Rule Suggestion: Driving whilst "Connecting"

DanBennett

Suggestion Name: Driving while "connecting" should be avoided & added to rules

Suggestion Description: See below
Any example images: N/A
Why should it be added?: See below.

A few days ago on two separate occasions, I was driving along when suddenly BAM I'm flipped and end up upside down or in one case, wedged along a barrier unable to move.

The reason for this is because someone spawned in (connected to the server) whilst they were driving around in the city.

Personally, I always know that this is a risky thing to do. I always ensure I park in a non-collision area and never start off until I am fully connected... but others don't do this.

When I suggested to one person that they should not drive while spawning, their response was "It's not in the rules". So I was punished for them spawning while connecting...!

Should there be a rule on this? Should we try and stop people from doing this? Do you do it yourself?

I don't get why someone would do that, knowing the damage it can cause to other players. Especially when driving in a city...

Discuss! :-)

Edited by DanBennett
Added suggestion stuff since the post was moved by a mod to suggestions
  • Upvote 6

I don't think he did it on purpose. Why should I wait stopped on the side of the road whne waiting to join the server when I'm 90% sure that there's no one near me when I'll hopefully spawn? It's just a waste of time. Obviously I would never do it on busy roads/cities but there shouldn't be a rule for this.

I have been told by some people that they seem to connect to the server quicker by driving around. I personally think this is tosh, but ah well. I think there should be a rule on this but it could be hard to force people to do this For example people loading a save or a quicksave. +1 on the idea though

I always make it a point to park my truck before I get off the server. I have been hit by drivers spawning in on the road before and it is a pain in the rump. I always connect to the server quickly. I don't think I ever had to wait. But, the problem I have is when I spawn in and the server is connected I can start my run, wait for other trucks to get past before I pull out of my parking area. When the cost is clear I start to pull out and trucks just appear. Kinda like lag. I do feel bad and say sorry for pulling out but, that's really no ones fault if it is connection, server, or computer related. Not everyone can afford a good gaming computer in today's economy and not everyone can access good internet connection either do to their locations. So some things I understand are out of users control. Although, I have seen people stop in the middle of the interstates and local road and log off before. That means they will re-spawn there. I believe they should know better than to do that. I do agree it should be a rule to at least park your truck in some sort of a safe zone before logging off. There are plenty of truck stops and rest areas not to mention terminals provided for that reason alone. So really everyone has many chances to park there truck.

I would like it to be a rule, how hard is it to pull off the road and disconnect. I understand if your not going to make it to your drop off, but there are people who park on the interstate, not even in the breakdown lane and log off. You shouldnt be allowed to log off with your truck on the road, you should be at least on the shoulder if not at a rest, gas station or drop off point.

Also if your currently connectiing, why move? you know you may cause issues, wait for the connection and then move out. If you cause an accident it should be a ban because you knew it could possibly happen.

• Upvote 2

I am here to help, I hope I helped in some sort of way.

Come check out my Youtube channel, post videos every 2 days

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcwBdDxIYboOD73dPPZ8SAQ

Good suggestion. I have reported some players who did this and they got accepted (= ban). And if someone just connected near other player when driving fast, he can rearend this other player/spawn to infront that. Or worst situation, u spawn to middle of convoy. Myself I always wait free slot in NCZ or shoulder/grass. 

• Upvote 1

personally I think that a rule isn't really needed, as long as people are warned that if they connect to the server and cause and accident, then they are liable to be kicked/banned if the person so wishes to report you.

whenever im waiting to join the server I usually park up in a service area or something and wait till I get a connection before moving off, the one thing that does need fixing is people who actively respawn on busy roads, they are momentarily invisible yet their vehicles bounding box is alrady injected into the server, so you can be driving along and suddenly come to a complete stop like slamming into a brick wall to see a few seconds later someone appear.

Agh - Sorry! Thought I had!

2 hours ago, megadethsteve666 said:

personally I think that a rule isn't really needed, as long as people are warned that if they connect to the server and cause and accident, then they are liable to be kicked/banned if the person so wishes to report you.

You say that, but because there isn't a rule against it then actually they can't be done for it. Nothing is saying they can't do that so if someone were to spawn inside someone when connecting and cause a collision, they can argue that all they did was drive normally and there is no rule against connecting (which in once incident I was told that I can't complain about it because the rules don't state they cant do it).

So as much as I was highly damaged for it, me telling that person to think twice about it made no difference because in their eyes it's allowed.

Is it not common sense for people that they start playing (connecting) the server at a safe place? 

It can happen that people get disconnected  or had a game crash. and they have no other way to just spawn in the server at the highway, or busy places so be it. 

In normal conditions the truck driver stops at a safe place (disconnected) ans starts his journey (connecting) at the same safe place (park zone fuel pump or somewhere elsewhere its safe)

I don't recommend a rule for this first its hard to monitor for admins and hard to proof if a trucker did this on purpose or just had a game crash ?

Only what helps is that people think where they go on and off-line. and the 1 truck you run into well it can happen its a game it can happen we just have to life with it.

qaP2RnB.jpg

Fast Cargo Website

Applications are OPEN

For more information see the website above.

2 hours ago, DanBennett said:

Agh - Sorry! Thought I had!

You say that, but because there isn't a rule against it then actually they can't be done for it. Nothing is saying they can't do that so if someone were to spawn inside someone when connecting and cause a collision, they can argue that all they did was drive normally and there is no rule against connecting (which in once incident I was told that I can't complain about it because the rules don't state they cant do it).

So as much as I was highly damaged for it, me telling that person to think twice about it made no difference because in their eyes it's allowed.

the thing is, and this is from my own personal experience, the number of people spawning in on the road and causing an accident is much more rarer than you think, the only thing I dislike about the spawn in system is that people are invisible yet their vehicles bounding box exists, meaning there's no way of avoiding hitting them.

IMHO I would rather see a rule stopping people from spending too long at company entrances picking their trailer than a rule over spawning in, its just not common enough in my opinion to warrant a all out bannable rule, if it happened and was commented on multiple times a day by tonnes of people, then a rule should be put in places, but because its so rare that people complain about it, there isn't the point, its just extra work for admins to have to do and to deal with.

^ if the person is in the NCZ why cant they be in the entrance picking their trailer. When I play with my brother we try to coordinate our routes by picking ones we both have or ones that drop off close or on the way. If the person is half in half out I understand. Most the time i pull in and turn around so im fully in and then i check the shipping from there. What a lot of people need to do is change in the settings to always have their loads, easy or hard that way they dont need to stop at he gate and block it, their place is already made and can just go in and drop.

There should be something to help the logging off in the streets especially on busy roads and interstates. There is never a reason to log off there.

I am here to help, I hope I helped in some sort of way.

Come check out my Youtube channel, post videos every 2 days

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcwBdDxIYboOD73dPPZ8SAQ

15 hours ago, megadethsteve666 said:

IMHO I would rather see a rule stopping people from spending too long at company entrances picking their trailer 

That can't be managed as the map is designed in that way. You can't avoid people using the map in it's intended way.

Maybe I'm just unlucky with the whole people spawning in thing? It just happens far too often that I am either dodging people spawning in, or getting busted by them. 

It's clearly a resounding "No need" though, so that's fine! Made the post to see what others think and discuss it!

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, jukeboxknox said:

^ if the person is in the NCZ why cant they be in the entrance picking their trailer. When I play with my brother we try to coordinate our routes by picking ones we both have or ones that drop off close or on the way. If the person is half in half out I understand. Most the time i pull in and turn around so im fully in and then i check the shipping from there. What a lot of people need to do is change in the settings to always have their loads, easy or hard that way they dont need to stop at he gate and block it, their place is already made and can just go in and drop.

There should be something to help the logging off in the streets especially on busy roads and interstates. There is never a reason to log off there.

what im talking about are the people who go AFK while choosing their trailer, this stops anyone from entering or leaving the NCZ until that person either comes back or gets AFK kicked.

About the only thing that needs fixing is the invisibility of the player when they spawn in, if you have some sort of warning that the person is about to spawn in front of you, then you can prepare yourself better, but a rule against isn't right, if someone gets DC`d for some reason, its alright to say "oh keep driving till you reach a safe area" but for any person who plays for a specific amount of time for a reason, its a huge pain in the behind, all because of some random DC.

Hello @DanBennett Please update your post with the following format otherwise it will be automatically rejected.

On 07/11/2015 at 11:28 AM, Tuxy Fluffyclaws said:

Suggestion Name:

Suggestion Description:
Any example images:
Why should it be added?:

Kind Regards,

El1teZombiezHD

[TruckersMP Retired Team Member (Ex-Game Moderator)]

If you are replying to me, please @mention me (@El1teZombiezHD ) or quote my message otherwise I may not respond

I don't think this needs to actually be a rule as spawning on the roads is not permitted already and if one causes issues doing so is a banable offence.

On 10/05/2016 at 8:24 AM, scania970 said:

I don't think he did it on purpose. Why should I wait stopped on the side of the road whne waiting to join the server when I'm 90% sure that there's no one near me when I'll hopefully spawn? It's just a waste of time. Obviously I would never do it on busy roads/cities but there shouldn't be a rule for this.

Seriously?

If I'm connecting I'd never drive around while I wait... It's possible the game lags on your end and can connect w/o you knowing it. Furthermore unless you can see in the future you don't know if you're going to spawn into someone.

Here I thought @megadethsteve666 was the worst of us 3 at driving... But clearly you are. What they do is technically justified towards that one person (doesn't make it right but... Not the point here), however you put those around you at risk by spawning on the road. When you spawn in another truck in any form one of 2 things happen. One; you send them to hell, two; you send them flying... The first one isn't as bad as the second, because the second has the potential of causing more damage with other vehicles...

Out of my entire time being here I've only had one cz spawn issue (maybe 2 during the 4k server, but could of been a bug as I f7 and happened again in the ncz) which was during the while Scandinavia no ncz fiasco, 75% my fault as I didn't put my truck in the right position causing a trailer to spawn on me. I've dogged over 6-10 road spawners, one in heavy fog (it's on my YouTube channel), but they all where stationary

So while a new rule isn't actually need imo if you're driving and spawning it should be a perm ban, as that's downright careless and pain and simply not caring about others. If you spawn on someone stuck in a traffic jam you might drive threw 5 trucks before physics in game figures your causing accidents making it look like you hacked the game making your truck a ncz zone.

Edit: @megadethsteve666 park on the curb or a grass part that you can drive out from, chances are you'll never spawn on someone even during a full server as long as it's not a normally busy place. I've done this 0 issues ;) there's a risk but it's like 0.01% :lol:

Edited by Darth Wazawai

Signature removed by a wondering ghost

SUS0M9O.gif

^just to clarify, a. how am I the "worst driver here" when you've never witnessed my driving what so eve, so please don't make accusations and judgements on something you have no clue about. b. its a subjective thing, depending on where you are and what game you're playing. I've seen guys park in the most innocent of places well out of the way of traffic and yet still get thrown through the air because someone else had the same idea.

the worst thing that really grates with me are people who AFK while choosing trailers, if you're trying to get a full sized W900 + a 53FT trailer into a company when someone is AFK on the company point, there is no physical way of entering the company unless there's a different entrance, same goes for leaving, if someone is sat there, there's no way to fit through, unless the AFK far off the side of the activation point in, which gives just a small margin to fit through, but 9/10 times there's no physical way to get in or out unless you "sacrifice" yourself to try and get out.

but to be fair, because people spawning in on the road like this isn't all that common as it used to be, there isn't really the need for a rule to be enforced over it.

1 hour ago, Darth Wazawai said:

Here I thought @megadethsteve666 was the worst of us 3 at driving...

@Darth Wazawai I thought I asked you two to stop harassing each other ......

On 5/11/2016 at 1:49 PM, DanBennett said:

That can't be managed as the map is designed in that way. You can't avoid people using the map in it's intended way.

E.g. make connection process possible only when you are at e.g. a service/garage pickup icon?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.