Jump to content

Hot topic #34: Duisburg No Collision Zone


Luna
 Share

Recommended Posts

I quite like the idea, as much as I do love watching all the drivers crash with 5 FPS it is probably for the best and I bet it would help lessen the in-game reports.

Kind Regards,
WarSniperr
TruckersMP
Game Moderator

Report a user | Appeal a BanFeedback System | Support System | Knowledge Base | Event RequestRules | Event Rules | Staff List | Staff Recruitment 
39156329_role_GameModerator1.png.222192e81c4dd95518a0ce0a5c8cdbcf.png

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hello,

 

I tried today the NCZ Duisburg and I don't really agree with the idea.

 

Before this experiment, the biggest jam was at the intersection near the service. Now it is where the no collision zone ends. Basically the jam moved 200 meters further.

Also it's a Simulation server so making a city no collision is not realistic anymore.

 

In my opinion it's the fault of the players who create this chaos because they do not obey the road rules and cause accidents. I think that they should receive some sort of training before playing multiplayer.

Another solution would be to move some of the buildings in the city but it's unsure if it would work.

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, Mircea541real said:

Hello,

 

I tried today the NCZ Duisburg and I don't really agree with the idea.

 

Before this experiment, the biggest jam was at the intersection near the service. Now it is where the no collision zone ends. Basically the jam moved 200 meters further.

Also it's a Simulation server so making a city no collision is not realistic anymore.

 

In my opinion it's the fault of the players who create this chaos because they do not obey the road rules and cause accidents. I think that they should receive some sort of training before playing multiplayer.

Another solution would be to move some of the buildings in the city but it's unsure if it would work.

At least with the NCZ you can just drive through people & actually get into the service area in once peace, traffic still backs up at the fuel stop but its much better than it was! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1. This brings even more poeple to Duisburg since there is less hold-up with the traffic, instead of sending them to another parts of the world.

2. It is simply catering to players who cannot follow traffic rules. NCA makes sense for companies and service stations due to spawn issues, but even fuel stations (despite having sometimes crowding problem) have normally collision enabled.

3. People also fail to mention the problem are people being on priority road / having green light, but going in despite the intersection is blocked. (The simplest rule is to wait, until all trucks that are in your way leave).

4. The staff shoudl consider the pro/contra of lowering the requirements on mods. A suggestion might be easier training, but also harder punishments for false verdicts (power abuse) ?

 

On 2/2/2021 at 12:43 PM, Battlejumper said:

Hello,

my opinion is, since admins are also people and have a private life, of course you can not just put 2 admins somewhere and determine where they have to control. I find the idea with the collision very good, so that no trolls can make a lot of crap or players who play for the first time Euro Trick Sim 2, not immediately banned and punished. Of course there are rules that you have to follow in any case and it would be very useful that new players do not immediately confirm the rules with a check mark, but read them through.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

 

Just don't drive into most crowded area on map if you are "new" player...

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

i

On 1/31/2021 at 5:39 PM, Lasse said:

Thanks to everyone for sharing their opinion! 

 

I would like to reply to some often shared ideas. 

 

Hire more moderators / Organize the GM team better

Our current Game Moderation team is not set up for live moderation. Our goal is to deal with as many reports as possible in a professional way, and not moderate all areas 'live'. 

All staff is working voluntarily and we can't create a 24/7 moderation plan for Duisburg. We would need to do the same for other areas and this can't be a solution.

 

Why Duisburg?

I am assuming that the majority of players driving to Duisburg are aware of the situation there. In my opinion, whoever goes there can't really complain about other drivers as they are part of the problem. 

 

Just remove Duisburg

We don't consider this a solution. As seen in the past, traffic will just move to another area and we have a Duisburg 2.0. The Europoort at Rotterdam used to be a popular place but within months, all this traffic moved to Calais-Duisburg road. With the release of ProMods Europe, a lot of traffic gathered around Kirkenes. Players who want to drive in busy areas will always find these areas - so will trolls.

 

Will Duisburg be no-collision forever?

That is not planned. The current NCZ is implemented on a trial basis. We read your feedback here and on our other social media and will respect it. We are also discussing this internally to find the best option for everyone.

We will probably post a blog post soon with more information. 

It is also possible that SCS Software will rework the entire Duisburg area with the 1.40 update. The open beta will most likely be released soon. 

 

What about more map edits?

Yes, that is an option. However, we can not change much. World of Trucks jobs (External Market) are synchronized with SCS Software's servers. If we edit base game companies, players will be reset to a previously saved location. Therefore, we can only change the existing roads and do changes to the road layout.

Often suggested changes are a one-way system, more traffic lights, better implementation of no-collision area(s), and the removal of the service stations and hotel. 

We will review these concepts. 

 

 

This is it for now. Thank you for reading this and have a nice day.

have been thinking about this for a few days and I have something but the problem is it is possible every option I have bounces on another problem and yes  is it possible for you to close roads?? or make roads run differently

if you want to know more about my idea let me know adrianus-TMP [NLD]#1485 so far this remains an unsolved case

                                                                    Kind regards
                                        adrianus_TMP_[NLD]
                                           
TruckerMP-driver
                        
                                                                          Discord  forum

Link to comment
Share on other sites

one of the issues with Duisburg is that it is small and badly laid out, with the F7 in an awkward place and with the sheer number of accidents on the CD road caused by people quite simply driving in a manner not conducive to the road to simulation, Duisburg gets crowded  Furthermore players all clog up Sim 1, yet we have 2 other sim servers plus the US and SGP servers, so why do they all clog into Sim 1 when all the servers are identical.  If players spread themselves onto other servers rather than crowd themselves onto Sim 1, this may help the situation. 

 

In addition to this make the CD route a no passing zone from Calais, all the way to Duisburg by making the white line an unbroken line all the way along its length, then add new gas stations opposite the existing ones, this will reduce crossing traffic at the gas stations as players will no longer need to.  At the southern end add a set of traffic lights at the interchange complex by Calais like they have on Promods. 

If that fails to work, add a second CD-road running along side the first and make the existing one Southbound only and the new one northbound only, effectively making it an autoroute, this will then mean that if players wish to overtake others then there is no risk of driving into oncoming trafic, (a big issue with the CD road at the moment) so if you reduce the number of accidents then you can make Duisburg quieter.   Elsewhere on the CD road, another choke point is the level crossing, when the barriers are down players seem to think it perfectly acceptable to zoom up to the gate, resulting in accidents and blockages at the crossing so if the devs who created the NCZ could possibly adjust the CD road so rather than going across the railway at grade level, it gets dug down in a trench going under the railway in a tunnel, this will remove that choke point.  Then perhaps at the 1/3rd point and the 2/3rd point put in parking areas with a roundabout then add crash barriers along the sides to prevent players using the grass as a means of overtaking. 
 

If the number of accidents on the CD route can be cut drastically, then Duisburg, Calais and the surrounding cities of Lille and Brussels should quieten down especially around the F7 points, as part of the NCZ problem is people trying to leave in one mass stampede.

 

--

 

3 hours ago, adrianus_TMP_[NLD] said:

 

i

have been thinking about this for a few days and I have something but the problem is it is possible every option I have bounces on another problem and yes  is it possible for you to close roads?? or make roads run differently

if you want to know more about my idea let me know adrianus-TMP [NLD]#1485 so far this remains an unsolved case

This was done last year for April fools, and it caused no end of complaints however i liked the idea, though many players did not

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I really like this idea. Now you can finally go to Duisburg again with being rammed inches from the transport center.

 

I can see from the previous videos posted that the problem has been moved to a further place from the road, however i think this is just matter of time before people gets used to the new NCZ.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don't understand whey people who don't want to get hit won't use the Arcade server? What you are asking for already exist else where and I'm pretty sure we all know how much of a sh*t show it is to drive Calais to Duisburg but that is the fun of the route, the sight of a Volvo just soring through the sky for no reason at all. I think the real issue is cars in a truck game.

As to why players clog servers is because we want to be together, is that not the point of multiplayer? we want to see traffic jams, busy roads, and a pal to follow for a little while. if we were to all spread apart we might as well go offline and disable AI cars. Splitting people apart defeats the point of multiplayer and convoys.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Space Night said:

In addition to this make the CD route a no passing zone from Calais, all the way to Duisburg by making the white line an unbroken line all the way along its length, then add new gas stations opposite the existing ones, this will reduce crossing traffic at the gas stations as players will no longer need to.  At the southern end add a set of traffic lights at the interchange complex by Calais like they have on Promods. 
 

If the number of accidents on the CD route can be cut drastically, then Duisburg, Calais and the surrounding cities of Lille and Brussels should quieten down especially around the F7 points, as part of the NCZ problem is people trying to leave in one mass stampede.

 

 

I really like this idea, and it ties in well with my point about the F7 in Duisburg being the heart of the problem. I can't recall the number of accidents that I've witnessed that have occurred in or near the fuel stations along the route, but it is a very high number. Having gas stations on both sides will not only reduce instances of people having to make a left turn in/out of a Gas Station across the main traffic route, but will also cut down on people entering the gas stations the wrong way and ending up blocking people who are trying to leave them. This may also reduce the report system impact slightly, as I can imagine many reports are made against players ignoring the no entry signs here.

 

A good additional suggestion if gas stations were to be put in on both sides, would be to increase their size from what they are currently. 2 filler pumps can often lead to traffic backing up onto the CD road as people queue up, which increases the risk of a pile up behind or someone flying past on the wrong side of the road. Perhaps the ATS style gas stations with 4/5 lanes could be incorporated here instead?

 

As for the traffic light suggestion, I like that too, as that's another accident blackspot at the moment. Currently if you're trying to exit the A16 at that junction, you usually have to rely on a big gap opening or in many cases, someone nice letting you go in order to proceed. A traffic light with similar timings to the one outside of Duisburg would make the traffic flow nicely, and would also slow traffic out of Calais down for the lane merge shortly afterwards.

 

15 hours ago, Space Night said:

   Elsewhere on the CD road, another choke point is the level crossing, when the barriers are down players seem to think it perfectly acceptable to zoom up to the gate, resulting in accidents and blockages at the crossing so if the devs who created the NCZ could possibly adjust the CD road so rather than going across the railway at grade level, it gets dug down in a trench going under the railway in a tunnel, this will remove that choke point.  Then perhaps at the 1/3rd point and the 2/3rd point put in parking areas with a roundabout then add crash barriers along the sides to prevent players using the grass as a means of overtaking. 
 

 

 

In this case, if it's possible, a more feasible solution would be to just eliminate the AI train that crosses at that road, much like has been done on crossings in newer DLC areas of the map.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

i do and don't like it i do like it because its quicker to get around the city but dont like it because it isnt very realalisic i just think the service station needs to be moved from where it is down a bit from the traffic lights over the bridge it would solve the service station problem with people blocking it because of the traffic lights are very close the the service station

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I get the idea but it sort've hasn't worked because people are just crashing into eachother at the exits of the Non-Collision Zones which in some way makes it worse. I honestly don't know what to do in terms of solving the issue other than banning them players. People should be able to follow simple traffic laws but clearly trollers mainly go to Duisburg just because it's busy.

  • True Story 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have a suggestion that is to mark where the point where NCZ ends. Before this we all know that NCZ ends when we get out of garage/service/goods yard. But now, we can hardly know exactly where ending point is, so lots of accidents may happen. If a line or road sign is set, most drivers will see that and take safe actions. In this way the problem may be solved.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I see there seems to be a lot of negativity in places that get busy. 

 

Personally I enjoy the challenges of having to progress through difficult traffic. Plan my routes around it where possible, but if not - simulation - deal with it. In real life if there is a road I don't like driving, I find an alternative route. If people don't like driving in Duisburg then enjoy the rest of Europe! I think going to Duisburg is the risk you take and you get from it what you like.

 

The NCZ for me looks terrible and just funnels traffic to a pinchpoint further away. If you wanted to change this in the most realistic way, look at making the roads one way. Although I appreciate this makes the F7 challenging to get to it may mean two lanes of traffic can come in (right lane for the F7, left lane for the rest of Duisburg.

 

Z8lwDgQ.png

 

Yes, 100% the issue is the players. The crossroad would flow properly if you prevented players stopping in the middie of the junction and the traffic lights are adhered to. I appreciate this in an ideal world would be policed 24/7 by TMP moderators but of course is not a desireable task nor a feasable one.

  • Upvote 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, JasonO said:

I see there seems to be a lot of negativity in places that get busy. 

 

Personally I enjoy the challenges of having to progress through difficult traffic. Plan my routes around it where possible, but if not - simulation - deal with it. In real life if there is a road I don't like driving, I find an alternative route. If people don't like driving in Duisburg then enjoy the rest of Europe! I think going to Duisburg is the risk you take and you get from it what you like.

 

The NCZ for me looks terrible and just funnels traffic to a pinchpoint further away. If you wanted to change this in the most realistic way, look at making the roads one way. Although I appreciate this makes the F7 challenging to get to it may mean two lanes of traffic can come in (right lane for the F7, left lane for the rest of Duisburg.

 

Z8lwDgQ.png

 

Yes, 100% the issue is the players. The crossroad would flow properly if you prevented players stopping in the middie of the junction and the traffic lights are adhered to. I appreciate this in an ideal world would be policed 24/7 by TMP moderators but of course is not a desireable task nor a feasable one.

 

honestly id take this suggestion right now to remove the NCZ already, I miss duisburg, been driving dusseldorf ever since the change, not as busy but does the job.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, JasonO said:

I see there seems to be a lot of negativity in places that get busy. 

 

Personally I enjoy the challenges of having to progress through difficult traffic. Plan my routes around it where possible, but if not - simulation - deal with it. In real life if there is a road I don't like driving, I find an alternative route. If people don't like driving in Duisburg then enjoy the rest of Europe! I think going to Duisburg is the risk you take and you get from it what you like.

 

The NCZ for me looks terrible and just funnels traffic to a pinchpoint further away. If you wanted to change this in the most realistic way, look at making the roads one way. Although I appreciate this makes the F7 challenging to get to it may mean two lanes of traffic can come in (right lane for the F7, left lane for the rest of Duisburg.

 

Z8lwDgQ.png

 

Yes, 100% the issue is the players. The crossroad would flow properly if you prevented players stopping in the middie of the junction and the traffic lights are adhered to. I appreciate this in an ideal world would be policed 24/7 by TMP moderators but of course is not a desireable task nor a feasable one.

That's a great idea!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/9/2021 at 11:35 AM, JasonO said:

I see there seems to be a lot of negativity in places that get busy. 

 

Personally I enjoy the challenges of having to progress through difficult traffic. Plan my routes around it where possible, but if not - simulation - deal with it. In real life if there is a road I don't like driving, I find an alternative route. If people don't like driving in Duisburg then enjoy the rest of Europe! I think going to Duisburg is the risk you take and you get from it what you like.

 

The NCZ for me looks terrible and just funnels traffic to a pinchpoint further away. If you wanted to change this in the most realistic way, look at making the roads one way. Although I appreciate this makes the F7 challenging to get to it may mean two lanes of traffic can come in (right lane for the F7, left lane for the rest of Duisburg.

 

Z8lwDgQ.png

 

Yes, 100% the issue is the players. The crossroad would flow properly if you prevented players stopping in the middie of the junction and the traffic lights are adhered to. I appreciate this in an ideal world would be policed 24/7 by TMP moderators but of course is not a desireable task nor a feasable one.

 

That's a very good idea on your part :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Luna locked and unfeatured this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.