How do you change Gears? Manual or Auto?

SuperMouse

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I use manual with the g29 h shifter for all vehicles in ETS2 and ATS besides the Skoda where I use the h shifter for real auto.  I find myself more involved in the game and more fun with manual...except in stop and go traffic it can get a tad annoying :lol:

I usually take the gearbox that has the most gears unless the rpm at cruising speed is too high...So usually 12/12+2/16 in ETS2 and 18 in ATS

Real Automatic with realistic adaptive transmission enabled, with a key for switching to sequential and gear hints enabled. Pressing the hint down key will drop a gear, and pressing the hint up will go up a gear, usually used to maintain speed or to stop the gearbox from constantly changing gears (looking at you, Volvo).

Mostly drive in automatic mode, though I often switch to sequential and drop to a lower gear when I'm going up a hill/rough terrain in order to maintain speed.

Archived