dragonslayingmaster1000

Do you text and drive in TMP?

Text and drive or no?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. ^

• Yes
    • No

I sometimes do if it's a short message or a slightly longer message on a straighter section of road although I don't have a setup that allows me to reliably do long messages safely. I use the mouse steering so I can at least control my steering while I type with 1 hand but not the throttle or brake. 

Texting and driving is something I've done since my early days at TruckersMP. Though, the result of it is shocking, as it's quite realistic as to what happens when you're texting and driving IRL.

Even though this is only a game, I still wouldn't recommend doing it, as you might get too used to it and do it IRL too.

• True Story 1

Occasionally if the road ahead is empty, and it is a straight road, just so i don't end up causing a scene if any trucks are coming behind me. Normally i check my phone and pull over, just to be on the safe side! :)

While typing in chat is pretty doable when you have a steering wheel, responding to a Steam message or even looking at your real life mobile phone always results in me hitting the crash barrier.:lol:

Pretty scary if you think about what could happen when you are texting in a real car/truck.:wacko:

If I have to send any kind of message whether it's on my phone, Steam or the game itself, I pull over first. It's actually fairly realistic in how dangerous it can be to do either of those while driving in the game. I did it once when I first started playing and nearly ended up hitting the central barrier on a motorway, so I decided not again :D