Voice Navigation. Will you use it or nah ?

Nikonuu [PL/ÉIRE]

Voice Navigation, will you use it or nah ?  

164 members have voted

1. 1. Voice Navigation, will you use it or nah ?

• Yes of course
    • Nah i`ll pass

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, courtzz49 said:

im not a fan of it myself, i know a few who use it though

Its the fact its so fake, no gps voice says " lets get ready to hit the road " & sounds like its from a 2004 pc game! They are all BBC English & emotionless by default, honestly the SCS ones just remind me of the days of need for speed & got annoying real fast so i turned them off. 

I normally drive with my GPS turned off (both the Advisor and the GPS in the dashboard) to increase immersion and to avoid being distracted, I like to concentrate on the road and make sure not to surpass the speed limit or swerve off. With all of this, the voice navigation helped a lot, it was vexatious to toggle the Advisor on and off every now and then before every turn or exit. 

It's a totally unique experience. 

53 minutes ago, KrhthkosV8 said:

First i don't use that future because don't support my main language and second because the phrases its "a joke" as we said were to Greece. But is very good choice for people with vision problems. SCS need to fix the phrases and support all game language.

It doesn't really require you to have an intermediate or advanced level, if you understand basic English, then I'm sure you'll understand what the voice navigation says. Turn right, turn left, at the roundabout take the second exit, keep right and keep left. I don't see how wouldn't anyone, especially a part of this community, not understand the very straightforward voice navigation.

9 hours ago, xenophobia said:

It doesn't really require you to have an intermediate or advanced level, if you understand basic English, then I'm sure you'll understand what the voice navigation says. Turn right, turn left, at the roundabout take the second exit, keep right and keep left. I don't see how wouldn't anyone, especially a part of this community, not understand the very straightforward voice navigation.

I don't want my language because I don't understand the english language. I want from SCS more support to my community.  

I  do love the Voice navigation feature especially if it a new route. but sometime skye will pick a longer way round so I pretend I didnt hear her,  But its great when you are on a motorway for a while and get drivers fog,  Also she gets a bit of a hump when I pull in to get Petrol 'well I will find a new route' but over all a really nice feature.

Of course, I'll use it, it teaches me in other languages what's left and right which I find beneficial in my opinion.

Bit of a late reply but no I wouldn't personally use it. I prefer actually looking at the map itself and following road signs.

team_team-veteran2.png.7addb7035d220bbdb3381dc051b65869.png.8ececf112fadf55c4a71f39a3a4eee78.png Since May 2015Discord: Shaun#4513

Community Member since May 17th, 2015. 

GLASGOW, SCOTLAND.

Cloofter/Shaun.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived