Thoughts on Windows 10 - What do you think?

DFS_TV

As the title suggests, I'm here to read your thoughts about Windows 10!

Have you installed it already, or are you holding off?

If you have installed it, what do you like, or what don't you like?

Personally, I installed and activated Windows 10 with no problems. It looks good, and runs good. Definitely a step up from Windows 8 and Windows 8.1.

0cRIb6g.png

SCS Software - Senior Beta Tester

Former Community Manager - Former In-Game Administrator - Former Squirrel.TV Moderation Team Member

Did I provide useful information? Please click "Like This" if so!

Went from Windows 7 to Windows 10, and I have to say, it's as if I haven't even changed OS. Everything is where I want it to be. Some extra features that I dislike such as Cortana and Microsoft Edge, but all in all its a nice fluid OS. It definitely runs quicker and there is no need to have a Microsoft account :D (created one just in case). Since I don't use the start menu having it or not isn't a big deal to me. The new icons are pretty nice too. Best of all, everything is compatible! It does take a moderate amount of time to download, install and upgrade but its worth it. Thumbs up from me  :)

My experience so far... A tiny ass dialogue box giving no information about anything other than "Something happened" "Windows 10 failed to install". Essentially W10 is just giving me the finger. 

Meh, I'll sort it out eventually but I'll probably do it in a month or so if it just flat out refuses to install today. So far though... I have to wonder whether it's worth all this trouble.

I'm happy with my current OS, none of this mobile friendly junk. I want a PC with software designed for a PC, not designed for mobile...

To be honest...if not for a few symbols and the start menu you would not see the difference between Win 7 & 10 that fast.

Or looks that really so different?

http://www.directupload.net/file/d/4063/qmnnvpsc_jpg.htm

Finally got Windows 10 running on my HDD, now getting it on my SSD...

It looks nice, haven't updated my preview version for a while so it's great to see some improvements since then.

I'm looking forward getting used to it :)

Scar | Retired Legend

You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.

Banned: HELP! - Report a player - Help - Rules - Staff recruitment - Complaints/feedback

Well i installed Windows 10 to my computer yesterday. Must say, i didin't even download a new browser xD I think Edge works just fine... Soon as there will be AdBlock i will be happy. And i didin't even change my background. It just looks beautiful :3 I like the icons and i like everything exept Cortana dosen't work in Finland ;_;

Bruh

Same here, upgraded last night, no backups , nothing corrupted, everything worked and works like a charm.

The only thing that bothers me is that Cortana is not available in my country as well (Romania)

Other then that, 10/10 !

stvsmaller_zps107050c2.png

Doing the Multiplayer Hardcore Challenge on the Europe #2 Server - Currently level 15

Got it running on my SSD :D

Different Machines?

If not.....why did you not install it directly on the ssd?

I want to install Win10 on my SSD and use my HDD as storage, but my computer wasn't able to boot from the USB stick so I decided to try installing it on my HDD first.

Scar | Retired Legend

You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.

Banned: HELP! - Report a player - Help - Rules - Staff recruitment - Complaints/feedback

i have it since a week ago, it works, it's all i want from an OS. The only issue i have is that with multiple monitors some games don't bind the mouse to the primary monitor so you will rage when you clic outside the main monitor and your game minimizes (or crashes). Only solution for now is Win+P and dissabling extended view.

Installed yesterday on the desktop but have been running it on the laptop ever since the the original insider builds. Its been getting better recently. Had some awful crashing issues, like the whole OS would freeze and require a power-off to fix. Seems faster than 8.1 and all my software and games seem to work fine. Only time will tell I guess!

Lad Logistics

76561198085923765.png

4546682805.png

(This is why I'm mostly on singleplayer)

Okay, so I just upgraded to Windows 10 as well, and as many others there have been some issues. Hopefully it's just now in the beginning. However, there is one thing that is more annoying than the others to me. After my upgrade, OBS will not record my gameplay properly. I don't know if any of you guys have noticed this, but when I play back my recordings of ETS, I see nothing but frozen images that change every 10-20 seconds. It's horrible. Sound doesn't seem affected though, only video. It is super annoying as I tend to use my clips in youtube compilations. If anyone has any clue what could be causing this, I would be pleased to know! 

Edit: So I did some more testing, and what I've found out is that the lag only occurs when I'm actually trucking. In the menu, everything flows as it should... I really can't wrap my head around this

Archived