Where will you drive to, if the C-D road stops existing?

Howdy fellow truckers,

SCS Software continues to revamp and update existing maps.

Their efforts will soon arrive the BeNeLux, which eventually will have an impact on the road between Duisburg and Calais (AKA "C-D road").

I'd like to know, where will you drive to, if the road between Duisburg and Calais stops existing? 🤔

Please leave your comment below.

Thank you! 🙏

• Like 2
  • HaulieThumbsUp 1

I don't think the CD road will be closed, but if it becomes a reality, I think I will drive a truck in the Scandinavian region.🚛💨

• Like 2

1797472539_TMP.webp

---------------------------------------

I don't know if the Duisbur-Calais road is used so actively in real life, but what makes this road so popular among people is that it is a single-lane road. The same type of roads are found in different places on the map. If this road changes completely and loses its former popularity, I think all players should visit the Scandinavian roads.

• Like 3
  • HaulieThumbsUp 1

1 hour ago, [S.PLH]Warrior said:

i don't think it will be completely removed perhaps some intersections will be modified instead making it more smoothly.

In the recent blog about Germany Rework, SCS announced changes to Rhine-Ruhr region, cities of Cologne, Düsseldorf, Dortmund and Duisburg are mentioned and you can read exactly this: "this entire region has been rebuilt from the ground up, which includes the road network"

Yeah, it will not be the end of C-D road ... yet, only the first step.

Because why would they only do some touch up job, after replacing entire regions and countries with new content built form scratch?

However it will take whole lot of time until it's gone completely.

• Like 2
  • True Story 1

Very good question. I don't know where exactly but:

• People will definitely regroup on the same road/area (because that's what people are looking for in TMP: meeting other players) and, within a few days/weeks one will be more and more popular to become the new C-D
  • It won't be anywhere outside the default map (without any DLC) since a lot of players don't have additional maps DLCs. Even if people mentioned Scandinavia areas, I think you can forget it.
  • Forget also UK/Ireland. Most people don't like driving on the left side (some will say "wrong side") of the road 😄

My bet would be a similar single line road close to the old C-D. Sounds boring but I'm afraid it will be the case 😒

And, as for me, I will wait and see. I've not been on TMP for a couple of month (not interested in CD madness and too boring outside). If it turns out that people are more spread I might try joining again the flow.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

In addition to the CD map, there are many places with winding roads and beautiful scenery that are well worth exploring, and it's also a good idea to explore unlocked roads. Call up your friends and share the experience with them.

• Like 1

Kind regards

Yu Jian TMP

My Page  ▍ rules  ▍  tickets   ▍  Submit your report   ▍ Talent acquisition

I do not believe that the C-D route will permanently close, but the intersections, and the surrounding towns will perhaps be modified. There are so many magnificent places, with unique routes like there are on the C-D, it is difficult to cite a precise location but with all the DLC, for my part I will continue to go anywhere on the map

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1797472539_TMP.webp.542b008508f3e29324b9b29eabffd2f6.webp.30dac118f31a8f248f33bc747a0d48d2.webp

Honestly, I would probably drive wherever everyone else chooses to go. I don't like driving in quiet areas of the map because it just feels lonely being the only one around 😂 especially when its just a highway in Germany with not much to see.

If I'm heading away from the populated areas, I like to drive in DLC areas or ProMods as the scenery around there tends to be more interesting imo

• Like 1

Stones8000

spacer.png

status.png

Mostly i stayed away from that C - D Road in a last 2 years i went that road maybe twice and it was a overnight drive in less traffic but always one psycho person shows up screw up your whole drive time.

Even  SCS reworked on that route change tmp will bring it back cause mostly people drive there.

For a new road will be ALP's its more realistic drive.

• Like 1

Hello @blabberbeak,

Thank you for taking the time to write this topic and share it with the community on the forum. 

Regarding your question, I don't think that a road like C-D on TruckersMP, It will not exist in the future. It is a road that is very busy often at many times of the day. However, I think that in case it didn't exist anymore, I would probably travel to every part of Europe because I like to explore the map and new places. 

Even now, there is more to it than just that road. Most people travel there just because it's busier. 

Kind Regards, 

ROMANISTA [ITA] 

• Like 1

1329247034_role_ReportModerator(1).png.9

Greetings!

If such situation were to occur where the CD road did not exist (which doesn't seem very likely), I believe players will start crowding another road and gradually the traffic might shift to another road making it similar to how the current CD road is.

I would rather love driving through the scenic Scandinavian routes, the newly added Balkans as well as the beautiful routes spread across Romania and Bulgaria.

• Like 1

I don't think C-D will go anywhere however if it does everyone will find somewhere new. A few years ago before it was C-d it used to be the Europort. It could sometimes take 2 hours to reach the ferry. There are so many good roads including the one with all the turns on the way to Milano. People will just find a new road that's not too long and within the base game so you don't need dlc to access it. 

• Like 1

With the rework projects that SCS is doing, i still think the road will not disappear forever; with time there will definitely be changes in the overall structure, but i think it will be still there;

To answer your question though; i think i would still drive where it's most populated because that's what i look for when i play on TMP, whether it's the alps or the old Europort popular road 👍

• Like 1

spacer.png _raffaele_ spacer.png