ASIR [CZE]

Do you slow down, when you are being overtaken?

I guess it depends on the situation.
I guess what you are talking about is when someone tries to overtake you on a 2 lane road and someone is coming from the diffrent direction. 
In this case i usually try to go a bit to the right and slow a bit down

After watching the video I can just say I never drive like this. I always follow the european traffic rules. So overtaking is no problem for most people. And in general it works like this: The one that wants to overtake must find the moment when its safe enough, then pass and merge without cutting the other one off or causing a crash.

So my answer to the question: No I normally don't slow down because either their faster and they overtake anyway or they aren't faster then they can drive behind me and they will arrive at the same time.

I don't often slow down. It's his/her choice they decided to ovetake me, why should I need to slow down and lose momentum for example. However, I don't accelerate either, as well it's not allowed to do so if other driver is making an overtake maneuver.
Of course, if I see that there's an oncoming driver, then I slow down and often even go to the right if I see he's going to either crash into this driver or me.

If he does hit me, well I'm allowed to report him, he decided to overtake me here and created an accident.

I slow down so they can get pass and not cause an issue or collision with oncoming vehicles. If it is that much of a risk, i normally just get as close as i can to the right hand side of the road with my right indicator on, Horn at them, so they know they can go! Just makes everyone journey a little bit safer!

Honestly with the new speed limit, I never am being overtaken. But before, yes if I knew being overtaken was inevitable then I would smoothly slow down and pull as far right (or left, if in England) as I could... even using the shoulder, when safe. 

If I am driving a truck that has low HP, I drive between 90-100 km/h so I let them to overtake me. However; if I am driving a powerful truck, I drive between 100 - 110 km/h so I usually don’t let them to overtake. 

Dear @ASIR [CZE]

I would like to inform you that your topic has been inactive for 14 days, I close it and move it to the Archive to keep topics active by the community.

If you have any questions or you want to restore the topic, please contact me.

// Locked and moved to Archive