Jump to content

Hot topic #34: Duisburg No Collision Zone


Luna
 Share

Recommended Posts

I like the idea of a NCZ but it really defeats the object of simulation, if people obeyed simple traffic rules (which a high number of players don’t) and we had more moderators in these areas getting rid of the ‘trolls’ then i think it would be fine without a NCZ

 

And with Duisburg being one of the most F7 points from CD road why not make it so you can’t F7 to Duisburg and instead puts you to the closest city near Duisburg, yeah it might add 100 miles to your journey but I’d rather that then sit in traffic for 30 mins waiting for people to get out the way :D 

  • True Story 1

spacer.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, [VIVA] TruckerWolff said:

if people obeyed simple traffic rules (which a high number of players don’t) and we had more moderators in these areas getting rid of the ‘trolls’ then i think it would be fine without a NCZ

 

"If people obeyed simple traffic rules" is pretty much the root of the problem, isn't it?

 

It could be solved by using server-sided profiles that can not be tweaked, meaning that for example no bank account can be cheated anymore. By that, reckless driving players will soon be left with no money on their account anymore so they have to do jobs to earn money again.

At present, they don't need to worry about running out of money after repairing their trucks worth 300k+, as they can edit their bank account any time.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Joao Rodrigues said:

 

"If people obeyed simple traffic rules" is pretty much the root of the problem, isn't it?

 

It could be solved by using server-sided profiles that can not be tweaked, meaning that for example no bank account can be cheated anymore. By that, reckless driving players will soon be left with no money on their account anymore so they have to do jobs to earn money again.

At present, they don't need to worry about running out of money after repairing their trucks worth 300k+, as they can edit their bank account any time.

Not need to if you just save-scum every 3 minutes or like that. Which also kinda solves the problem with F7 at Dusiburg.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

CD Road is a very tight road which people go down, other than going across on the motorway...

 

Maybe implementing a second lane would surely utilise traffic buildup and also have a overtaking lane, making fuel stops/ truck stops larger for the majority that go down that road would also decrease problems for trucks moving in and out of such areas...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don't think it has worked out properly as people just end up crashing into each other at the end of the NCZ.
The issue has just been moved further up the road.

I don't know how feasible it is but maybe randomising which f7 people go to.  eg split the load between Duisburg, Dusseldorf and Koln.  (I don't believe it could be done via the f7 menu but maybe with a /rep command to TP to a random local repair shop  not a game dev but just throwing a suggestion out there)

alternatively move the F7 out of the city and onto the new 1.40 dual carriageway just outside the city, with slip roads.  the biggest issue currently is that city does not have large enough roads to deal with the shear Volume of traffic by moving it to the dual carriageway, it is moving the traffic to a place which has the infrastructure, and reduces the volume of traffic as people are going to each location for 1 purpose not 2. (delivering load or repairs)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Joao Rodrigues said:

 

"If people obeyed simple traffic rules" is pretty much the root of the problem, isn't it?

 

It could be solved by using server-sided profiles that can not be tweaked, meaning that for example no bank account can be cheated anymore. By that, reckless driving players will soon be left with no money on their account anymore so they have to do jobs to earn money again.

At present, they don't need to worry about running out of money after repairing their trucks worth 300k+, as they can edit their bank account any time.

This fix would make it impossible to run convoys safely.  
(90% of convoys have 1 person make a profile with saves then distribute it to the other CC who press the load button and copy the messages from a document/spreadsheet.  with this fix the only way to run them would be have the CC overtaking the entire convoy (very bad way of running convoys) once they need to move to their next save which take longer is less reliable and runs a high risk of losing control and hitting a player.)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Warhammer9x said:

This fix would make it impossible to run convoys safely.  
(90% of convoys have 1 person make a profile with saves then distribute it to the other CC who press the load button and copy the messages from a document/spreadsheet.  with this fix the only way to run them would be have the CC overtaking the entire convoy (very bad way of running convoys) once they need to move to their next save which take longer is less reliable and runs a high risk of losing control and hitting a player.)

More difficult - yes, impossible - no.

Convoys could be done on a specially assigned server that is not profile-based.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I actually really like this idea, ive played on TMP since 2016 and Duisburg never used to be the hot spot, but over the years there have been many clusters and things of the sort and this makes it so much easier for the flow of traffic so people can get in, and out in a timely fashion without having to worry about blockers, rammers, and trolls on the roadways.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think we just need moderator patrols on Duisburg-Calais to ban crazy drivers. otherwise you can´t handle it. My opinion. There are a lot of drivers who think this is need for speed. If you ask me there should be a total speed limit of 90km/h on all servers. No truck drives 110km/h while delivering orders in reallife. I bet the most accidents happen because overtaking with 110km/h on duisburg-calais.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Czekoloko said:

Also pls assign admins to be in Duisburg 24/7 and not "Moderate whenever you want". I understand it's a volunteer job but if you don't have that much time to spend on it then just step down and come back when you do have free time to moderate the game

 

Do you also understand that the TruckersMP team members have families and friends that they like to spend time with?

Do you also understand that they have jobs to feed their families?

Do you also understand that they have to study to find a job at all?

 

Then you should also understand that a 24/7 assignment is neither realistic nor conducive.

 

Unless you volunteer to spend your free time to apply to become a team member, go through all the necessary trainings and positions to eventually become a game moderator and spend some 24/7 shifts in Duisburg...

 

Show some respect to these guys and be thankful for what you can enjoy for free.

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, Joao Rodrigues said:

 

Do you also understand that the TruckersMP team members have families and friends that they like to spend time with?

Do you also understand that they have jobs to feed their families?

Do you also understand that they have to study to find a job at all?

 

Then you should also understand that a 24/7 assignment is neither realistic nor conducive.

 

Unless you volunteer to spend your free time to apply to become a team member, go through all the necessary trainings and positions to eventually become a game moderator and spend some 24/7 shifts in Duisburg...

 

Show some respect to these guys and be thankful for what you can enjoy for free.

 

Yes i do understand that they have their own Live's and i patriciate that they spend their free time on this game but i just don't see any organization. They way i see it being fixed is just ASK the entire admin team that "Hey we need people during hours X-Y we need 3-4 people per single time frame anybody here that has free time during those time frames please respond" Then you get those 3 people into a small teams and then they in between themselves split the work. The teams would change every week making it disperse the load on the entire ets2mp team. 
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Czekoloko said:

Also pls assign admins to be in Duisburg 24/7 and not "Moderate whenever you want". I understand it's a volunteer job but if you don't have that much time to spend on it then just step down and come back when you do have free time to moderate the game

I kind of agree to this idea. Remove the whole NCZ around Duisburg and make it back the way it was. Then whenever an admin is on, he or she can sit in a marked police car in the city and can enforce order by presence while they can go over reports and such.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I like the idea of having the NCZ in duisburg 

however when you get to the end of duisburg you see people in the wrong lane ECT..

 

you can spend ages trying to get our because people are ramming and blocking where the NCZ ends.

 

From a staff point of view it gives staff more time to be able to look at other reports in game.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/30/2021 at 10:37 AM, Lasse said:

Hello everyone!

 

We received many complaints and suggestions regarding the Duisburg area.

 

As you might have seen already, we made Duisburg city no-collision. 

You can drive through players and nobody can ram you within this zone. 

 

The NCZ was added on a trial basis and might be adjusted or removed in the future.

 

What is your opinion? Do you have other ideas on how we could improve the Duisburg situation?

I think It is a very great decision especialy for all the players that use the service station at Duisburg, but I think it can be apply to the gas station because some players are crashing making chaos at the entrace of the city

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Road Tracker said:

I think It is a very great decision especialy for all the players that use the service station at Duisburg, but I think it can be apply to the gas station because some players are crashing making chaos at the entrace of the city

But then the problem of all the people going out thro 1 small point is only pushed back down the line not fixing anything and it only made it worste because now from 4 NCZ zones that were small and all lead to the main roads it turned into 1 big NCZ everyone is forced to go thro 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If you are planning on removing the ncz from duisburg or adjust it, can you just put some fences in the middle of the road to prevent people from overtaking? I guess that would help, it will slow down traffic probably the same as those speedbumps on the road towards duisburg. And it wil definetly make duisburg slower with traffic, but will probably prevent fast driving, ramming and other matters.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/1/2021 at 1:00 PM, Glare said:

İf there is no NCZ in services or job sites, people can't play MP.

NCZ BUT ONLY IN SERVICES AND JOB SITES

On 2/1/2021 at 3:58 PM, DavidGarside said:

 

He was saying keep the NCZ at services and industries but remove it from the city

Yeah that's i am talking about.   Thanks mate

On 2/1/2021 at 4:05 PM, Glare said:


Ahh, I didn't see it :)

No problem mate

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Luna locked and unfeatured this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.