Add notifications for the lighting.

I personally like the idea myself. I always drive with my lights on when I drive a truck, even in real life. 1) it lets other people know your coming, 2) whatever the weather condition is, you can see the vehicle from ALL sides. and finally 3) driving with your lights on all the time will help at night in cities and sometimes you might have to use your high beams in certain areas. 

That being said, the text of "please turn your lights on" reminder should be enabled or installed in the next update, as indicated in the sample picture above, only on those trucks who do not have their lights on at an increment set by the developers. I do not agree, however, to the "every hour" reminder. To the person mentioning that request, which hour are you referring to? Game time hour or Real time hour? If game time hour, your looking at approximately every 5-10 minutes in real life. However, I do see the point of that. If the suggestion could be to have the increment every 2-3 min real time, it would give the player more of a notice and they might catch on a bit quicker. I can see both the pros and cons of this. 

Personally, I would rather see the player with headlights on, than one without one. This reminder is a good idea. Some of the downsides of people not doing it, besides forgetting, is others will run into them or cause damage to each others loads, their trucks or be totaled, (have to F7), which also costs lots of money to fix. Especially the low level players just getting in the hang of things.

My over all opinion in this matter is, I would love to see some thing of this nature in the game to encourage the players to turn their headlights on. In real life, You get stopped by the police if you don't have them on. You get a ticket, and have to go to court some times. 

To The Admins and Developers:: (with the exclusion of some admins who already responded)

Please consider carefully on this decision. Lots of accidents can be avoided if people would just turn on their lights at night. With a bit of a reminder, this can be alleviated.

Thank you. 

Tianes

ATS2MP

• 2 weeks later...

I always have mine turned on most of the time, not a problem for me. But it's so annoying to see someone with no lights at all when it's clearly getting dark in ATS and ETS2 (without winter mod). Usually I give a warning when someone is in a city, because someone might not realize it. Some others don't realize that having parking lights or beacons only is still ghost driving, and it's even more annoying when a car do it.

Nonetheless, this warning should be given when it's 7 PM and when someone spawns between 7 PM and 7 AM.

KkdaC1b.png

• 4 weeks later...
15 hours ago, DTML said:

UP.

There will be any comments from the community managers or media? Accepted or No?

Unless it gets moved to Accepted or Rejected, nothing has been done for it.

As for the suggestion itself, it may be something that can be implemented further down the track but I don't see it coming anytime soon. You as players should know when it is time to put your lights on and when it is safe to turn them off, a message shouldn't be needed.

• Upvote 2

Well a notification could help players to turn their lights in time, but imagine if in real life we had light notification it would be strange. However, the suggestion is not bad.

How to Report   Supported Mods   Launcher Error Solutions   Rules  Ban Appeal   Contact Support

In case there is a problem where I can help, feel free to contact me by PM.

• 2 weeks later...

+1 great idea. It'll save the admins reminding everyone. They can maybe have a automatic message in the chat in the time period when they are meant to be on and automatically disables outside the time frame.

Also, a message can show up as you log in the game as well

• Upvote 2

Kind Regards,

StreamingAussie - Veteran Driver III

Driver for Courtz Carriers (April 24 2019)

TruckersMP   l   Steam   l   Twitch  l  World of Trucks

76561198340005094.png

• 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...

-1 useless.
First thing you do after fastening your belt is turning your lights on once you have engine running of course. It's your responsiblity if you don't turn it on. Same way you cannot argue with police if he sees you driving lights off. You will pay the fine.

If you forget it. Just make it a habbit. Engine on, light on.

Edited by O?uz C.

I am sure this was implemented a few years ago, that gave you a warning if you didn't turn them on? I do think it is a good idea to bring more awareness, and let's not forget there are people here that are not old enough to drive in real life yet so we need to be fair in this case. Glad to see managers support the idea.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.