tailgaters scare me

murray5521

so It has not happened in awhile but it seems like most people on the highway want to go as fast as they want and they drive right up behind you but they don't realise if you get a second of lag your truck freezes so if there right behind you then they hit you is that my fault or their fault I usually just ignore them if there tailgating me but sometimes I have even had people being so close behind me when i brake they just ram me because There not leaving enough space and it seems like this is what most players do just want to speed down the highway even in the cities like amsterdam you get tailgaters and I have very heavy lag there and my truck froze and the guy ran straight into the back of me then he called me a idiot which I don't understand how am a idiot I cannot prevent lag my computer is not the best but sometimes I lag even when theres only 6+ trucks on screen idk why It would lag when theres only 6 players near me unless it something to do with my computer but tailgaters scare me because if they drive right behind you they will just end up crashing into you I have even had people who have been tailgating me and overtaken me when another truck is coming and i had to move onto the grass because he would have had a head on collision I know there not alot you can do about tailgaters but is tailgating a bannable offense or do you just ignore them thats what I have been doing but it seems like everyone tailgates on the highway then if you lag is it your fault all theres

thankyou for reading :)

I hate tailgaters, especially if they have there brights on. People still pass me even when i'm going 75 on the highway :huh:

Tailgating is not a bannable offense, it's just stupid, because as you say, no one can know when the truck in front will lag. In any case, if you're driving normally, someone going faster keeps tailgating and they hit your trailer, it's always their fault for not keeping a safe distance. Only way I found to get rid of those people is letting the truck go or even slow down (not hitting the brakes, just using cruise control and the retarder) so they usually overtake easier. If after slowing down they keep driving behind, I'll hit my blinker and come to a full stop. If they stop behind my truck, Shadowplay video and report for harassing me. That is a bannable offense:  Bullying/Harrassment - Ban

If someone rear ends you it's their fault, that's the way it is IRL as well. When people tailgate me I need to resist the urge to brake check them but I believe if I do that then I could get banned. If they happen to have a video and try and say you "brake checked" then 1. no brake lights would come on and 2. you can't stop on a dime from 60mph to 0mph. Also, if you're lagging on your screen you'll be lagging on the other players screen, I believe so at least. So if they are following you that close then all of a sudden you desync then it's really their fault because they had a warning technically speaking. 

I get passed all the time even if im doing 5-10 over the posted limit same thing happens in ETS2 i could be going 62 in a 50 zone and still players pass me left and right. i dont mind it if its someone in a Scout cause cars do usually have higher speed Limits than trucks in some parts of ATS and ETS2 but other trucks it's annoying and reckless but i gave up pointing it out and just let them use more fuel and crash into the barriers and damage their truck and trailer.

4i21k0-5.png

I warn them nicely if they are too close to my truck, I hate to have tailgaters following me especially when I need to slow down to take a turn and they end up not slowing down and they blame me for crashing into them and for slowing down, especially true at motorways exits, I follow the speed indicated there cause I know otherwise I'm gonna wreck my truck or trailer.

76561198104067447.png

With me it depends on where i'm at and what the limit is in California i Cruise at 60 because its just fast enough for me to shift into 8H and still be able to pull up a hill while still maintaining a decent MPG Nevada i usually sit right at 80 where i can and 70 in the 65 zones and then arizona im usually at 80 in the 75 zones and again 70 in the 65 zones the only time i ever exceed 5 over is if i have to pass someone who is badly desyncing in front of me and in ETS2 i usually never go above 100KPH unless needing to pass someone as above 100 most of my trucks start to really Guzzle Diesel and im never in that big of a hurry i like to enjoy the sights the games have to offer and i just end up shaking my head when people tailgate me as i know my ping is not the greatest especially on the European servers where it likes to hover between 178-200ms and if i lag back and hit them anymore i just laugh as that's what they get for tailgating and karma hit em square in the face. 

4i21k0-5.png

I just hit the quick save  button to let tailgaters slam into me. Luckily I rarely have to do this anymore as it seems that thanks to the car almost all retards have migrated to EU#2.

I usually merge into another lane or even pull into the emergency lane if I have a tailgater, let them pass, and I get back to business. If they keep following me, I'm pulling over, waiting, and if they stay, I'm exiting the game, coming back on a different server.

Take foot off the accelerator and gradually slow down to maybe 10/15KPH below the limit... They'll soon get annoyed and overtake or back off.

Don't break as that'll cause a scare and probably be rammed.

When taking WOT Contract jobs, I'm driving at 90KPH and some guy speeding decided to start tailgating me on a highway. So did just that. He flashed and beeped his horn then overtook while beeping. I don't mind that - I'm just laughing at the guy for being a tool :D

Many people have the wrong idea about tailgaters. Let me explain.

First off, where ever the tailgater is going is way more important than where you are going. Don’t believe me? Just ask them. Second, when you tailgate, you get where you are going a lot faster…. like a whole two or three seconds! Third, it helps keep you awake when you are starting to nod off. Being so close to the trailer in front of you that you have no forward view keeps your stress level so high that you can’t possibly fall asleep (I think).  The only down side I can see to tailgating is when the jerk in front of you slows down unexpectedly to take an exit and you don’t notice in time because you were texting. ;-)  (sarcasm)

I've noticed that when people tailgate me they end up flying off over the barrier and start doing loads of flips. This is most likely due to my internet have one its moments where my ping will spike to 400-500ms for a split second and then drops back down to about 30-50ms. To this day I still have no idea why my ping does this. Anyway, the tailgater usually will get annoyed and say they have reported me, etc.

I have also noticed that when a player overtakes me they can sometimes cut in a bit too close for comfort. 2 days ago I had someone cut infront of me but they ended up clipping the front right panel of my truck and causing me 100% damage while they drove off thinking that nothing has happened.

@waite Unless the person infront is lane hogging then the tailgater is always at fault. In the UK theory test it is recommended to keep a 2 second gap between the car infront and you at 70MPH, this is to allow for sudden braking and slowing down for junctions, etc. If the tailgater was to cause an accident then the tailgater would be at fault for causing an accident through reckless driving.

1105615.png

MsduciabaA29N7MEu7DlydS4GHo%3D.png

Have a problem with your ban? Make an appeal

Archived