Banned, what do I do now?

Scar

OUTDATED

If you have been banned and you don't know what for or you would like to appeal your ban, please follow this guide: https://truckersmp.com/kb/1

Oh no, you got banned? Please follow this small guide to know what you can do and what you can't do.

Step 1 - Know your ban

It's important to understand why you are banned. Don't forget to take a look at all the information involved with your ban.
Go to your profile on our website and check out your ban, an example can be found beneath.

XNqSF6X.png

Example of a ban

You can see who banned you, why you are banned and until when you are banned.

Due to our "new" way processing bans, a 4th, 5th and 6th ban will be longer then the first 3 you have. This can result in a small offense being a 1 or 3 month ban or even a permanent ban. So make sure you don't get that many bans. More information about this can be found here.

Step 2 - Acknowledge your ban

You recieved a ban, now you need to know for yourself if the ban is deserved or not. You've read the rules when you logged in on our website to download the mod so you are aware of the rules, you can't say you didn't know our rules.

If you know you are wrong and you broke the rules, there is nothing left to do but wait for the ban to expire. You broke a rule, you got caught and are punished for it, end of discussion.

However, if you don't think the ban is deserved in any way, you are free to create a ban appeal. Creating a ban appeal makes it possible to explain to the admin who applied the ban why it's wrong in your opinion. Creating a ban appeal doesn't mean you are automatically being unbanned, only create a ban appeal if the ban is wrong according to you. There is no point in creating a ban appeal if you are clearly guilty.

Step 3 (optional) - Create a ban appeal

Be smart and create a good appeal with a valid explanation and if possible add some evidence that shows you the reason is not your fault.

Some reasons why an appeal might be rejected:

• You are lying, telling things that are not true
  • There is no evidence to proof you are not guilty
  • You are not polite or you don't show any respect to us
  • Spamming the appeal system after rejected appeals.
  • An admin is not convinced based on what you told/showed him

Most of the times, if you are honest and create a valid appeal if the ban is wrong, it ends here. Your appeal gets accepted and the ban will be lifted.

If you just want to see evidence of your ban, you can also create a ban appeal with this request.

Step 4 (optional) - Appeal gets rejected but I do not agree!

It can happen that an appeal gets rejected, a reason why will always be left in the chat so you know why. But I do not agree with that decision, what do I do now?

Please open a polite feedback ticket here. Make sure you add enough information in your ticket so the project manager can easily review it and knows what the current situation is. Once the message is sent, you need to wait for them to answer you, spamming them won't speed up the process. It can take a while as our project managers can be very busy.

Important! - What not to do...

Don't create topics/statuses on the forum about

• admins not doing their job properly
  • disgusting work of admins, banning the people who behave and not banning the trolls
  • your ban and you need to be unbanned
  • your ban in general

Don't send a friend request on Steam to the admin as you will most likely be blocked, you can have a talk with the admin in your appeal

Don't put statuses on the admin's profile

Don't create support tickets instead of appealing your ban. Support Team cannot unban players.

Frequently asked questions.

Someone is banned for something similar but has another banlength, how is this possible?

Every situation is different and can be reviewed different by any admin. Admins also look at your history before applying a ban, this can have a negative effect on the length of your new ban.

I am banned on ETS2:MP but I can't play ATS:MP

This is one network covering both mods, you have 1 account for both games. So if you are banned on ETS2:MP, you also will be banned on ATS:MP and vice versa.

I'm not happy about the decisions or actions made by a specific admin, what can I do?

Feel free contact feedback here.

Please see this topic for more info: 

I recieved a permanent ban because of my username, is that even legit?

Yes, it is possible you will get a permanent ban because of a bad username, profile picture, tag or plate. We mostly try to warn you first, but it can happen that we directly ban because of time and n° of reports in-game. You simply need to change your username, profile picture, tag or plate and create a ban appeal telling you did. If it's about a profile picture and username, we can verify by ourselves, otherwise you need to provide a screenshot proving you changed. If the ban is not involved in a 4th, 5th or 6th rule, the ban will be lifted and you can play again.

According to my ban, the ban should have been expired already but I'm still banned?

Time is noted in UTC notation, so you might want to do the conversion to your local timezone.

Why I get banned in-game without evidence?

Evidence will be added afterwards since we might still being busy processing reports in-game. If you want to make sure that ban reason is legit, you can create a ban appeal with ban evidences request.

Scar | Retired Legend

You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.

Banned: HELP! - Report a player - Help - Rules - Staff recruitment - Complaints/feedback

• Burner pinned this topic

^ The admin will check your appeal as soon as he can, that doesn't necessarily mean within 24 hours.

Scar | Retired Legend

You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.

Banned: HELP! - Report a player - Help - Rules - Staff recruitment - Complaints/feedback

^ It can take some time to evaluate the situation or discuss with others admins. If it takes more then a week, feel free to contact a project manager.

Scar | Retired Legend

• 3 weeks later...

+1 question for FAQ.

Q: "Why I get banned in-game without evidence?"

A like: If you are banned in-game, this means that administrator are in-game now and working on reports. It is pretty obvious that he can't provide evidence immediately (compared to website reports). If you want to make sure that ban reason is legit, you can create a ban appeal with ban evidences request. This appeal you can also use for Step 3 process.

• 2 weeks later...
  • HumaneWolf featured this topic
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived