Jump to content
[Chenxi/COO]*Sange

How do you see TMP updates to servers and rules?

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, adisadicu said:

btw ... there's a new way of trolling on c-d road already: going 60kmph because that's the speed limit :D


I always did that in the past, as I follow the speed limits shown on the traffic signs. But I have never been held accountable for trolling. Weird... ;)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@en_field I don't mind going 60 on c-d road but I prefer the 90 with wot jobs. I obey the speed limits irl (it hurts the wallet not doing it) but in ets didn't cross my mind to do it :) A loaded HCT is painfully slow and when there's a bit of uphill road ... turtle slow.

@Joao Rodrigues Probably the others didn't notice you going 60 because they we're flying around you. Now with doubles and lower top speed it is harder to overtake, so going 60 will become annoying and probably will attract some insults (at least). When the top speed was at 150 I didn't notice anyone going 60 on CD, even when doing wot jobs. Probably i was passing them too fast also or they were crashed into and teleported to service. I was barely surviving going 90 on CD :D

 

I think that maybe 1% of the players thought at one time to obey the speed limits and most of them moved on ... fast ... when they realised that they still have like 1200km until the destination.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

usually i don't obey the speed limt. BUT when i drive over the speedlimit it's max 56 mph. and ofcourse when it's safe to do. usually when driving on C-D i follow the flow of traffic. when there is nobody around, usually 50 mph.

 

wich is perfectly safe imo. as long as the person that drives knows how to drive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

People, who can not drive, will not be able to drive, even you force them to go slower, since the speed is just one factor, there is also safe distance, checking mirrors, etc. I saw people going 60km/h weaving across 3 lanes on a highway. There is also another reason, many people use keyboard and the faster you go, the easier it is to steer, the sweet spot starts at around 100km/h. Anything bellow and it looks like you are driving drunk. I can overtake in turns going 130km/h just fine, I also passed C-D route several times without any damage, simply because I gave way to others and braked accordingly. The slower speed means, that overtaking will take much longer and will only cause more accidents, since people can not properly overtake, period, not to mention exits on highways. Driving arcade without a damage is no fun, you are basically driving alone, single player is way better then, and simulation is just not it with the dangerous speed limit, dangerous to me, lol. Also, I go to work, unlike some people obviously, so I do not have time to waste going snake speed. I guess I will give it a rest as well, I never liked ETS anyway, I got 850 hours simply because I liked truckersmp and that is not the case anymore. 1-2 more jobs to hit Level 150 and I am out of here for good. If anything, I am sort of thankful for the rules, they forced me to finally move on, there are many games I wanted to play. Like train simulator, where you also have to follow a single line without overtaking others. :P

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If anything its going to push more people away. I used to play daily on TMP but not anymore i just cant since 68mph on a Long journey is too slow and boring especially in DLC regions where you barely see any people :(

  • Upvote 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it's nice. Before the update, we needed to be aware of fast players (people who goes 120/150 Km/h) overtaking 24/7. So, in those times I prepared fast trucks, when if I was unloaded, I could accelerate to 120 Km/h without problem, just avoid such differences of speed between players. Obviously, if there was a slower truck in front of me, I almost never overtake it (On C-D Road / Country roads), I just slow down and make a mini-convoy xD. Now after the update, I almost don't use those trucks and bought some normal ones. Also I load my trailer / truck more often. Feeling less scary of high loads.

  • Love it! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello @Sange[CHN]

 

I prefere driving fast on my own. Like many other people also do.

I'm not driving 110 all the time. But for example when the road ahead is clear I like to drive faster than 110 km/h.

It may be nice for some people that want to behave like a read trucker does.

But I like driving faster than 110 km/h.

And the argument "It will reduce the number of idiots on the road" is totally weird.

I've seen many idiots on the road since the new update and so many traffic jams, because we all only can drive 110 km/h.

This can be kinda annoying and I do not see the difference.

In my eyes it's just useless.

Kind regards,

LetFresh ^^

 

  • Love it! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Truckerspanda said:

I don't like this update very much because it seems to have been imposed by some irresistible factors. But this is a fixed event and can only be adapted for a time. Although I don't like this update, I still support TMP update!:90:

support TMP:D

3 hours ago, XxB3AsTxX_TMP said:

These changes were well needed! I feel that it's going to bring a lot of people back to MP from Single-player. I'm glad it was finally pushed.

For somebody, it's a good change.

3 hours ago, LionKingGamer said:

If anything its going to push more people away. I used to play daily on TMP but not anymore i just cant since 68mph on a Long journey is too slow and boring especially in DLC regions where you barely see any people :(

It's a pity that you can only recommend an unrestricted server.

8 minutes ago, LetFresh said:

Hello @Sange[CHN]

 

I prefere driving fast on my own. Like many other people also do.

I',m not driving 110 all the time. But for example when the road ahead is clear I like to drive faster than 110 km/h.

It may be nice for some people that want to behave like a read trucker does.

But I like driving faster than 110 km/h.

And the argument "It will reduce the number of idiots on the road" is totally weird.

I've seen many idiots on the road since the new update and so many traffic jams, because we all only can drive 110 km/h.

This can be kinda annoying and I do not see the difference.

In my eyes it's just useless.

Kind regards,

LetFresh ^^

 

Everyone thinks the change is good or bad. It's normal. Have a good game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, XxB3AsTxX_TMP said:

These changes were well needed! I feel that it's going to bring a lot of people back to MP from Single-player. I'm glad it was finally pushed.

 

I have a feeling the opposite will happen. The players that played at eu1 before will leave, as the trolls are now forced into the simulation servers.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I say it again, what it did is put all the trolls on both simulation servers since its the only places they can cause havoc, crashs and damages to other players, its the only reason why both simulation servers are full at this time, the trolls don't care about speed limits, what they want is people to aim for and damage other trucks and trailers to record videos for youtube or to stream, and the worst, people love to watch that which makes them popular on youtube and twitch, which encourage them to never ever follow the road rules of simulation server and cause havoc instead.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This update has just disadvantages for me:

 

1. im in a convoy guiding company (www.convoy-security.de). Now we have much less time to prepare the textmessage.

 

2. i have problems to catch up to my friends, if i had to stop for refueling or doing some support of my vtc

 

3. i get bored on long trips as i usually dont have to brake at all. It even makes me sleepy, which might cause some accidents for me. If i want to drive with all traffic rules, i can take me own car.

 

4. the trolls are still around

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, trixicat said:

 

I have a feeling the opposite will happen. The players that played at eu1 before will leave, as the trolls are now forced into the simulation servers.

A lot of people left because of the people who came on just to troll. This is Euro Truck Simulator. Not Euro Truck Racing.. or EuroTruck Derby..  Therefore it's more appropriate to enforce Simulation on our servers. :)

  • Haha 1
  • True Story 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, XxB3AsTxX_TMP said:

A lot of people left because of the people who came on just to troll. This is Euro Truck Simulator. Not Euro Truck Racing.. or EuroTruck Derby..  Therefore it's more appropriate to enforce Simulation on our servers. :)

 

so whats about eu1 before, nobody was playing there. But we will see what happen ;-)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think they should value our opinions. They cannot just make the decisions based on their own preferences.

I remembered last time, when introducing the /fix feature, initially, they were about the same as now - just made all the decisions by their own.

However, with more and more voice coming out, they made a vote for that eventually.

 

I THINK THEY SHOULD ALWAYS MAKE A VOTE BEFORE MAKING BIG CHANGES.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think this is going in the right direction, i always played on EU2 because there was a lot of people, but I prefered to play "simulation" style (not over 90 km/h, with great respect to rules and truckers).

Now, there will be more people on simulation server, so it's a win for me. Time will tell how all server's population is going to change, and same for the behavior of players.

  • Haha 1
  • True Story 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, XxB3AsTxX_TMP said:

A lot of people left because of the people who came on just to troll. This is Euro Truck Simulator. Not Euro Truck Racing.. or EuroTruck Derby..  Therefore it's more appropriate to enforce Simulation on our servers. :)

Regardless what it is called, you keep forgetting, that it is a game and game is supposed to be fun. No matter, how many rules you apply, what hardware you use (steering wheel, chair, pedals, virtual reality), it will never ever be like real trucking.

 

1 hour ago, [email protected] said:

I remembered last time, when introducing the /fix feature, initially, they were about the same as now - just made all the decisions by their own.

It is great, when people actually have a choice, like I never use /fix, when I get hit, I simply go to the service. I also never teleport, even when I am going to attend a convoy, I drive there myself. Just like the arcade server, people can drive there ignoring red lights, other players, because of no-collision, but I have seen people abiding rules as if it were a simulation, they are trying to make it work. I also try to go around trucks in the service or in companies, when possible, because it makes you feel good, when you manage to park without "hitting" anyone. I tried simulation, but the slow speed makes it dangerous, I got hit several times, because of it. When someone is overtaking me, I stop accelerating, but other people do not do that, so it takes ages. Everyone just hits pedal to the metal, you do not have to slow down at turns, you do not have to calculate, how to approach an intersection, you do not have to check mirrors that often, since everyone is going the same speed, it is way too easy and boring. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TairikuOkami[SK] said:

Just like the arcade server, people can drive there ignoring red lights, other players, because of no-collision, but I have seen people abiding rules as if it were a simulation, they are trying to make it work.

Or maybe they are people who love simulation but are fed up with all reckless/idiots/trolls in Simulation 1, so decided to go into no-collision servers, where they can't be rammed?

 

1 hour ago, TairikuOkami[SK] said:

I tried simulation, but the slow speed makes it dangerous, I got hit several times, because of it.

And hit by whom? By someone who was also trying simulation? Or by someone who was playing like "it's just a game"?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, TairikuOkami[SK] said:

Regardless what it is called, you keep forgetting, that it is a game and game is supposed to be fun. No matter, how many rules you apply, what hardware you use (steering wheel, chair, pedals, virtual reality), it will never ever be like real trucking.

 

4 hours ago, TairikuOkami[SK] said:

I tried simulation, but the slow speed makes it dangerous, I got hit several times, because of it.

 

You mention about how the game should be about fun and speed should be allowed, and then in the very same post, you describe how driving a sensible speed resulted in you being hit, no doubt by someone who was driving too fast; in effect, you're advocating the very behaviour that caused the collision with your truck.

 

I don't understand this mentality from so many people on these forums. You buy a game called Euro Truck Simulator 2, and then complain that TruckersMP is lowering speed limits to realistic levels. Why are you playing a game about trucks, which are inherently slow, and then complaining about having to go slower? It makes literally no sense. It's like complaining that the train you're driving in Train Simulator can't take off and fly to Menorca or something.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

9 hours ago, [email protected] said:

I think they should value our opinions. They cannot just make the decisions based on their own preferences.

I remembered last time, when introducing the /fix feature, initially, they were about the same as now - just made all the decisions by their own.

However, with more and more voice coming out, they made a vote for that eventually.

 

I THINK THEY SHOULD ALWAYS MAKE A VOTE BEFORE MAKING BIG CHANGES.

 

They can entirely since it's their mod and server.  You're not paying to use this, you're not paying for the servers, you're just here to play a free mod.   If you want to play however you want single player exists for you and most of us won't miss you.

 

8 hours ago, TairikuOkami[SK] said:

Regardless what it is called, you keep forgetting, that it is a game and game is supposed to be fun. No matter, how many rules you apply, what hardware you use (steering wheel, chair, pedals, virtual reality), it will never ever be like real trucking.

 

It is great, when people actually have a choice, like I never use /fix, when I get hit, I simply go to the service. I also never teleport, even when I am going to attend a convoy, I drive there myself. Just like the arcade server, people can drive there ignoring red lights, other players, because of no-collision, but I have seen people abiding rules as if it were a simulation, they are trying to make it work. I also try to go around trucks in the service or in companies, when possible, because it makes you feel good, when you manage to park without "hitting" anyone. I tried simulation, but the slow speed makes it dangerous, I got hit several times, because of it. When someone is overtaking me, I stop accelerating, but other people do not do that, so it takes ages. Everyone just hits pedal to the metal, you do not have to slow down at turns, you do not have to calculate, how to approach an intersection, you do not have to check mirrors that often, since everyone is going the same speed, it is way too easy and boring. 

 

Sure it's a game but you're also using a mod created by the TMP team.  If they want their mod to be entirely simulation focused that's their decision.  You can do what you want in single player or you can go learn to program/mod and make your own multiplayer mod.

And honestly I'm trying so hard to not laugh and dismiss your entire post.  Driving slower leads to more accidents?  What it sounds like is you and the other kids haven't figured out how to properly play this game; hopefully with the server and rule changes we can start banning you kids that can't drive.  We could turn TMP into a beautiful place not some toxic-GTA-shithole-wannabe that all these trolls keep trying to make it.

  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

110kmh is 10kmh too slow in my opinion. 120kmh was for me(g27) the perfect average speed. 150kmh was perfect if you go germany-oslo. 110kmh, 90kmh on a 3line wide empty road is pretty boring, thats was also the reason i didnt drove too much on the last server1 simulation mode. Also, like stated before, i think realistic physics would be a much better way to teach the nfs people that you just cant go full throttle 99% of the time. I changed my ini settings long time ago to force "realistic" physics.

And now you go with 90km/h c-d and then suddenly all the 110km/h drivers start to overtake which will now take even longer and by this fact the trolls already adapted their playstyle. They dont switch over to arcade server without collision cause thats their whole point in trolling - crashing and blocking. And trolling is now much easyier by the lower speeds.

 

On the other hand i like the forced slower speed in the citys and of course of the overall speed reduction i now take 90% wot contracts cause it doesnt really matter if i fall asleep by 90kmh or 110kmh :)

 

 

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, DrSmile said:

110kmh is 10kmh too slow in my opinion. 120kmh was for me(g27) the perfect average speed. 150kmh was perfect if you go germany-oslo. 110kmh, 90kmh on a 3line wide empty road is pretty boring, thats was also the reason i didnt drove too much on the last server1 simulation mode. Also, like stated before, i think realistic physics would be a much better way to teach the nfs people that you just cant go full throttle 99% of the time. I changed my ini settings long time ago to force "realistic" physics.

And now you go with 90km/h c-d and then suddenly all the 110km/h drivers start to overtake which will now take even longer and by this fact the trolls already adapted their playstyle. They dont switch over to arcade server without collision cause thats their whole point in trolling - crashing and blocking. And trolling is now much easyier by the lower speeds.

 

On the other hand i like the forced slower speed in the citys and of course of the overall speed reduction i now take 90% wot contracts cause it doesnt really matter if i fall asleep by 90kmh or 110kmh :)

 

 

You're right. Why people used to go 120 km/h? (some of them causing accidents because no braking or overtaking in dangerous zones). Because the game physics allows them, you can see how you can turn at 120 km/h (without heavy load), and the truck won't rollover or loose control. A big potential feature to reduce fast people is the game physics. More realistic driving =less people going 150 km/h because they will crash every second. This has a disadvantage anyways: Some players will keep crashing because no learning of the game physics and I think it will be a bigger problem (more accidents due to control loose / braking issues). So thinking it twice, the speed limits are the best option for now.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...