SCS Blog: Five Years and Counting

Carrythxd

Today marks the fifth anniversary of our blog. Those five years were a very exciting time for us; the success of Euro Truck Simulator 2 has absolutely exceeded our expectations. It would not be possible without the support of our loyal fans, thank you guys and girls!

However, we are still just warming up for bigger things to come!

With the release of the starter edition of American Truck Simulator, we'll finally set our foot on the new continent to attract new fans. We are crossing our fingers for at least moderate success with the game's release - to earn additional resources to keep growing the SCS Software team. We would like to accelerate the pace of development considerably, and I am sure you would appreciate it too.

Meanwhile, work continues on World of Trucks. It may not be visible yet as the website is currently focusing mostly on presenting cool screenshots, but the grand plan for it is to make it a destination providing deep gameplay features for both ETS2 and ATS - features that would not be possible to pull off in the context of our current single-player games ;).

We have made the commitment to continue supporting and expanding the universe of Euro Truck Simulator 2 for many years after its release, and there are many cool features and great new content in development for the game. See below for a glimpse of what is coming soon...

ets2_dlc_cabin_accesories_001.jpg

y1u9Gtd.jpg

Looking forward to see the new accessoiries :D

However, bad news for those who are expecting the economy update soon: "We have made the commitment to continue supporting and expanding the universe of Euro Truck Simulator 2 for many years after its release".

Scar | Retired Legend

You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.

Banned: HELP! - Report a player - Help - Rules - Staff recruitment - Complaints/feedback

However, bad news for those who are expecting the economy update soon: "We have made the commitment to continue supporting and expanding the universe of Euro Truck Simulator 2 for many years after its release".

Yeah i was never expecting then to stop supporting ets 2 so I was never expecting and still not ecoect the economy update to come out.

Can't wait for this dlc to come out bu their is still a dlc that starts with a "T" that needs to come out.

Check out my guides on how to match your truck color to your trailer color and sharing your GPS way points3LQ2PnN.png

bdFwCRb.png

If they guys here would really want it they could implement such stuff even if the game gets updates in the future...

Cabin acessories DLC. Interesting.

But what I've hoped for was a glimpse of what Map DLC will be the next

If they announce a new Map DLC i think that they will not do that before early next year.

I don't like accesories because I like to have my truck clean, but I saw a portable gps, so it will be a must have!

^^ That... Especially for J-spec'ers like me who like "default interior"  or older trucks...

why do we need a useless curtain or a fridge

Tell a fridge useless one more time :P

"Trucking is like love... Only newbies go fast and end up early

"

is that normal in Scania, if it's not, i hope you can turn off the dashboard one

Dude, they are optional accessories, you will place any of them like you modify your truck, they will not come by default or all or nothing... Beside You can turn off your dashboard gps even now , check your keyboard settings.

"Trucking is like love... Only newbies go fast and end up early

"

About the DLC: I like these kinds of SP mods (I don't know, it brings some change when you're driving) but these look... generic I guess?

I don't know, there probably are more and better accessories which they haven't shown. I'll buy the DLC anyway.

pls SCS include dice pls kthxbye

Archived