Update to our Game Moderation Strategy

MisterAndeh

• DevOps
6 minutes ago, MartinV90 said:

I also wish there was a way you as a player you could know if a report has been submitted against you (that hasn’t been reviewed yet) let’s just say there was a couple of incidents last week where people said “rec” in the chat that although would be a soft ban you still have to wait a good week possibly two to know if you are getting banned or not. 

I believe we tried that but the results of it were near-entirely negative (though I don't remember the details). It's better to avoid having long delays in the first place, but it might be a long road to get there.

• Upvote 6

7E101F654E54E71C593E6D33440659C42C52854E077EB0271EBF55AC165087AD3403ED880E173A6CA34CB6E529D64E40

Hmm, quite interesting update se probably have waited for.... Hope it will help to make TMP servers better than now. 

I have still same opinion and that's TMP still needs more GM's

Good luck! 💙

Regards, 

RedWolf [CZ] 

RedNub I TruckersMP

(ETS2 - 6,250 hours)

795749874_role_VeteranV(1).png.660f7fd7e1531540532_role_5Patron(4).png.063edcf85

Reporting a player  | Appeal your ban  | Support System  | Recruitment

8 minutes ago, ^3v. said:

I believe we tried that but the results of it were near-entirely negative (though I don't remember the details). It's better to avoid having long delays in the first place, but it might be a long road to get there.

Normally, it wouldn’t matter it just gets very difficult when you are convoy control for multiple places and you don’t want to mark your attendance as being available to help if you could then get banned from something which happened a couple of weeks ago. 

more reports processed in-game and fewer reports on the site it remains to be seen frankly for my part I have reported I don't know how many people through in-game reports and unfortunately most of the time they have not been simply not processed so it's fine to say yes there will be more moderators in play than before well I'm just saying something I want to see that but for the moment it's far from being the case for this which is from the anonymous moderators unfortunately I find that it is unfair because when I make a report I want to know which moderator to handle the report I want to know who I am talking to and not to someone who is behind his screen and who is just going to give me sentences already ready written now and that's when I read another comment and I agree with his point of view when he applies to become a game moderator he suspects that at the end of 'one moment if they come to sanction someone in game and well this person is not going to be happy which is completely normal no one likes to be banned now by applying to become a moderator it falls into the category of saying ah but I am going to ban this person and he will perhaps be happy and perhaps not be happy which can be completely understandable in short in itself I want to see if there will actually be more staff on the game and especially at any time because there are certain hours when there are 0 staff there are 3500 people we see absolutely no one no staff guys blocking the roads galore guys who do anything with their car which overtakes in all directions wanted to change things in the game and well first of all it has to be done by putting back the permanent ban because it's not by putting it back 90 days that will say to yourself ah well go ahead it's good I'll come back in 3 months and I'll do again what I did before so after a while I'll really have to pull my fingers out to be polite I'm not going to say the last word really put change things because now it's catastrophic when I see that I'm being sanctioned with a 3-day ban for just having drifted because of my delivery I think it's a bit abusive, in short I said what I had to say now I'm just waiting to see the changes

Ok.. I love this move ...

We forget that people who report every single thing.. are also trolls 😃😃😃

Thank you TMP 👍💓💓💓

This is a Game  And always will be

The way others take it So seriously makes me wonder...

What are games for????

Even in single player the AI cars and Trucks aren't perfect 

Even the World aint perfect .....

you want TMP to be perfect...

then if it becomes perfect 

Where is the Realism....????

This is a Game...

Stop letting your Blood pressure rise for a Game 

You don't get paid to Play...

If you are in a hurry avoid CD

If you can't control your Temper while gaming avoid CD

If you can't avoid populated areas then stop complaining 

record and report

And no when it's a mistake and when it's a troll..

Try to understand a situation before passing your judgment 

A great update, it's definitely something we've been waiting for, I understand how difficult it is to focus on two things at the same time, it's hard to focus on moderating the game while the site reporting system is skyrocketing with reports. It's the right thing to do in these circumstances.

Previous classification.: imagem%5D

Idiomas: Português e Inglês | Discórdia: _amexz_

Bem-vindo e boa condução! 🚚🚧

While i understand what the team is going through in terms of web reports, there needs to be more in game moderators to deal with the mess that is CD Road. Resources need to go to improving it.

The rec-ban culture has been around since day 1. Only difference is, CD's popularity made it thrive. The only way to get rid of it, is to return the game to its roots. Encourage convoy's. Reward bonuses for those who try. Higher fines for those who treat this like an Arcade Racing Game. More Real OPS.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 5

1 hour ago, MartinV90 said:

I also wish there was a way you as a player you could know if a report has been submitted against you (that hasn’t been reviewed yet) let’s just say there was a couple of incidents last week where people said “rec” in the chat that although would be a soft ban you still have to wait a good week possibly two to know if you are getting banned or not. 

would also be good if you could add any evidence to show it was not your fault before you got banned 

• Upvote 5

I am rather happy with this update! it feels good to know that the report  will be treated more accurately. Because I admit that sometimes some reports  are just useless or without great interest. However I am a little afraid that some report is taken with less interest and therefore that the moderator is more lax towards the behavior of the players . Because some of them really need to understand that they need to stop. Even if it remains small things it remains repetitive sometimes.

Anyway, we can say W update! 

This sounds great. I'm fairly new to the game, and honestly the only thing that has ruined my experience up to this point are seeing self-righteous report happy drivers, flaming people in chat all the time. I don't even know how many times I've seen @(Name) Rec, followed by drama. It even happened to me once; the first time I drove a car, slowed too fast, and didn't expect the car to suddenly shoot out to the left and off of the road. I caused no accidents or traffic, yet still got hit with the REC threat. I apologized and worried that I'd be banned for the rest of the day. It hasn't happened, yet at least. Although if it's true reports can be backed up for weeks, than who knows. 

Frankly I love the small accidents, the occasional pileup as long as not intentional, adds entertainment to an otherwise possibly uneventful experience, and helps break up the monotony. Plus they make for great YouTube content; content that brings in new players, including myself. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, MartinV90 said:

There was such a feature released for a short period of time in the past, but quickly got reverted due to players that started deleting their accounts and doing everything to avoid getting banned. If you follow the rules, you do not have to worry about anything, as most of the time people type "rec ban" even when they are not recording.

• Like 1
  • True Story 2

1 hour ago, RB1988 said:

You click the link to see the uploaded evidence, and a lot of the time it’ll direct to a medal or YouTube site under the username of the moderator who’s applied the ban, that’s also assuming they’ve edited their signature. 

Well, in that case, it's completely up to the Moderator if they want to hide themselves or not. TMP has done the best they can to prevent harassment of staff members, so now the moderators can also do their part e.g. by creating an alt account on Medal.

• True Story 2

Stones8000

spacer.png

status.png

Perhaps we need to arrange a schedule for GMs to ensure that there are GMs on duty in densely populated areas and handling in-game reports at all times.

• Upvote 1

China Chenxi VTC COO --- 中国晨曦俱乐部首席运营官

Chinese  --- English     

*Asia's first TruckersMP official verified VTC*

Our goal is the stars and the sea  

寻求帮助 I 规则 I 中文板块 I 封禁申诉 I 反馈 I 招聘

Guys, just explain in plain text when reports can be made and people will follow. So far I understand that when I get damaged by a recless/mind abcent player and not at fault, I am allowed to send a video report between 30 sec and 1 min.. Also, I have seen that most moderators can't apply the general rule from lack of IRL experience and IRL knowledge. When ProMods is innactive from where do reports mostly come from? Is it not logical to place more in-game moderators on the main server at any time after Rush Hour had began, as we have users from all over the world 27/7?

It will not work. For example, my web report from August 22nd 23:50 UTC (a week and a half ago) has still not been processed. I play TMP every night. Even if I only report a single player every day who completely and absolutely willfully rammed my truck, these 10 reports will obviously not be enough for me. The fact that I do web reports at all is solely due to the fact that ingame reports invariably time out anyway, so you can save yourself filling them out from the start, they are completely pointless.

Up until now I've felt that completing reports is something the game moderation team wants because it helps them remove the worst players from the game (potentially saving themselves a lot of further work because they can't commit any more offenses) . In the meantime, however, one increasingly gets the impression that the submission of reports is something that the team would like to turn off completely because it takes work when I read through how web reports are presented in the first post.

If I had submitted so many "senseless" reports in the past as shown here as "usual" in the opening posting, I would not have been able to submit 20 reports consistently, because then significantly more reports would have been rejected by me and the maximum number of my website reports would have been lowered earlier anyway.

Instead, you now have to accept that you get rammed off the road several times every evening and are allowed to teleport to the workshop - because your own truck is lying on its side again. There are enough car drivers (and yes, mostly they are car drivers) who feel they have to push you out of the way as it seemed like to be their right to drive always and anywhere with 110 km/h or so that they can drive past traffic jams on the hard shoulder or green shoulder to the right, or pull in ahead of you to keep a safe distance (and then lag so that you ram them) - or just drive wrong side towards you when on their side is a traffic jam. We all know these guys.

Because if one were to continue reporting in the way you said it was the case, the 20 reports would have been used up after just driving the Duisburg-Calais route once or twice. In fact, if they had been earlier, I would have submitted a website report every time I found myself in the garage because someone put my truck on its side again.

So now you have to accept it, knowing that the person will not be punished for it and can and may continue to ram people off the street. Or you can calm yourself down, fill out an in-game report and wait 10 minutes for it to time out again as it has in the last years.

So if you don't want your players to continue to be able to report such people, the only way the system could work again would be to add more game moderators to the team - but certainly not to reduce the number of possible reports - because that is ultimately only ensures that the players who do not follow the rules will do so even more in the future, because they know that they have nothing to fear from the in-game reports (and now also the website-reports).

And the few players who even bother with website reports (which are significantly more complex also for the one who did the report - even more work than just an in-game click) - they don't have any more reports available anyway if the processing of each report takes more than a week and a half and you would like to play ETSTMP every day.

• True Story 4

I think TruckersMP is making a big step forward with that change as I also believe that the focus should be shifted more to the in-game report system. The first aim should be that violations are dealt with in a timely manner, preferably right after they happen. The changes introduced here are certainly helpful for that. However, I do think that the biggest focus should be on those who intentionally violate the rules and not those who make simple mistakes. That's why I think that it would be highly beneficial to add a "reporting score" to the in-game report system - the more times a player is reported, the higher it will be shown on the report list of Game Moderators and therefore dealt with first. I have described this idea with its advantages in the following topic and would love to hear your opinion on this: 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

A nice update indeed!
Completely agree with all the points made.
I tend to use the in-game reporting for players I come across clearly doing something wrong (wrong way driving for example), however I either don't have enough context in my recording as I'm only passing by, or ultimately they didn't affect me directly, to warrant a website report.
I generally know it will time out, but it takes a couple of clicks and if seen, a GM will be able to see a lot more of their driving than I did, which would make any punishment fairer.
Hopefully with this new direction of moderation the roads outside of the C-D will become a little more regulated too in real time.

• Like 2