TruckersMP is good. In my opinion to make it more realistic it just needs minor changes about how the bans are being issued.
As I explained below; some situations are punished unfairly.
I will give few examples where admin could ban wrong person:
- Reversing and maneuvering to get out of parking spot on crowded gas stations. (A troll player can easily go behind a reversing truck and block him, and spam his horn while typing on chat rec 511 )
- Speeding while being overtaken (prohibited in real life) (I doubt if an admin would actually ban the guy speeding on right lane but they would ban the overtaker for sure)
- Making convoy but leaving no gap to be overtaken by traffic (prohibited in real life) (and again I doubt if an admin would ban the guy being overtaken for tailgating his convoy buddy but most probably overtaker will get banned which is not realistic at all)
- You have to change your lane because 500 meters later you need to take the exit. You check your mirror and it is fine. You are in middle of 2 lanes and guy comes and rams you from back because he was doing 150km/h and blames you
- You are getting out of gas station, you check your mirror road is clear and guy comes and rams you with 100km/h
- You are on T junction. You have to give way. You look left clear, you look right clear, you move and you got rammed by speeder
And in real life 1 vehicle can be found 100% guilty while the other vehicle has no guilt, that's alright but in most accidents officers find both vehicles guilty with different proportions of fault being shared.
If you come up with a situation where both drivers are equally guilty then either ban both or don't ban at all
But in most cases in truckersMP there is always 1 guy who is guilty while the rest are 100% innocent. Which makes it unrealistic.
Considering truckersMP is run by volunteers, for most players ets 2 is just a game not a simulation game. Expecting such high level of realism would be too much.
Admins are chosen from the community, they don't fall from sky. You won't have an admin who is veteran driver in real life, because he has kids, job and no time for game.
To sum up, TruckersMP is fairly decent. My expectations are high