CB Radio Buttons

SpeedyTMP

Suggestion Name: CB Radio

Suggestion Description: Adding a function to use on steering wheel or  controller.

Why should it be added?: I think it would be alot easier to have the CB button closer to hand when using a steering wheel or controller, as it means taking your hand of your wheel to try and then find the x button on your keyboard, probably giving less chance of crashing or not paying attention to whats in front of you.

• Upvote 17
  • True Story 1

• 1 month later...

The suggestion appears to be good, I think they could put anybody to put the button that wants, independent if it uses: Steering wheel, control or Mouse + Keyboard.

It is very annoying to have to keep pressing the "X" key and as it is something that does not have how to change ends up deflecting attention, especially for those who play with a steering wheel.

+1 

• Upvote 1

Perfect suggestion, could release to add any key and of course, also to the steering wheel. :wub:

~DJFrontier

• Upvote 1

DJFrontier | TruckersMP  - Retired Team Member ||| Languages:  English 🇺🇸  | Portuguese 🇧🇷

|| Rules || Support System || Appeals || Feedback || Realtime Map || Suggestions || Report System

Staff Member since September 11, 2018 to July 19, 2021

• 2 weeks later...
  • Project Manager

Yeah, it’s a good idea. I am also using a steering wheel and yes... it’s really bad to find the X on the keyboard. 

But I think that it’s difficult to implement that into TMP. It would also requires a way to change the hotkeys for other stuff like TAB. 

I am not sure if it’s even possible. 

Appeal your banSubmit feedback | Have a nice day 🧡

While this is still a great idea. I myself have a Logitech G920 and found a "workaround" if you will. If you have a unused button on your wheel, and would like to use it for TMP CB you can do one of two things:

1. Go to your system tray and look for "Logitech Gaming Software" and work your way towards your wheel and assign the button to "X"
    Spoiler

2IQmUeqtTFSpwTFKEYS4AQ.png

uhNJ43BUR06obFFsj2E6SQ.png

2. Use a program such as JoyToKey and remap whatever key to the CB. ( If you choose to use JoyToKey it might require you to run it as an administrator )

But overall yes I agree I think it would be a great addition to be able to do this via game without having to use a 3rd party program.

While this suggestion hasn't had a reply for a while, I do feel like this is needed.

I personally use a G27 and don't have my keyboard anywhere near my wheel, while you can do it via the Logitech Profiler it would be much nicer to have native support for it. I'd also love to see the option for configurable buttons to switch CB channels and to toggle it on and off.

I am totally for this, being able to customise the input key for the CB would be cool. Not sure if i would use it as i don't use CB much and would forget what key I set it to, but i can see a lot of other people would want it.

+1

iHobbit | Report Moderator

"You are entitled to food, clothing, shelter and medical attention. Anything else that you get is a privilege"

~USP Alcatraz

Game Reports <> Ban Appeals  <> Support <> Feedback <> Recruitment <> Game Rules >

• 2 weeks later...