[SCS Blog] Bella Italia

SCS Blog

We are proud to announce the "Euro Truck Simulator 2: Italia" map expansion. Our ETS2 map design team is working on it with maximum effort, and we are looking forward to bringing you our rendition of beautiful Italy with its rich history and modern industry.

01.jpg

02.jpg

You are most likely aware that the game already contains several cities from northern Italy. These areas of the game world will receive an extra layer of polish to coincide with the DLC release so even players who decide to wait with the purchase of the new DLC will benefit from a partial upgrade of the game map.

Our map designers have fallen in love with the new region right from the research stages - there are so many diverse environments to combine! From tall mountains to the shores of the seas, from manicured farmland to wilder and more arid places, it was clear that we are looking at quite a challenging and demanding task. We tried our best to depict the typical features of Italy from behind the wheel, like roads leading through the Apennines, where tunnels and bridges alternate with scenic vistas and curvy segments, opening the view to distant horizons. The geography and shape of Italy have also led to a relatively high concentration of cities and industries in the new DLC.

03.jpg

04.jpg

If everything goes according to the plan, we expect to release this latest Euro Truck Simulator 2 map expansion towards the end of this year. We hope that you will be as excited about our work as we are, and appreciate our efforts to show Italy for what it is: Bella Italia!

05.jpg

06.jpg
LuIVHRuKduU

View the full article

Hurr durr I'm a bot *beep*

1 hour ago, SCS Blog said:

from manicured farmland to wilder and more arid places

Uhm...

Sicily and Sardinia will be added in the DLC? This means new ferries to take. :)

And I hope the devs will add the potholes and some usage ruined roads, because in Italy are very common! D:

Edited by Alex [ITA]

5632256.png  | ❔ Need help? ❔ | Allowed mods | TMP Rules |  5632256.png      If you liked what I wrote, just click the "Upvote" button! Thank you! ↗↗↗

1275462519_role_VeteranVI(1).png.e3386be

It looks awesome indeed, but I am one of those who think that what the game actually needs is its roots to be polished. That is, changing things coming on the default game such as german roads (which are, and forgive me, way too unrealistic and boring), all those 1-lane junctions, the AI, and of course, remodeling some trucks. MAN TGX is the best example: as soon as you zoom in a bit from the outside of the truck you can see the textures getting blurry, and same goes to Mercedes-Benz MP3. Scania being the community's favourite shouldn't suppose the rest of the brands getting abandoned. Please, you did very, very good with the DAF XF 105 rework one year ago, I get down on my knees and beg you to do the same with some other models.

And yes, I'm aware you've started doing some changes like the flares upgrade, which are a part of the original game. And I apreciate it! I encourage you to keep doing that kind of things. There are so many minor details that, want it or not, make the game very unrealistic. I don't want more DLC's, I want a realistic simulator.

Regards,

Albert.

Usually findable between Western Germany and Denmark.

percent_0

^

@Albert_ That's true, but I think that German/Poland road polishing is a long-term project which it may be already started, but it's a very long job to be done...

I think devs should polish the default roads too btw... :P

5632256.png  | ❔ Need help? ❔ | Allowed mods | TMP Rules |  5632256.png      If you liked what I wrote, just click the "Upvote" button! Thank you! ↗↗↗

1275462519_role_VeteranVI(1).png.e3386be