Update to our Game Moderation Strategy

MisterAndeh

Was just looking at the stats between Q1 & Q2.

On one side we have 12% more avg daily players & 17% more hours played.

And on the other side we end up with 28% more web reports and 40% more in-game reports!

If I understand the announcement this massive spike of reports is only due to some players who suddenly in a few months have decided to report every single offense or even imaginary ones?!! 🤣

This obviously shows that the situation got worse and more and more players are not following the rules.

The root causes for that? Less severe punishments, bad players coming back from bans faster and less moderation (especially in-game). Well done guys you are on the right road to Destruction Derby!

• True Story 1

That said I would like to add a big genuine thumb up to the dev team who are implementing all these changes. The fact that I don't like many of these changes doesn't mean they are not doing a great job implementing everything 😉

I'm also having high hopes in the auto-kick system for ban evasion. Not sure what real impact it will have but that's a great move!

• Upvote 3

"Equally however, we still intend to deal with those who cause serious issues in-game, that impacts upon players severely, with stringent moderation actions."

In what way stricter penalties? Do you mean the 7 days that everyone is afraid of? Well, for example, if there are 3 weeks for overtaking inside a traffic jam at the level crossing on the c/d route, then I agree, but the ridiculous 7 days is "a soft penalty, not a "hard" one". 🤷‍♂️

• Upvote 7
  • True Story 2

I'm glad to see that what many have said, like me, is being implemented. I also agree that the previous rule change, where the penalties were mitigated, didn't work, so I hope we see more severe penalties again for those who make the game a mess.
It's very difficult to fix something that's already commonplace, so detailed change reports like this will make a difference when players know the reasons behind the changes.

• Upvote 3
  • True Story 1

ResTed.gif

Бронзовый призёр в номинации "Сотрудник поддержки 2016"

Game Moderator Leader of the Year 2019 - #2

TMPForum.png

I've Reported Many Away from CD Road as its dumb to play only there when there's a LARGE MAP to play on.   Some have Blocked me for 10 mins in Spain.     Italy I've had Rammers  wrong way drivers that fly into you.  Reports go on def ears in game due to the Mods only Watch CD road.  NO where else.   Web reports go no where. so what's the point.  I try to drive where there is no one most of the time as its safer due to mods being no where but CD road or driving not giving a damn.  sorry not sorry I have no Faith in the TMP mod teams. many In game Reports. a few Web Reports that nothing gets done, And if I don't see that they are punished for what they did in any means.   just makes me think mods just skip it.   I see what I see. I have been Mods in a few games and I know how it can be overwhelming. if you can't handle it then don't be a mod just so you can have Power over someone.  and unbanning people is just like Putting someone in jail for a really bad crime then just letting them go to be "Nice"  but the victims has to deal with the same issues again and then learns there is no help.   Sure this will be removed or I'll be punished for speaking my mind. o well no loss I have starfield and many other games to play that bring me a lot of joy.

It seems this could be the start of something I was passionate about when I was in the team yet it felt like Management never had any ‘passion’ about changing it theirselves. 

Limiting web reports? Seems like a cowards way out to be quite honest and won’t change the toxic ‘rec ban’ culture in the slightest.

There is only one thing that will change the culture and allow Moderators to focus more on in game rule violations, however I cannot discuss that here. Let’s just say it’s to do with the activity requirements of a Moderator.

Who knows what the future has in store for the Moderation aspect of TruckersMP, but I hope the decisions behind it aren’t made by the people within Management that never log into the game to actually see the reality of what many players experience day in and out.

• Like 7
  • Upvote 5

5 hours ago, ColinShark said:

Maybe instead of trying to deal with the symptoms - being the incredibly high amount of low-quality reports - you should be focusing on the cause - all the players you have unbanned and have run rampant causing more mayhem than before.

If there is no permanent ban for history any more, why should they care? They'll just get unbanned anyway and continue in three months.

Re-introducing perma-bans for history is the only way I can see your report system not being crippled any longer.

THIS!! Removing the 5 Bans within 12 months = a Perm Ban was the wrong direction, If people have managed to get so many Bans they are simply never going to start following the rules TMP set out. 

I am really not surprised the report load is currently high, It does feel like Driver standards are slipping and not just on the CD Road and i strongly feel that is partly down to the weak punishments handed out, I play ETS2 most evenings (Peak Time) and if i am not crashed into i have done well. (Includes days i dont end up near CD)

• Upvote 2
  • True Story 1

So, recently I decided to jump back on TruckersMP and have a great time again, but I noticed that there is a huge shortage of game moderators online specifically. I do feel like when the game is reaching a point of nearly 3k players, there should be more activity.
Yes, I know, we can't see them so they must not exist, but many of my reports are unanswered or are timed out. If we're being honest, recording and then creating a report, I might as well start a live stream and just wait 10 seconds for yet another person ramming or driving recklessly.
My point is, I hope that recruitment for game moderators opens soon because, with the current number of game moderators, you can hardly enforce nearly 3k players. I will be applying to be part of the solution and make it more fun for people who actually drive according to the rules.
But either way, it is a good thing that changes are implemented to give us a better experience.

Yes, I think a solution to this problem would be to hire a bunch of new game moderators to help with the workload.

• Upvote 1

HAHAHAHA

Days ago I was driving along the c-d road, and there was a troll driving slowly and colliding with anyone trying to overtake, when he arrived at the brussels/rotterdam interchange he simply blocked the road and no one could pass, I sent a pm to a moderator traineer, and he just kicked the troll to brussels, 2 minutes later the troll was back and blocked the train crossing using the trailer, i went to send another pm to the moderator and guess what? he had blocked /pm, as he was the only one online at the time, I had to cancel my cargo, return the htc trailer and make a quick trip to amsterdam where he was so I could alert him, the moderator was standing on the side of the road with 3 more vtc mates doing nothing, then he told me that moderators weren't required to be everywhere, threatened to ban me for bad language and told me to record and report on the site.

So i ask the moderation team: will the moderators also change the approach related to in-game reports? will we have more moderators playing at different times to ensure the smooth running of the game for everyone?

personally I think this change is a shame, despite the abuses, the reports made on the site are fundamental and depending on the time, there is not even a moderator online to see the reports.

and finally, my thanks to McNico, Mystere, HandofClash, SpectralProphet, Dylan and RJGAM3R the moderators who always read pms and ban trolls, you are the best.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2
  • HaulieLove 1

Has been three years since I joined TMP Community. First of all, I would like to thank the staff of TMP, especially the GM team, for everything they have done for the safety of our game.

As the article said, the load of the game reporting system is indeed too great, especially on weekends, the server is as high as 3000+, and the Promod server is not yet open [now], but as soon as the holidays come, they will queue up to enter the server, and the CD road is basically Congestion on both roads, yes I believe the TruckersMP community team has been improving this issue, but it's still a popular route, most of the race coverage is on the CD road, and most of it is due to improper overtaking, reckless driving, Yes, game masters spend most of their time on the CD road, but there are still plenty of players who break the rules.

Why is the load on the website always so high, and your report has not been processed for a long time, I often drive on the CD road, and the driving speed will not exceed 90km/h each time, and I often use the game reporting system to feedback some players who violate the rules, But most of the reports in the game will prompt a timeout, which is the real reason for the high load. I remember it was a few years ago. I used the website to submit the report, but the review time is only 3 days at most, and now it has far exceeded this number, and there are still some reports that have not been reviewed. It has been submitted for half a month or so, and some players may report violations Players are just minor issues, so these are the reasons for the high load, these are just some of my personal thoughts

I also do see that TMP has been recruiting game moderators, but once the number of servers exceeds 3000 people, I think there are only four or five moderators in the game to deal with these incidents including reporting. This is a very large project work, and Game moderators come from various countries. Due to time zone problems, most game moderators may not be able to solve the problems in the game at any time, so it may be necessary to accept more moderators, but I can see that the current application threshold is really very high ,

Finally, I would like to thank every Moderator who has contributed to TruckersMP and hope that you can lead TruckersMP to do better and better.

卡车司机-标志-sm.png

20 hours ago, Diatsu said:

This sounds great. I'm fairly new to the game, and honestly the only thing that has ruined my experience up to this point are seeing self-righteous report happy drivers, flaming people in chat all the time. I don't even know how many times I've seen @(Name) Rec, followed by drama. It even happened to me once; the first time I drove a car, slowed too fast, and didn't expect the car to suddenly shoot out to the left and off of the road. I caused no accidents or traffic, yet still got hit with the REC threat. I apologized and worried that I'd be banned for the rest of the day. It hasn't happened, yet at least. Although if it's true reports can be backed up for weeks, than who knows. 

Frankly I love the small accidents, the occasional pileup as long as not intentional, adds entertainment to an otherwise possibly uneventful experience, and helps break up the monotony. Plus they make for great YouTube content; content that brings in new players, including myself. 

Now this is what am talking about 

Someone who understands 👍

Love your write up Bro 👍