Unsupported version Read more... ×
ASIR [CZE]

Do you slow down, when you are being overtaken?

Hey,

i am normally driving 90 KM/H. If I am getting overtaken, I drive a little bit to the right side and slow down to 85 KM/H. This makes it easy to overtake correctly in my mind :D 

You also don't want that the person you are overtaking speeds up :D 

LG Sebastian

• Upvote 1

I often slow down when someone wants to overtake me. Because I simply don't want to cause an accident with them. But if the player provokes me when they cross me, I will not slow down

You can see this article to know how to pass properly

I enjoy the game in a realistic style. Additionally I always take World Of Truck's delivery, so my max speed is 90 km/h.

In 95% cases of being overtaken I don't even have to slow down, cause the overtaker just fly next to me, so sometimes I can't even notice his truck. 

But generally Yes, if someone is just 10-20 km/h faster than me, I slow down, especially on 2 lanes roads.

• Like 2

I always slow down if the person overtaking has been keeping distance and waited for a safe time to overtake and just driving respectfully. But if they are just trying to cut in or have been tailgating me or something similar then I don't bother.

I will only slow down if I see someone coming in the oncoming lane heading toward the driver passing me. I rather avoid having an accident right in front of me. I will not slow down just due to someone passing me though.

If someone is trying to overtake me, I maintain a steady course and speed. Normally, I only slow down if necessary to let the vehicle pass.

It really depends on the situation.

If I deem it safe for the overtake to continue at a slow overtaking speed I would stay at my current speed. (on most motorways)

If I deem it unsafe for the overtake to continue I would probably honk my horn, and flash my lights to alert oncoming traffic since I need to look behind me so that I don't break check someone accidentally before slowing down.

If I am being passed, I have right of way up until we are neck and neck. I may pull over to allow more breathing room for the pass, but it isnt my responsibility to coddle people who cant judge a proper pass. You can see oncoming traffic on the minimap, and chances are if you are driving too fast to see oncoming traffic to render, you probably shouldnt be passing.

Theres a word for people like that on the real roads. Dead.

Depends on the situation, i've had multiple times where I have been gradually gaining speed after a corner but someone has ended up on the wrong side of the road because they've gone to fast then decided to try and overtake. I've then been blamed for speeding up when i'm actually just trying to get back to 70 again. In that instance, the person who cut the corner at 80 and then tries overtaking unsafely is in the wrong.

If, however, it's a regular straight and someone is overtaking safely then sure, i'll make sure they can pass.

In a nutshell, if you're unsafely overtaking and causing issues for other drivers, it's no longer my responsibilty, if they're doing it safely then I have no problem with it.

It really depends on the circumstances. I'd rather avoid accidents when possible, so if I see the person is slowly overtaking me, I'll slow down, and even more if there's an imminent dangerous situation incoming. Other than that, I just keep my speed for the most part.