to teleport backwards. I get a lot of damage, very annoying for the freight. I think you can do almost nothing, people want to play multiplayer not everyone has a good PC. 

On 4-3-2018 at 3:10 PM, Syntackz said:

Its a nice suggestion but how will the mod find the person is lagging?  some times members have 275-300 ping don't lag and some times members with 150 ping lag. But people with 320+ ping should be added to ghost mode. Make a warning that they are having high ping so they are added to ghost mode and move to safe area. so when the ping becomes normal or stable ghost mode will be off.

You should look at the packetloss instead of the ping. If you have 10.0 packetloss and 30 ping you lag very heavy, but if you have 0.0 packetloss and 300 ping, the server will see you driving a few meters behind the actual location on your screen, but you'll not be laggy. Ping doesn't make a lot of sense if it's below 500 whenever the packeloss is alright. 

About geting back out the of ghost-mode, it can be done by command. Lagging is not a offense since none can do anything about it. If your ping drops low again you can make a command for the player with a text draw to get back from ghost-mode. Whenever the ping is low again a message will appear in your screen. "Your lag seems to be recovered, you can use /godoff to get out of ghost mode, make sure to only use this command when there isn't anyone around". Of course this can be abused by using /godoff in busy areas, but abusing it can be made a banable offense as solution to that. 

Nice suggestion so far, you'll have my support.

I think is suggestion is good because the amount of times I'm behind somebody who lags and I end up crashing is annoying. This has my support.

Yes a good idea, it would be a good idea for players who have a high ping rate. It would be a bit more complicated for players to adapt because it would be a little despair for the players who come after the player with lag. Mainly on Road CD. :D 

+1

On 4/3/2018 at 9:55 AM, TumbEd said:

This is good suggestion, if guys reach reaches a certain number of ping they dont get kicked ,but put in ghost mode. +1

I'll say the same thing that he did. +1 for this