bonafide

Allow AI models to be used

For example:  Changing "detail_model: "/vehicle/truck/skoda_superb/car.pmd"" to "detail_model: "/vehicle/ai/lancer_x/ai.pmd"".

Suggestion Name:  Allow AI models to be used on Skoda.

Suggestion Description: Basically allowing players to change the Skoda's chassis models, lods and collisions(and shadows) to that of an AI car's chassis. How this can be done besides save editing is having different chassis in the shop under AI cars and have every ai car model available for player's to use.

Any example images: tbjjT4m.jpg

Why should it be added?: Allows for more variety for types of cars to use, some of the AI cars also have police and scout versions which can be useful for admins and CC.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 17

This is a truck simulation game. It's not a car game. Why does everyone interested in a car want a difference? Would it be better if the new model trucks were added instead , the maps were uptadet and the new model trailer came in? @bonafide

On 5/14/2018 at 7:22 PM, -AV- said:

This is a truck simulation game. It's not a car game. Why does everyone interested in a car want a difference? Would it be better if the new model trucks were added instead , the maps were uptadet and the new model trailer came in? @bonafide

The thing is, you're not adding new models. It's just literally allowing different AI car models which are already in the game to be used on the scout car

+1 from me!

I like the idea of having variety to the cars. Would make it more interesting while driving around I guess? :D

+1 From me, other than requiring each model be tested to make sure nobody has any issues with crashing, then I don't see why this couldn't be allowed. Of course, they would have to spend a fair bit of time doing all this.

They're too low resolution and very low quality 3D models with no interiors.

It would ruin the aesthetic of the game.

This is honestly a great idea! I think this would bring a lot more players to truckersmp! Having more options is better than one car and like 12 other truck models. More the better :)