Make Road Spawning A Rule

_Pingu_

I support this. Should be pretty easy to record and get banned for. It's a completely avoidable nuisance, especially when it takes at most a minute to get through a queue. +1.

Another one of our admins created a discussion on this topic that got quite lengthy. Coming from an admin, I think it should be a rule. Whenever I have to logout of a game, I always find a shoulder or a rest stop. If my game crashes, I go to single player and do the same before reconnecting. It's not hard and it's done out of respect to other players. :)

• Upvote 8

5ekjGCj.png

Intel i7 7700k│ASUS ROG Maximus IX Hero│G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 16GB 3000MHz │EVGA GTX 1080 FTW│EVGA SuperNOVA 850W P2│Samsung 970 EVO 1TB NVMe M.2/Samsung 850 EVO 500GB│Corsair H100i v2│Corsair iCUE 465x RGB

Audio Technica AD700's│Beyerdymanic DT770's 80Ω│Corsair Strafe RGB Blues│Logitech G502 Spectrum│Alienware AW3420DW

I'd support this if we could eliminate the one flaw: Game crashes (And then people not going into single player to move out the way)

Otherwise ban appeals would contain "Sorry, my game crashed" when they did purposely load in the road. I've forgotten to go into single player after a game crash quite a few times (And got rather lucky a couple of times)

@heyhococo yes, i understand but of course if the game crashed in a high populated area such as duisburg, rotterdam, europoort there is no excuse, the player knows that there is a lot of people around , so all he has to do is move himself off the road in sp and load back in MP and then there is the case of autosaves which occur after purchases,deliveries and F7. Like @JeffSFC said its not difficult to move to one side to load back in. Furthermore i have been affected by players loading in on the road and its incredibly frustrating when you hit one of these careless players.  

signbot (1).gif

i support this it would also eliminate the desync issues that people get away with on numerous occasions because they spawn fly down the highway and sync into game causing their vehicle to go threw yours and getting damage

TruckerPilot

Report a player Rules - Staff recruitment - Feedback - Help - Bug Report - Suggestions

18 hours ago, Mr_Pingu said:

@heyhococo yes, i understand but of course if the game crashed in a high populated area such as duisburg, rotterdam, europoort there is no excuse, the player knows that there is a lot of people around , so all he has to do is move himself off the road in sp and load back in MP and then there is the case of autosaves which occur after purchases,deliveries and F7. Like @JeffSFC said its not difficult to move to one side to load back in. Furthermore i have been affected by players loading in on the road and its incredibly frustrating when you hit one of these careless players.  

@Kravaty

signbot (1).gif

+1

One easy method, as opposed to having to go into singleplayer then reload back into multiplayer should be a little box on the login screen or launcher that you tick if you want to delay the time it takes for you to connect by like 20 seconds. That way, you join, load in but there's a 20 second period that allows you time to move onto the side of the road. Similar to how it is when you join and it's full.

Like this for example:

02e67c79b34701d646a5f3ef4c13224b.png 

Edited by Miles!

?q=76561198010396994&theme=Default

Do you know, I honestly thought this was a rule already :o (off to go re-read them after this).

+1 A rule which is certainly required!

Alternate to users doing this already (assuming to save damaged trailers/trucks), they could load into SP mode and then save. Then load back into the server and reconnect :)

Edited by [GB]pete_agreatguy

Report a player  |  Appeal a ban  |  Forum Rules  |  In-game Rules  |  Supported MODs  |  MP Launcher Error Solutions

Search TruckersMP Support for help or submit your own support ticket if forum members cannot successfully resolve your issue(s).

"Tea, coffee, pictures are all optional but not forgetting the trailer is mandatory "

My World of Trucks account - visit to learn about my multi and single player profiles.

76561198116137604.png

A big +1 from me. It's really need, but I don't think this would be made :( I'm tried even write to feedback but received a negative answer. Well, maybe if more people will support that idea, they'll change their mind.

In the Russian discussion there are many video. As long as there are people which are also spawned on road - we will not move from their seats.

I'll show you another case: you would like to leave the event because of this?

Spoiler

ResTed.gif

Бронзовый призёр в номинации "Сотрудник поддержки 2016"

Game Moderator Leader of the Year 2019 - #2

TMPForum.png

Im 50/50. Occasionally I will get a crash and hop back into MP. The developers should already have at file setup that will ghost someone who spawns in thats not in a city for say 30 seconds (exaggerated), but keep them ghosted if they dont move and kick if they dont move after 60 seconds. I only play ATS, ETS is a clustersucks everywhere if I end up respawning on the road for whatever reason. My opinion is it should be the developers duty to make sure other players joining do not effect the other players currently playing, the players reconnecting from a game crash shouldn't be banned but instead should be ghosted. S**t, I would code it to ghost them till they are up to a certain speed and have moved a certain distance too...

Staff aren't gonna like it when they get a cash flow of ban appeals from all the people getting banned for spawning in the road.

(*edit* This should be in the ETS2 suggestion section, why hasn't it been moved yet? Ca$h me ouside how bow dah?)

Edited by SubVerse

1 hour ago, SubVerse said:

Occasionally I will get a crash and hop back into MP.

What prevents you from running SP, make sure that you in a safe place and only then run MP?

1 hour ago, SubVerse said:

My opinion is it should be the developers duty to make sure other players joining do not effect the other players currently playing

Yes, it should. But we can wait it for years without any guarantees it could be done...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.