Possible fix: Kick for Unreliable Connection

butilka123

You got kicked for unreliable connection while connecting to a place with many players  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Do you have the same Problem?

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

maybe they could add a multi stage style load in process? something along the lines where you gain information in a more efficient manner
for example 
-loads map
-loads vehicles and their attachments (this is all attachments) and it goes in order from 1 brand to the next
-loads in players while you're not open (thus itll only require the information on what they're using as you've loaded up most models ready for use
-loads player in

-unloads whats needed 

-screen changes to game

I'm no developer by any means but i do notice when i load in its very random how things appear, sometimes people further away appear first (scania for exampl) then Daf then the guy closest to me in the same style as the furthest guy appears.   might help

• Like 1
  • True Story 1

• 3 weeks later...

+1 I totally agree with this. This is a problem that starts on TMP or the game optimization, because you could have a very powerful PC and still freezing while loading. Not only in Duisburg-Calais city. This also happens to me in Luxembourg (not the busiest city of the game). Also, this "loading screen freeze" just happens on MP; in singleplayer there's no further problem. So we can tell that technically it's not our fault. The problem here is that for reconnect, you have to close the game and repeat the process. This can be avoided if we could have a "/reconnect" command that can be used on the chat and done!.

On 5/7/2020 at 7:05 AM, Mr Lispy said:

maybe they could add a multi stage style load in process? something along the lines where you gain information in a more efficient manner
for example 
-loads map
-loads vehicles and their attachments (this is all attachments) and it goes in order from 1 brand to the next
-loads in players while you're not open (thus itll only require the information on what they're using as you've loaded up most models ready for use
-loads player in

-unloads whats needed 

-screen changes to game

I'm no developer by any means but i do notice when i load in its very random how things appear, sometimes people further away appear first (scania for exampl) then Daf then the guy closest to me in the same style as the furthest guy appears.   might help

And this solution is also great and more efficient that the previous one I mentioned, but the credit indeed goes on @Mr Lispy :) (and @butilka123 for the creation of this suggestion).  If the game does all those processes before connecting, it's pretty impossible to be kicked while the load of the game. 

• Upvote 2

54 minutes ago, [JET BLUE] - Juan.Cruz said:

This can be avoided if we could have a "/reconnect" command that can be used on the chat and done!.

+1 | I would also agree with the /reconnect button, but it would make a lot easier to join from a kick. It would be nice if it can only used if the game kicked due to unreliable connection, but from that point it would be even better if the server doesn't kick us. This problem could be avoided if the server check's before kicking. If the user is in a no collison zone, don't kick the user, otherwise kick it.

Developers, what about this feature? We need it!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

This feature is amazing! Especially because I use wireless 3G internet because there are no fibre-optic or Cable communication from internet. It's a damaged DSL cable that runs up my street and supports up to 2mbps. The ping I had when I used 2mbps was averaging around 500 because my upstream was 200kb. Although, with the 3G, I can get 10mbps at midnight and around 6mbps at daytime. But wireless has ping, so thats an issue. I just love the idea of a reconnect button instead of alt +f4, then re-opening tmp launcher, then going in the game.

• Like 2

I think this would be of great benefit to a lot of players within TMP. My only concern is that I am unsure whether or not it would be possible for the game to decipher between loading in and actually having a genuinely unreliable connection. As I pointed out here, it doesn't just seem to be a question of internet capability, but also seems to be determined by your CPU and GPU strain, and how those strains impact how long it takes you to load into the world. If the system is unable to determine internet from hardware strain, how can it determine loading from not loading?

If it's possible, I'm all for it, but I would urge people not to get their hopes up too quickly about such a feature, because it may end up being the case that it isn't feasible.

• Like 2

Paddy

Prime Logistics | Former HR & Exam Team

TMP Former Events Team

• 6 months later...
Spoiler

@butilka123 Saying the first and second option sensibly seems to be one of the best solutions to this problem, but thinking about all the players and at any time I believe that the second and third option could be reformulated into a single item, so that the person not being able to drive your vehicle or something similar until the game is fully loaded, however, there must be a consistent time limit for the person not to spend all day trying to load all players if there is a very bad internet and a very bad computer too. I say this from my own experience, especially with the old "0.0m" problem which is very dangerous.

Despite not being able to present technical arguments and playing since 2014 on the TruckersMP network with my "Potato PC", I believe that the current "Unrealiable connection" system has come to be an ally and kick people with excessive internet connection problems and the server, however, I have noticed that even though there is a stable internet where there are no ping fluctuations, where only the FPS can oscillate due to my computer, I'm also kicked by an unreliable connection. Although not the subject of this topic, but here is my question, is the connection unreliable as far as it's usually presented and is part of my knowledge, isn't it intended for people with connection problems instead of FPS?

In addition to the items mentioned above and also based on the opinion of other people, for me it doesn't seem too bad to create the reconnect button to the servers after a kick or any other problem, if it's possible to develop. Therefore, even if the topic is old I believe that I can leave my opinion here and I apologize if there is something incoherent or confusing, after all, I'm still not good in the English language.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Please fix this, it's literally unplayable for me. I use wifi on my PC which tends to spike in ping therefore I game on mobile data most of the time and have no problems with other games at all but that's not the case with ets2, for some reason neither wifi neither data are working. Sometimes I'm lucky enough to have stable connection so I don't get kicked, but it's sad that most convoys I can't attend due to this problem.

• Like 1

spacer.png

This would be great if implemented. I have slower internet and while its great 90% of the time, sometimes I do get disconnected in these situations. Not sure which option the devs may want to implement if they would implement any of the options, but, this is definitely something that would help out DSL users and other people who don't have or don't have access to faster internet. I also think as stated before by other users, a reconnect button or chat command would be great only for those who were kicked due to too high ping or unreliable connection. Obviously don't have the reconnect feature enabled for those who were kicked by a moderator.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • True Story 2

It is definitly a great idea. Although I've got a stable internet conection (1000Mbps), I still got kicked from time to time due to this reason when my PC stucked and frozed during loading the previous save after most traffic accidents. Really hoping this issue could be fixed in the future

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

You don't just get ticketed when there are too many players online. you can also get ticketed if there is no one around and you will see that your ping is too high.

It would be nice if they also had an explanation of how you can prevent such a thing.
How come the server can't handle your high ping.

And it would be nice if there would be a certain button where you would be taken directly to the start page instead of having to save, then exit and start all over again. this is very annoying when you are recording or streaming

• True Story 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

The best solution to this type of problem is to add an auto connect feature.
Which has its advantages and not but then you should not have to restart the game every time you lose the connection to the server.

Often it is server ports and Nat type that can destroy and lose the connection