Nikonuu

Voice Navigation. Will you use it or nah ?

Voice Navigation, will you use it or nah ?  

163 members have voted

1. 1. Voice Navigation, will you use it or nah ?

• Yes of course
    • Nah i`ll pass

I find the voice navigation to be a great feature that i will most definitely use, however I understand some might find it annoying and turn it off altogether 

What do you think ?

• Like 1

What I have seen, there is only limited number of languages available at a moment, more will probably come in future updates.

I would probably only use it if english language with strong scottish accent was an option.

Practically all navigation has sound instructions, but not all of them are smart enough to read the name of any Lithuanian or foreign street.  In this case, there is often only a direction, but a lack of specificity.  Therefore, if you need this specificity and want to have exact location with exact addresses, please see how to turn it on. 
Of course, he is just talking about the main things now. There is no for example: 

• For 500 meters, turn left / For 500 meters, turn right 
  • For 50 meters, Road works are underway 

And so on.. :D 

Could be a nice feature but the fact that people around the world play the game and would be using different languages, this may take time to be a fully working feature. Could be useful especially in long hauls as people tend to miss their exits or turns and have to risk being in danger or take the long way around.

2 hours ago, ElectroHouse20 said:

Practically all navigation has sound instructions, but not all of them are smart enough to read the name of any Lithuanian or foreign street.  In this case, there is often only a direction, but a lack of specificity.  Therefore, if you need this specificity and want to have exact location with exact addresses, please see how to turn it on. 
Of course, he is just talking about the main things now. There is no for example: 

• For 500 meters, turn left / For 500 meters, turn right 
  • For 50 meters, Road works are underway 

And so on.. :D 

Yes it would be amazing if they could say things like "Turn off onto the A4 towards Berlin" and have it absolutely butcher the name of the city which is the way it is in real life :D 

It'll be good for those longer routes, where you sort of zone out and just keep following the road, it'll give you the reminder to take the turning.

5 hours ago, swiftyniko said:

Yes it would be amazing if they could say things like "Turn off onto the A4 towards Berlin" and have it absolutely butcher the name of the city which is the way it is in real life :D 

Yes, yes, yes :DMaybe after a while will make such an update.

I appreciate the hard work SCS software did regarding the voice navigation. However, I will have it turned off. I like peace and quiet in my truck (in game and also in real life).

I'll definitely have it turned on! Been looking into possible ways of doing it for a while now :P Glad SCS have finally brought it out officially

On 6/1/2019 at 11:09 PM, MaverickTD said:

On 6/1/2019 at 11:09 PM, MaverickTD said:

If they allow custom ones, then I will.

I tried the beta and The voices are a bit "bland" Need some comical ones!

That'll probably be possible either through save editing or normal modding to be fair

I think it would be a good idea and convenient, at least for me. Whenever I'm going to a destination to deliver cargo, I often find myself not paying attention to the GPS.