Truck [only] Collissions in Companies

Gorkal1ty

Suggestion Name

Truck [only] Collissions in Companies

Suggestion Description

Enable collissions for trucks [not trailers] in companies.

Why should it be added?

- Having collissions back in trucks will make players wait for each others while parking.

- Keeping trailers as non-collission will make them spawn in companies without causing problems.

OTHERS (Updated after community feedback):

There will be drivers blocking companies entrances:

Those trolls exist anyway. Now, when a blocker stays in the NCZ limit, makes all the trucks who gets out of the company go through them. Then, after activating collissions when the truck gets out the NCZ, the trailer (going through the blocker in that moment) goes flying or under the road and magic happens. This situations can only be reported, the same way as applying this change.

Lots of drivers stay AFK after unloading and block the parking área:

Simple, let´s make trucks with no trailer have a (1 min) AFK time in companies (enough to check your stats), so the area would be clean of drivers only for those loading / unloading, and such trucks would be kicked fast. I hope this is not such hard work for @mwl4.

There´s still chaos in some cities, it´s hard to wait that much:

Some cities should be considered as High Populated Areas so the NCZ should stay as now in those (Amsterdan, Rotterdam, Paris, Hamburg,...)

People spawning in the company will cause fatal crashes:

Trucks should be teleported into NCZ areas, it´s possible and a necessary addon in my opinion for every situation of spawning in mp.

Quick Job Spawning will do the same:

Quick Job Spawning should apply the No Collission to the Truck too. If devs could differ from that kind of spawning, wont be a mayor issue. If they cant... then let´s make a try and see how many accidents are caused.

*Im aware this is a big gameplay change, using some server like EU2 or others to try it while EU1 stays working the same may be the best way.

• Upvote 8

lkRjRkb.png

I like every idea that can bring more realism to the game, so this is +1 from me, but I see it veeeery difficult to implement. I don't know how NCZ work right now, but I think it's made to let some AREAS of the map to be "ghost mode" for everyone inside them. Making that areas "ghost mode" only for trailers can be very tricky (no clue about coding, so I can be wrong). I'd just be happy to see the reduced AFK for trucks once they have completed the delivery. I usually don't even wait for the stats to show, hit the button to get them immediately and get my truck out of the spot ASAP. But there's a lot of people that just sit there, maybe looking at the jobs list to get the next one, maybe using that NCZ time to get a drink, etc. They are not supposed to be a problem, no chance to damage or be damaged by them, but it's annoying, specially when you are one of those that wait in the line until the parking spot is completely free.

• Upvote 1

I like the fact you have taken points from both ncz topics.

The only issue I have is the lack of definition on trailers.

Imo attached trailers should be collision zone, not waiting for a truck to pull out of the area after attachment to attach yours (on a odd angle) should be classified as ramming.

Oh reversing ncz shouldn't be a issue, I've seen a player do it at Ep during dead hours (not to troll, and made them selves collision in ncz, basically they get all the damage, and bounded around), months ago.

I would like to see a server with no collision zone in driver points w/o exclusions but that's not doable currently.

Before anyone says no, might I remind you in a previous topic I've stated in the current state (player base) we need nearly 2 hundred admins to have the likelihood of a admin being online 24/7

http://forum.ets2mp.com/index.php?/topic/22163-admin-timetables-not-updates-to-the-mp-itself/?p=186743

• Upvote 2

Signature removed by a wondering ghost

SUS0M9O.gif

+ 1

Finally we could get something good from that previous post. Brilliant idea, and a great description also, thanks for considering everyone concerns and points of view. You've got my support.

However, the 30 seconds NCZ is questionable. I mean, some people doesn't have high-performance CPUs, and that amount of time may not be enough. I'd increase it to 1 minute, more or less, just in case.

• Upvote 1

-1 Imagine 2-3 trucks trying to park at the same time in one park bay. It wouldnt work. And if you say 'Well they can wait', remember it's ETS2MP everyone is in a rush. Something to your 30sec - 1min non collisions around someone. a) This would be impossible B) Trolls will abuse the fact and just sit AFK there and people will go flying.

Kind Regards,

El1teZombiezHD

[TruckersMP Retired Team Member (Ex-Game Moderator)]

If you are replying to me, please @mention me (@El1teZombiezHD ) or quote my message otherwise I may not respond

If they can't wait, maybe it's time to learn??

But I agree that the 30sec afk can be a bit short. 60 - 75 seconds would be better. We won't die from a little waiting! And I'd love the added level of interaction this would lead to.

• Upvote 2

Dude, this is an internet forum. You can't expect people to read stuff. Jeez.

And we want players who can behave, I'm afraid we can't have what we want :(

"Just remember...if the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off. "

-1 Imagine 2-3 trucks trying to park at the same time in one park bay. It wouldnt work. And if you say 'Well they can wait', remember it's ETS2MP everyone is in a rush. Something to your 30sec - 1min non collisions around someone. a) This would be impossible B) Trolls will abuse the fact and just sit AFK there and people will go flying.

But trolls will always be there... ETS 2 MP is having great progress in that side and report system and time is helping us. There´s a lot less trolls now than months ago, and we cant stand here lacking huge gameplay features because of them, that would make them winners everyway.

And there´s a simple solution: Trolling in Unloading Bay - 7 day Ban (for example, I mean, something really hard). And that´s not being afk by accident in that 1 minute, that´s being moving all around the unloading point for long. An admin comes, and bye. In case someone is in a rush, he will always be able to go SP and finish the job in 2 mins.

• Upvote 1

lkRjRkb.png

I already wait for other players to do their parking, because they cannot see what they are doing and neither can I when two trucks are parking at the same time. However, imagine a driver who just can't park the trailer. I've waited for someone to park his trailer for a very long time. Turning, reversing, driving forward, turning, reversing... In case someone cannot park their trailer within 10 minutes, you will miss the no collisions feature. I also do not want to keep moving my truck every freaking minute while waiting for someone to get their very hard to park trailer inside that lovely white lined box. Last but not least, think about those monstrous ETR convoys. Removing no collisions zones from a place like quarry (a lot used start point) would be a disaster.

My summary: It looks awful when trucks go through each other, but I can hold myself from crying. -1

Ready to go!

^ Im agree with @Ghost, that´s the way I understand... even if I think it will be the other way, that is, the whole world CZ while the NCZs are small pieces exactly edited to be in here and there. So adapting these should be easy, but anyway, we´re talking about Trucks, Trailers, and the only NCZ we´ll be touching are the companies, which would be just removed taking those "Area Detections" to activate or deactivate the collissions in Trailers (same as now with the whole truck)

• Upvote 1

lkRjRkb.png

^

Is that really a problem for such a gameplay change? I mean, we aim for something which changes a lot the way the people will interact in companies, and the reason to deny it is "trailers wont have collissions in companies" being hard to understand? It was easier when there was no collissions in nowhere too... but no one wanted that way, obviously.

Edited by scania970
Removed quotes
  • Upvote 1

lkRjRkb.png

Well i would love realistic parking without the need to drive through other players or other player rushing through you and trying to park

but the fact is when we disable the non collision zone you see flying trailers , because of the spawning

unless the spawning issue can be solved , i don't see it soon to be honest  

• Upvote 2

^^^ You have a point here. Players are too used to NCZ so they don't care about logging off and respawning in them. I do that a lot, when I finish a job, if my truck doesn't need repair and I'm going to do anything else, I'll just move it to a corner in the company grounds and log off. To do this, there should be a solution to the flying trucks issue or a huge announcement so everybody knows about the change.

^and that's excactly why the trailers would still be no collisions in companies, that change that's suggested here, is to make the trucks be a colission object in companies, so that you can't drive trough another truck.

And this change is for companies only,    this is a solution that isn't possible for service places and ports, because of the spawning trucks on f7+enter and travelling with ferries and train...

@TheFlyingDutchman we cant stay here looking for trolls fu** our gameplay. There were much more trolls before and with more admins, an improving report system, and time, we´ve kept them away and there are no so much nowadays. Trolls in companies will be reported for blocking and I told the solution, apply a hard punishment into them, cause it´s clear for any admin when someone is blocking a parking area, it´s not like trying to catch someone ramming others.

^^^ You have a point here. Players are too used to NCZ so they don't care about logging off and respawning in them. I do that a lot, when I finish a job, if my truck doesn't need repair and I'm going to do anything else, I'll just move it to a corner in the company grounds and log off. To do this, there should be a solution to the flying trucks issue or a huge announcement so everybody knows about the change.

True, once we have the solution with spawning trailers in companies, now we have an issue with players spawning (loading the game) in companies. There must be a solution to this... The only one I think of, was long ago suggested and needs more work. Something like loading game only in NCZ areas (not companies). When not being in NCZ, the game would push ALT+F7 automatically.

• Upvote 1

lkRjRkb.png

^ well, as log as you don't park/ log in in the trailer drop off or pick up, you should be safe. It's not worse than loading in at rest areas, or gas stations...... no ncz there either, and that works just fine.....? So, why construct a problem that really isn't one? Atleast not more than the allready exsistig one, that we generally manage to live with...

As you lot probably understand, i'm a fan of this idea

• Upvote 1

I would have to graciously disagree with this idea.  The default map wasn't designed for a multiplayer environment which is why we have this "problem".  The first weeks of the Alpha back in May 2014 saw what I'd consider excessive queues, and some do take 10 minutes to park.  The current solution is the best we can have in order to accomodate lots of players at the same time.

Case in point is that, the building interiors of Elder Scrolls Online is much, much bigger than singple-player Skyrim in order to accomodate plenty of players at once.

^ I played that Alpha and I love how the people use to wait for each other. The biggest queues I saw were about 6 trucks waiting with no problems. It took me about 5 mins waiting. And I have fun. How? Avoiding Rotterdam, Paris, and similars.

About the more crowded areas, you are right. Do you read what I add about "consider huge crowded cities like exceptions"? There you have the solution.

• Upvote 2

lkRjRkb.png

Peronally, I would love to see collisions enabled inside companies. It's annoying when you give others the chance to take their time to drop the load and give them some practice when suddenly some other trucks start dropping their loads.

It looks like people don't have the patience anymore... It's a game, but it's a simulator so most of us like to play realistic.

+1

• Upvote 3

Scar | Retired Legend

You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.

Banned: HELP! - Report a player - Help - Rules - Staff recruitment - Complaints/feedback

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.