Chat for each language

Arlin [FR]

Well different chat (channels in a way) would be cool for each language so you have the most popular and then you have a Other category because we dont want too many commands so its still very player and kid friendly to use.

What I also was thinking of maybe a /chat help where you can ask questions in-game to any online admins. (this could be abused I know) well maybe people who do abuse it would get muted for all chats for i don't know a day or more.

In general a great idea +1

The only way I see this doable would be by "inserting" the Discord languages rooms instead of the current chat (and I don't know if this is even possible). With that, anyone would be able to choose their "room" by default and also switch to any others by sending a command. Say you open the game and automatically enter the English channel. You'd just type something like /join Spanish, to switch to the Spanish chat. Another thing that I don't know is if this option would allow for "global" messages from game moderators to be sent to every channels, so nobody missed them because of being in a non-English channel.

EDIT: I just noticed a big flaw to my idea... Players would NEED to have a Discord account... Maybe both systems (current chat and Discord) could co-exist? Current chat as default, Discord specific-language channels as an option?

Edited by FernandoCR [ESP]

• 1 month later...

nice idea because There are players who do not speak English and I am sure they want to talk to other players who understand their language. +1

On 11.1.2018 at 12:50 PM, Arlin [FR] said:
Suggestion Name: Chat for each language
Suggestion Description: I would like to add a chat for each language, with a global chat like the current one !

Any example images: Nope !

Why should it be added?: When you would like to speak with french player (if you are french, for exemple), but you are in Calais/Rotterdam/Duisburg (etc..) and the chat scrolls so fast you can't read the message of someone. If there is a chat for each language it would be more legible !

And it's will be nice for people who don't speak english

Tell me if you are agree or not ;)

I think this would be a good a helpful opinion and a new chance to get new connections or a company to drive with, if it just give a chat for each language (what you choose before) you maybe get no massages in citys where isn't anybody of your country writing. But i maybe think it wouldnt be as hard to put in as somebody's thinking and will maybe come with the opinion to let this filter deactivatet

Edited by musicmann9696

It's a pretty good idea, so the normal chat won't be spammed like before. The only thing still has to be then are the announcements which has to go through all chats.

I would prefer it if you do it with /chat germany for example. Or the system "downloads" the country from the website to you only have to write /chat to change the chat from global to your main language.

All in one: Great idea! +1

Edited by FoneeYT

Steam:  76561198091457586.png                                  TruckersMP: status.png

TruckyApp 1st German-Translator, Media Team and now retired Teammember

• 2 weeks later...

This is a great idea, but you would need to either be able to switch chats or possibly be connected to multiple chats at the same time.

e.g. I would like to have a designated chat for danish people. However, I wouldn't want to give up the English chat (in case people write something near me in English, I would want to read that, too).

So either a way to switch between chats or be connected to two or more chats at once (preferably the latter).

+1 to global chat idea (server wide chat).
On small servers such as Europe 1, a global chat will be interesting.
Of course you can make command like
/chat en, tr, pl
so the user would like to receive english, turkish and polish global chat if he speaks 3 languages.
or just /chat de
for a person who speaks only german.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.