Jump to content
Wheezy

Road to Simulation

Recommended Posts

I HIGHLY Hate the new speed on the simulation servers. Very boring and it was fun to go about 80MPH or so and make sure you didn't flip or anything. Honestly alot more boring and limited feeling with them. I hope they get put back to how they were or atlease make one server have the old speeds for the love of god.

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

"Hey man, let's go for a beer", "I don't drink beer". So I'm ruining your fun? Can't you go drink beer with others?

 

Most of the time I've been driving in Simulation 1 there were always people around. Not 800 like in C-D, but also not alone. I usually don't pass anyone because I drive by the speed limits, so it's usually others who pass me.

 

The reason why they didn't put one arcade server with collisions is because they know that it would be worse than EU#2, it would be EU#2 before the 150 Km/h speed limit. And surely you remember what it was like back then. Cars doing 300 Km/h destroying everything in their way (well, and not just cars, but that was the main point to implement the speed limit).

 

Why are you giving me a credit that I don't like or deserve? I don't force you or any others to drive with 110 Km/h, I couldn't even if I wanted (which I don't, just to be clear). In fact, I'm constantly remarking that there's no need to drive with 110 Km/h if you don't want to.

 

And believe me, I have more than 3 million Km in MP and I've been trolled lots of times, you have been only 1 or 2 times? you must be the luckiest player in the servers. And believe me, when you take a game seriously, as I do with TMP, doing WoT jobs that can't be recovered with loading autosaves or tricks like that, trolls destroy my fun. Do you think that it's funny to be playing 2-3 hours without a problem to see all that time ruined because some moron decided that "It's fun"? Do you know what's funny? You say that "your crying like kids about trolls" when the fact is that you (and all other people like you) are the ones crying because you don't have the server you desire.

 

I'm hoping that the staff will finally change the current system, making one or both of the arcade servers collision enabled... But keeping the arcade rules. Meaning that players there would be unable to report for ramming, reckless driving, wrong way driving... you  wouldn't care, right? "its just a game its not real life its fun" after all.

yes i wouldn't care at all and when i had been rammed .. i have 11 bilion euros in my account .. i couldn't even report that guy because i need always evidence (video) so . i play for fun i don't understand u because u said that u have 3 million km that's a lot i don't believe u that ... u are so carring about your precious cargo i`m sorry u have maybe more than 11 billion euro's .. i`m sorry  .. but hopefully something will be done about trollers .. i agree with u if they bring collisions in arcade 1 or 2 .. i don't have to report nobody because everybody knows what will be there.... i don't want to be bad but i`m not a rammer i understand that u play 2 - 3 hours and after that one guy is coming and rammes u over for that i`m sorry ... but i finished all that can be finish in this game i mean all achievements whole map discovered 100% all garages bought ... all drivers hired  + trucks buyed ... i just play for fun now i  mean what else should u play this game after u complete everything that the game wanted from u .. i`m level 200 what else i can gain .... if someone rammes me over and he says sorry i let him go ..... if i report him i need video evidence .. and thats it .... i play this game after work to relax not to be stressed out .. about it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@dacia1310 You don't believe that I have that mileage, why should I believe anything you say about yours, about your achievements, etc.? It's easy to make billions, or get hundreds of XP, all you need is a bit of save editing knowledge or cheat engine. Only in WoT jobs, I have more than 1.6 million Km, 99% of them in MP (some WoT events, I do in SP because in MP is almost impossible, like the last one about delivering racing trucks to certain cities). And that's easy to prove:

Spoiler

07.04.2019-23.03.45

 

Before WoT was a thing I already had like 6-7 different profiles with thousands of Km each and I've been using MP since mid-2014. If you don't believe that 3 million Km is doable, just ask others. There are people out there with more than 10 million Km. About the money, I believe that I have around 30 millions. Like I said, no hired drivers in this profile and no cheating. I also play to relax, only for me, relax is a peaceful drive delivering cargoes and that relax goes to hell when morons decide that it's cool to destroy my vehicle. And there are lots of people who play the same as I do, no cheats, no hired drivers, doing WoT jobs... It's not just me who suffers from all of the "idiots on the road", it's lots of other people as well. But that, it seems, only cares to us. You are living proof of that, you don't care if a server is full of trolls, because you won't be affected, it will even be fun to you, probably.

 

That was the problem with EU#2, most of the people only cared about their own fun and **** everyone else. And maybe this is one of the reasons why the staff decided to change things. 

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 3
  • Confused 1
  • Woah! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, XxTeam48LowesXx said:

I HIGHLY Hate the new speed on the simulation servers. Very boring and it was fun to go about 80MPH or so and make sure you didn't flip or anything. Honestly alot more boring and limited feeling with them. I hope they get put back to how they were or atlease make one server have the old speeds for the love of god.

The problem is most people can't go that fast and control their vehicle so that's why they changed the speed limit.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

And what I was trying to say is that I wasn't happy that EU#2 was the way it was, but being the biggest server, it was where all people wanted to be (logically), so I was "forced" to play there to not drive all alone. But I coped with it. Had good times, not so good times and really bad times, but kept playing (with sporadic time-outs to have a well deserved stress-relief). It's the same now (or it should be), many people don't like the servers the way they are, but apparently they haven't given them a try. Instead, they are flooding the forums with their... requests.

 

Exactly my thoughts, when I discovered the multiplayer mod, it wasn't even called truckersmp back then, there were only 2 servers. So logically, I wanted to join EU#1 where all the players were, but since it was always full, I had to get my initial experience in EU#2, which was almost empty, like the arcade servers are now. Honestly I don't remember if it was already without speed limit, but EU#1 was limited to 110km/h, but still, I would go there whenever possible.

When the EU#2 beacme the Big server with 4200 slots, I would naturally want to be there with more players. Now imagine someone new joins truckersmp, guess which server they would pick, and what their experience would be like, when EU#2 was the way it was. Time has come, the Big server is the simulation server. I would only support no speed limit server with collisions, if it was without any rules and any moderation, like the arcade servers are now, with big warning "enter at your own risk" when one wants to join.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I accept Changes. It is ok for simulation server.

But why does the arcade server have the same save-edit limitations? except 3.3...

Australian truck simulator does not exist, why can use b-triple or special Cargo for arcade server?

 

Arcade server is boring has nothing to entertain except speed...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

It seems not only the server numbers, but also the feedback on general behaviour is significantly noticeable and improved in Simulation servers. It just starts to slowly prove a point, to those many that call the simulation players a "minority".
Yet still so many complain about the direction TMP (and SCS btw) aimed to follow from the very first day. Doesn't look good on your picture.

 

Like I said before, if Collision-On on Arcade is still on the table for discussion, I'd say give them collisions - but wth the exact same rules standing at this moment for Arcade servers - no road moderation at all. Let them have their anarchy, we all know where they will return to when no reports for trolling, ramming, griefing, are being handled. In fact I do belive they will STILL be able to be banned from Arcade... let the very first crash happen, and watch the chat flame on with insults, racism, etc, etc, etc. 




 

Edited by Ru13z
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For those who say that, oh because Sim 1 is full, that means people obviously don’t care about the changes etc etc, you’re wrong, most people who play TMP like to play where there is more people, more people equals more interactions and so on and so forth, so if dim 1 has 1500 people in it and sim 2 has 700, logic dictates that the majority of people will go to sim 1, which is backed up by fact if you look at the sever usage numbers, over the less populated sim 2. 

 

With the whole “if you want to go play at speed, play on an arcade server” first off, that’s a childish statement and you should be ashamed, secondly, the same thing use different to be said in the past, where anyone who complained about the constant traffic jams and trolling on EU2 were told to go to EU1 which was supposed to be the sim server which you could think of as practically an RP (RolePlay) server where things were more realistic. 

 

The whole system  is annoying, especially trying to convoy in a large group, on Arcade it’s no fun because there’s no chance of making a mistake and potentially causing an accident, yet on the sim servers, if something does cause the group to get spread out, there’s no way to catch back up with the limiter unless the lead pack slows way down. 

 

As I said before, trolls will troll no matter what speed people drive at and from my experience, trolls like to pick on slower moving targets anyway, so slowing everyone down literally just gives trolls more people to, well, troll. I mean you look at sim 1 during peak times, nothing’s changed, you still have bottlenecks, you still have trolling, you still have crashes and you still have traffic jams, all it’s done is moved the trolls, who were starting to spread out across the map more and making driving in busier areas much easier, to now return to the busiest areas of the map, thus making absolutely 0 difference between the old rules and the new, it’s just that now people move slower with less chance to avoid being trolled.

 

@Ru13z the thing is you are not basing your facts on actual factual evidence, you ask many of the VTC’s, regular drivers and people like me who have been a part of this community for years and years and we will give you the an answer that contradicts your facts. 

 

Back in the old days, we had literal hell on earth in the form of Europoort and Rotterdam when it was a common theme to spend upwards of an hour, real time, stuck in traffic jams that were caused by either a troll or someone who couldn’t drive, mind you, this was during the time WHEN we had a 68MPH limiter and only 2 servers open. Then it all moved to the C-D road after the whole rule shakeup and since then C-D has been the hotspot. The early days when I first started playing TMP only a few months after it’s actual release to the public were way way worse than what we ever had on EU2.

 

The thing is, you are missing the point, people don’t want a lawless hellhole of a server, people want what we’ve had for years, a place where we can drive how WE want to drive and if we break the rules and cause issues, then the ban hammer will show us the way, like I said before, killing off the busiest server in favour of 4 disliked and begrudgingly used servers, two and a half of which are barely used, isn’t the correct way to go, if you want simulation, then open a RolePlay server with a real rulebook, driving tests, licenses, admins doing radar and pulling over and ticketing speeders and people recklessly driving, that would be realistic and still fun. But also give us the option to be able to have a server where there are rules and regulations that are enforced strictly, but you can drive as fast as you want and have collisions, essentially give us EU2 back where we can have fun and be able to do as we wish.

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Do as we wish" - this is the smallest sentence that expresses exactly why EU2 didn't work. Because I can't do as I wish, I'm not playing alone - this Community ruling is exactly as a Society, it HAS to have rules. Thousands of players want their time to play the game and have fun, not to spend it in a loose-ruled server where everyone can do "as they wish". If they wish te be idiots, we have to bear playing and resetting a thousand times, ending up not playing or have fun at all? Bullcrap. Not to mention the quantity ofrules that weren't being followed - Admins DO NOT have to babysit the community by themselves, It is US who have to adapt our behaviour to the rules that are set.

TMP has been aimed for simulation from day one, period. Tough s*** if people cant understand this, suffer the consequences. A few mistakes from TMP and a lot more msitakes from the community motivated that in the last years, but fortunately, the change is apparently coming. And I couldn't be happier for that.
"Do as you wish" where you can actually do so, without crossing the freedom line that separates "You" from "Me".

@megadethsteve666 I've been around myself since 2014. I've seen first row the changes that allowed the mess to happen and I watched the gradual degradation of general community behaviour. It goes both way around, I can easily select 20 players who have been around, or who have joined 6 months ago, or even a few VTC's, that tried out the the new rule set and servers, and thanked heavens that It's over, since they had the best experiencein TMP in a lot of time. So I can easily contradict the unhappiness facts you speak of as well.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope that one of the Arcade has collisions and Arcade without collisions, so that players can make choices. I feel that there is no limit to speed and collision. It is very interesting to play with friends. Of course, I will not go to the malicious player. I just hope that the two players will make choices instead of forced execution. If the arcade is not limited to speed, there is a collision, I hope that the speed limit players come in, and say that this is not good, then they are oh, I am also an old player to see the community and server changes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

@dacia1310 You don't believe that I have that mileage, why should I believe anything you say about yours, about your achievements, etc.? It's easy to make billions, or get hundreds of XP, all you need is a bit of save editing knowledge or cheat engine. Only in WoT jobs, I have more than 1.6 million Km, 99% of them in MP (some WoT events, I do in SP because in MP is almost impossible, like the last one about delivering racing trucks to certain cities). And that's easy to prove:

  Reveal hidden contents

07.04.2019-23.03.45

 

Before WoT was a thing I already had like 6-7 different profiles with thousands of Km each and I've been using MP since mid-2014. If you don't believe that 3 million Km is doable, just ask others. There are people out there with more than 10 million Km. About the money, I believe that I have around 30 millions. Like I said, no hired drivers in this profile and no cheating. I also play to relax, only for me, relax is a peaceful drive delivering cargoes and that relax goes to hell when morons decide that it's cool to destroy my vehicle. And there are lots of people who play the same as I do, no cheats, no hired drivers, doing WoT jobs... It's not just me who suffers from all of the "idiots on the road", it's lots of other people as well. But that, it seems, only cares to us. You are living proof of that, you don't care if a server is full of trolls, because you won't be affected, it will even be fun to you, probably.

 

That was the problem with EU#2, most of the people only cared about their own fun and **** everyone else. And maybe this is one of the reasons why the staff decided to change things. 

where did i say that i don't believe u that u have 3 milion km ????.... i really believed u because i have 900k km on my profile....i actuallly can prove that i have all that i said about the achievements .. and everything i don't use cheat engine i even have all screenshots from the begining if u give me the address i can give all of them to u its about 675 shots from the begining whereever i was and my progress .. i`m not a liar and u don't need cheat engine to achieve that kind of money ... if u hire all drivers + trucks u will see how much money u make/day u will be impressed. by this i would not be affected because its just a game ... u`re making it sounds that its reallity.... "noone died" no funeral .. slap out of it .. i`m just saying where is the fun after u complete all the game asks for u and u deliver all the cargoes and everything .... u have 30 milion even so that is pretty big money also and u crying for a little damage to your trailer.... how old are u anyway ? this is the diffrence i told u its a Game not real life i can argue with u all day unfortunately i have work on day time and i cannot stay on forums all day they don't bring me money ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Ru13z said:

"Do as we wish" - this is the smallest sentence that expresses exactly why EU2 didn't work. Because I can't do as I wish, I'm not playing alone - this Community ruling is exactly as a Society, it HAS to have rules. Thousands of players want their time to play the game and have fun, not to spend it in a loose-ruled server where everyone can do "as they wish". If they wish te be idiots, we have to bear playing and resetting a thousand times, ending up not playing or have fun at all? Bullcrap. Not to mention the quantity ofrules that weren't being followed - Admins DO NOT have to babysit the community by themselves, It is US who have to adapt our behaviour to the rules that are set.

TMP has been aimed for simulation from day one, period. Tough s*** if people cant understand this, suffer the consequences. A few mistakes from TMP and a lot more msitakes from the community motivated that in the last years, but fortunately, the change is apparently coming. And I couldn't be happier for that.
"Do as you wish" where you can actually do so, without crossing the freedom line that separates "You" from "Me".

@megadethsteve666 I've been around myself since 2014. I've seen first row the changes that allowed the mess to happen and I watched the gradual degradation of general community behaviour. It goes both way around, I can easily select 20 players who have been around, or who have joined 6 months ago, or even a few VTC's, that tried out the the new rule set and servers, and thanked heavens that It's over, since they had the best experiencein TMP in a lot of time. So I can easily contradict the unhappiness facts you speak of as well.

in 2014 when the multiplayer first appear there were no rules no "non collision zones" i remember that all of us waited at the entrance of a company just to release our trailers or to pick up new cargoes.... and i think everyone was more responsible because they knew that if they touch the player in front all the trucks would fly ... then after i think 2  or 3 months they made the rules they invent the kick and  the ban and everything... i think they were 5000 slots back then, it was a big lag .. and after all the rules and the kick/ban invent, they made after 1 year i think in 2015 #eu1 with 90km and #eu2 no speed limiter, then they saw that the #eu1 server is starting to get empty and #eu2 became first server because it was a lot more intresting than to drive with that low speed this rules was every time put it with force .. they always force us remember even its called simulator or not its not real life its just a game u should think overall on both sided players not just one side .. u make now 4 servers 2 simulation and 2 arcade with no collision zone and this is fair traide???... i don't think so.

i disagree with the new updatee just because twice they tried it and they failed .

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, eLephaNt said:

Worst update so far. Good job. Maybe u should make full simulation? 80kmh.

 

It is wonderful to read the whiners and the non argmunents that it has become so boring.

I drove around on simulation 2, it was busy, no weird behavior and everyone I encountered had visible fun.

Compared to the previous simulation server it was very busy, delicious.
I ended the evening very satisfied.

 

To come back to your comment, I would prefer nothing more than 1 server where the max speed is 90 km.

 

A Big Thank you for TMP!!!!!!

 

Cheers,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And again, as always, the rullers do what they think is best for community, not what community want.

While reports in game goes nowhere, you can spend hour to wait for someone give up blocking road, there no admin or moder to help you. We now have restriction with 110km/h. And that is simulation? In what part? Even SCS add ability to disable speed limit, so you can play the way you want. I like doing long trips in ETS2 over 1000, 2000, 3000 km. But doing them with 90/110 km/h got me insane, bored and sleepy. I play game, not drive real truck. If i can handle my truck at 150km/h on the higway, why not? For all who want spend a real day in game doing one long distance trip like in RL - enable speed limit locally if you not want give up and speed to 150, stay at your 70/80/90 km/h and keep going.

How the speed limit helps with trolls? They stop ramming? blocking? Nope.

 

While it takes a month for the devs to update for support latest version, taking month to support NewYear events, and mostly in limited version without sharing paintjobs, they decide to force limits. Keep go like that, hiding your laziness with the best wishes for community. And the "trial cars" make me think that before SCS run they own MP, you want monetize cars and take cash before close project.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, dacia1310 said:

where did i say that i don't believe u that u have 3 milion km ????

Really?

 

10 hours ago, dacia1310 said:

because u said that u have 3 million km that's a lot i don't believe u that...

Ring any bells? Short memory, I guess...

 

And to be clear, I'm not "crying for a little damage to my trailer". This is something that you clearly got wrong. I play the game to relax and to me, relax is pick a WoT job and drive it peacefully with the goal to deliver with 0% damage. Long jobs, 1000 Km minimum. And when I've been driving for a couple of hours perfectly fine and a moron who only plays for fun destroys my trailer, I'm quite pissed off. Not for the damage to the trailer, but because I drove for hours and because of a moron, it was all wasted time. You play for fun, if someone stops you from having your fun, you don't like it, do you? If you can't understand that FUN is a different concept for each person and that in a multiplayer environment all kinds of fun have to be respected, then you are a part of the problem. Not saying that you go trolling other players, but you don't care if others do that, because you find it funny. Lots of people have embraced that the concept of "Idiots on the road" is fun. Yeah, but it's fun only for the idiots on the road and for those who enjoy seeing them destroy others, or even be destroyed themselves, because they don't give a ****. What if that destroyed other player had been driving for 2-3 hours, ending in "all for nothing"? But who cares, right? You had your fun, that's what it counts. Or so it seems.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

Really?

 

Ring any bells? Short memory, I guess...

 

And to be clear, I'm not "crying for a little damage to my trailer". This is something that you clearly got wrong. I play the game to relax and to me, relax is pick a WoT job and drive it peacefully with the goal to deliver with 0% damage. Long jobs, 1000 Km minimum. And when I've been driving for a couple of hours perfectly fine and a moron who only plays for fun destroys my trailer, I'm quite pissed off. Not for the damage to the trailer, but because I drove for hours and because of a moron, it was all wasted time. You play for fun, if someone stops you from having your fun, you don't like it, do you? If you can't understand that FUN is a different concept for each person and that in a multiplayer environment all kinds of fun have to be respected, then you are a part of the problem. Not saying that you go trolling other players, but you don't care if others do that, because you find it funny. Lots of people have embraced that the concept of "Idiots on the road" is fun. Yeah, but it's fun only for the idiots on the road and for those who enjoy seeing them destroy others, or even be destroyed themselves, because they don't give a ****. What if that destroyed other player had been driving for 2-3 hours, ending in "all for nothing"? But who cares, right? You had your fun, that's what it counts. Or so it seems.

because u said that u have 3 million km that's a lot i don't believe u that..... u are so carring about your precious cargo it was a continue... i didn't  say that i don't believe u man read till the end its my grammar problem ..  

and secondly before wot u had just sp and mp i think wot appeared in 2015 at the end .. ok i agree with u u drive a lot 2-3 hours and a idiot destroy your fun ok .. but i think u had one server #eu 1 simulation as u loved and i think in the high hours the server was with no more than 800 ppl .... we had a server #eu2 and was very good there we both had to win something... where is your problem in this update???... u had what u wanted a #eu1 server just for u simulation drivers ... why did they do this and ruin both of us a fun .. ???

can u tell me that? no

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My friend u should understand that this is a "GAME"  even if its called simulation its a game ... not reallity .. .if it was a simulator they should have implemented it before u take a driver's licence exam i can say that. 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
41 minutes ago, dacia1310 said:

because u said that u have 3 million km that's a lot i don't believe u that..... u are so carring about your precious cargo it was a continue... i didn't  say that i don't believe u man read till the end its my grammar problem ..  

Fair enough, sorry for the missunderstanding ;)

 

With the latest update, not only I don't have any problems, I'm 100% supporting it. But before, just like now, there was a 4200 slots server and then, 3x2300 slots ones. Clearly, players (me included) like to play around other people (up to a limit, I hate the C-D area), so we will go where the most people are. That's why EU#1 was almost never full and why Simulation 1 is the most popular server now. But it still has a 110 Km/h speed limit. And that bothers a lot of people who want to go faster. My fun was limited before the update, I had the option of playing on empty roads (EU#1) or on a server with lots of "idiots on the road" (EU#2). Now, I'm happier because I can drive on a very populated server where people can't "fly pass" doing 150 Km/h, driving all over the road and ramming, sidewiping, cutting off, etc. (not you, maybe, but there were lots of people like this in EU#2). After more than 10000 Km in Simulation 1, I've had less incidents than I used to have in a single 1000 Km drive in EU#2. So clearly, they haven't ruined my fun, on the contrary, they have made it easier to achieve.

 

And those who think that fun is about speeding have the arcade servers, but still want them to have collisions, which seems to imply that these people don't actually think that the speeding is the fun fact, but the constant crashing. If those servers were made collisions enabled but without any rules, they wouldn't work. You would accept that, from what I read, but I believe that most of the players asking for it wouldn't. They want things to go back to what they were before, not understanding or not caring about why that "before" was changed.

Edited by FernandoCR [ESP]
Correcting typos
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

Fair enough, sorry for the missunderstanding ;)

 

With the latest update, not only I don't have any problems, I'm 100% supporting it. But before, just like now, there was a 4200 slots server and then, 3x2300 slots ones. Clearly, players (me included) like to play arond other people (up to a limit, I hate the C-D area), so we will go where the most people are. That's why EU#1 was almost never full and why Simulation 1 is the most popular server now. But it still has a 110 Km/h speed limit. And that bothers a lot of people who want to go faster. My fun was limited before the update, I had the option of playing on empty roads (EU#1) or on a server with lots of "idiots on the road" (EU#2). Now, I'm happier because I can drive on a very populated server where people can't "fly pass" doing 150 Km/h, driving all over the road and ramming, sidewiping, cutting off, etc. (not you, maybe, but there were lots of people like this in EU#2). After more than 10000 Km in Simulation 1, I've had less incidents than I used to have in a single 1000 Km drive in EU#2. So clearly, they haven't ruined my fun, on the contrary, they have made it easier to achieve.

 

And those who think that fun is about speeding have the arcade servers, but still want them to have collisions, which seems to imply that these people don't actually think that the speeding is the fun fact, but the constant crashing. If those servers were made collisions enabled but without any rules, they wouldn't work. You would accept that, from what I read, but I believe that most of the players asking for it wouldn't. They want things to go back to what they were before, not understanding or not caring about why that "before" was changed.

yes but with that spoiled the fund of others like me  from my point of view i would imply for collisions on arcade 1 for example .. and the other without collisions so everybody will be happy .. but i can assure u that now its the situation for the moment ... if they put collisions the arcade 1 will have also a lot of players and i would imply without admins i mean if u ramm somebody bye bye report ... no reports no bans i fully agree with that and i think a lot of people here would like that .. but i assure u also that not all the time the speed was the problem... u know the c-d between callais and duisburg there is chaos .... every time and high latency ... maybe u are satisfied , but that doesn't mean we have to be forcefully doing that because they do this in this manner....

if they enable collisions in arcade it will be a plus for everybody and we will have a win/win situation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, megadethsteve666 said:

For those who say that, oh because Sim 1 is full, that means people obviously don’t care about the changes etc etc, you’re wrong, most people who play TMP like to play where there is more people, more people equals more interactions and so on and so forth, so if dim 1 has 1500 people in it and sim 2 has 700, logic dictates that the majority of people will go to sim 1, which is backed up by fact if you look at the sever usage numbers, over the less populated sim 2. 


According to your "logic", the arcade servers would be filled with players in the first place, as the so called "majority of players" that is quoted in this discussion so often apparently enjoys to drive at excessive speeds which only the arcade servers provide.

 

8 hours ago, megadethsteve666 said:

The whole system  is annoying, especially trying to convoy in a large group, on Arcade it’s no fun because there’s no chance of making a mistake and potentially causing an accident, yet on the sim servers, if something does cause the group to get spread out, there’s no way to catch back up with the limiter unless the lead pack slows way down.

 

The arcade server does not limit any player in doing mistakes. The difference is that a mistake on the arcade server has no direct consequence. Stick to the facts, please.

 

 

8 hours ago, megadethsteve666 said:

As I said before, trolls will troll no matter what speed people drive at and from my experience, trolls like to pick on slower moving targets anyway, so slowing everyone down literally just gives trolls more people to, well, troll.

 

The reduction of the maximum speed limit to 110kph only affects players that drove at excessive speeds before, including reckless drivers and trolls. Consequently, there are at least not more possible targets (given that trolls do not use speed hacks).
 

 

8 hours ago, megadethsteve666 said:

 

@Ru13z the thing is you are not basing your facts on actual factual evidence, you ask many of the VTC’s, regular drivers and people like me who have been a part of this community for years and years and we will give you the an answer that contradicts your facts.


I find it a bold and rude statement to say that only veteran members know the true facts. It deprives non-veterans of any valid arguments and you kill the basis of any serious discussion.
 

 

8 hours ago, megadethsteve666 said:

The thing is, you are missing the point, people don’t want a lawless hellhole of a server, people want what we’ve had for years, a place where we can drive how WE want to drive and if we break the rules and cause issues, then the ban hammer will show us the way,

Why do you not speak for yourself?. Such platitudes do not contribute to the discussion at all.

Who exactly is we?
And why can you not drive like you want anymore? I could imagine that 40 kph less does not make it impossible to break the rules.

 

 

8 hours ago, megadethsteve666 said:

But also give us the option to be able to have a server where there are rules and regulations that are enforced strictly, but you can drive as fast as you want and have collisions, essentially give us EU2 back where we can have fun and be able to do as we wish. 

 

I think you misunderstood the concept of the former EU#2 server. It was never meant to be nor meant to become a mayhem server as it was before it was shutdown. And it was certainly not meant to be an anarchy server where everybody could do as he/she pleases. Unless that is your definition of fun.

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, dacia1310 said:

but with that spoiled the fund of others like me 

Which proves once again that it's impossible to have everyone happy. You would be OK with a collisions no-rules server, I assure you that most of the people asking to enable collisions in arcade servers wouldn't accept the "no-rules" and would start asking for moderators to be there and enforce rules. In the end, most people don't want to be rammed just because... It may be funny when the victims are other players, not so much when the victim is oneself.

 

46 minutes ago, dacia1310 said:

u know the c-d between callais and duisburg there is chaos .... every time and high latency

TBH, I don't know, that's a place I learnt to avoid a long time ago. But why is there so much chaos? If people drove with reasonable speeds, there would be none. Chaos comes from people overspeeding and overtaking dangerously, crashing into others, causing a jam because being a 2 lane road there's no way to pass, players crowding the area and... 200 players in a 100 meters stretch of the road is too much for the server to handle. That's what causes the lag. Like I said, I've been driving in Simulation 1, more than 10000 Km, no incidents (only one driver hit my truck and only gave 1% damage, it was more a joke than a troll) and I haven't noticed any lags. Only in my first run, but it was my PC, restarted it and all good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

Which proves once again that it's impossible to have everyone happy. You would be OK with a collisions no-rules server, I assure you that most of the people asking to enable collisions in arcade servers wouldn't accept the "no-rules" and would start asking for moderators to be there and enforce rules. In the end, most people don't want to be rammed just because... It may be funny when the victims are other players, not so much when the victim is oneself.

 

TBH, I don't know, that's a place I learnt to avoid a long time ago. But why is there so much chaos? If people drove with reasonable speeds, there would be none. Chaos comes from people overspeeding and overtaking dangerously, crashing into others, causing a jam because being a 2 lane road there's no way to pass, players crowding the area and... 200 players in a 100 meters stretch of the road is too much for the server to handle. That's what causes the lag. Like I said, I've been driving in Simulation 1, more than 10000 Km, no incidents (only one driver hit my truck and only gave 1% damage, it was more a joke than a troll) and I haven't noticed any lags. Only in my first run, but it was my PC, restarted it and all good.

if you go there between calais and duisburg, u will find out that the speed is not the problem .. because they are rolling with 40.. km ... the problem is that there are others that want to go a little faster because they want to make a jam and drive slowly and there are a lot of players in that area every time maybe 400 ppl... in that area... and regarding the rules, i think for sure one admin will be on that server :)) even if i say that i agree with those rules in arcade server i asure u one admin at least will be on that server because last night when i played.. i saw players being kicked by an admin ... :) i will easy play on that server with collision zones is more fun.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...