Highway Police

Charlotte050

Suggestion Name: Highway Police
Suggestion Description: New group of police admins that going to patrol on the highway most likely East Europe. How does it work? 4 police admins are patrolling the highway if they see a rammer and he goes away with it they go after him. Then the Police surround him and give him kick/bann. 

Any example images: no

Why should it be added?: Mostly the Admins are in West-Europe  what they forgot is that there are trolls in East-Europe and on the highways too. + it would be cool to see some Police chases :)  maybe Scandinavia too. And off course less work stress for the already operating admins.

• Upvote 1

Nice idea @Euro Trucker 2017 but:

1. A highway chase is against TMP rules
  2. There are coming a lot of reports in and admins don't have time to chase sb that they kick him.
  3. Lot of players may will break the rules the get a highway chase.

So I don`t think this will be real in TMP.

Regards,

Predator

Edited by [LKW Tr.] Predator [LET]

I don't know what you think this is, but its not GTA nor Forza.

Waste of Admin time, and useless against rammers etc... and overall a waste of resources. Admins could be doing reports, ban appeals, and yet you would prefer a car chase down the highway?

Not supporting this suggestion, -1.

Aestrial | Former Game and Community Manager

Are you banned?Report a player - Help - Global rules - Staff recruitment - Complaints/feedback

No existe gran talento sin gran voluntad.

First off, 4 people are not going to cover thousands of miles of road.

secondly, those 4 people are volunteers meaning they can also have other real world obligations that come first.

thirdly, any type of chasing is against the rules and can endanger other road users.

fourth, having people chase can lead to mistaken identity and false banning.

fifth. There is a reason why we have a report system, so that if admins are unable to physically see a trolls actions, it's our obligation as members of the community to record and report rule breakers to the admins.

sixth, unless more admins are put online, then problem areas that require constant monitoring can potentially go unwatched meaning these areas will grind to a halt, take Europoort, if you leave it unmonitored, eventually you'll get the old days happen again where trolls block the road and dumb drivers decide to overtake and choke the road for hours, real time hours..

so no, this is not a good idea, especially as admins have free cam and teleport meaning they can be parked up at EP or Rotterdam, but be looking much further away. 

• 2 weeks later...

If you read this, read all of it.

I've seen the administration team hard at work. When available, they are amazing at what they do. People dare not act out when they know of their presence. As an administrator of Arma Roleplay for almost 7 years, I also know that Admins can't be everywhere all the time. This idea seems to have three different prongs to it. The want for extra coverage (good), the want for some ground level traffic roleplay/control/enforcement/etc (meh), and an urge to combine this game with GTA (bad).

Psychologically, Grand Theft Auto is an extremely successful game because of its player-centered design. There's a reason Rockstar sold more than a billion dollars of just their most recent title in the series. Everything in GTA benefits the player. The player always wins. Even when the player loses, he wins, because the game is centered around his experience and nobody else. Every random event, police chase, minor detail, shootout, or traffic jam is meant to effect the way he or she feels when playing. This is partially the reason for the extreme frustration people experience when playing random lobbies in GTA Online. You take one person, used to always winning, and put them with 30 other people used to the same thing. The same effect may be seen when taking players who only play campaigns of Call of Duty, where the player always wins, and throwing them into a multiplayer deathmatch where they end up being the worst. My point of this first paragraph is that bringing the GTA style chase mechanic, cops vs robbers (or in this case, truckers), mentality will be harmful at best. With this being said, I took this opportunity to expand the idea, remove some specifics, and look at the broad idea. ETS2 and ATS are designed to be simulations of driving a truck through Europe and America respectively. TruckersMP replaces the perfect AI drivers of said games with other real drivers from around the world. When you take a simulation game and add multiplayer to it, you create an environment primed for roleplay, salt, etc. 

At the time of me writing this, TruckersMP has 10 Servers which operate 24 Hours a Day, 365 Days a year, and when maxed out, can support 17,724 Players. The TruckersMP staff team consists of 45 Administrators, 18 Moderators, 34 Support Personnel, and several managers/leaders (excluding development/media team). If one administrator were to be online on one server 24 hours a day all year that would take a total of 8,760 man-hours a year (meaning each admin would spend 8.1 days per year online (1day = full 24hrs). If one administrator were to be online on every server 24 hours a day all year that would take 87,600 man-hours a year (meaning each admin would spend 81 days per year online (1day = full 24hrs). This does not include the man-hours needed by the moderator and support team to moderate the forums. It is also commonly known that administrators are flooded when online during peak hours, they are often stalked by players and teleport to reports repeatedly. When not attending to reports, they provide overwatch for the most congested areas of Europe and kick/ban obvious violations to keep traffic flowing. Taking these statistics into consideration, one must also realize, that staffing is not consistent. Meaning that because of time zones, real life obligations, other games, etc, staff will often be away all at once, or online in groups of several admins during peak times. 

In regards to a 'highway patrol,' I will discuss Who/What/When/Where/How/Why.

Who - Arguably, the most important question, who will be granted the rights to become a highway-patrolman/woman. Will it be restricted to staff, in which case the main point of "increased coverage" is lost, or will it be open to lower staff and volunteers who only operate when necessary (see "when") but must first undergo a formal certification, etc.

What - Are we replacing administration or are we adding a second form of roleplay to this expansive driving simulation. If people want to replace or supplement staff enforcement by becoming secondary admins, then it's time to apply for staff. If people want to add roleplay to the game by responding to incidents and creating a ground level incident response/control team, then it may be a bit more fun. If an accident occurs and patrols are able to establish scene control to prevent further collision, then the job is done. Responding to incidents, clearing traffic, helping players find their way, recovery from incidents, etc. is what I'd see this team in charge of. A supplement to administration may be possible if necessary; but primarily, they'd be responsible for traffic control (at incidents or very busy areas if necessary) and incident cleanup from traffic jams etc.. All while administrators focus more on trolling, blocking, and other high level game breaking incidents. 

When -  Working when staff is unavailable would likely be most beneficial for the server to keep order without having a vigilante police force at the same time. A balance can be found between a roleplay highway patrol and vigilante police force to ensure that this does not cross administration. 

Where - Higher congested areas and areas prone to traffic accidents (plenty of hotspots). 

How - These patrolmen/women would likely only ever operate in high traffic / high incident conditions on the peak servers (eg. Europe 2). Their operations would likely require a teamspeak channel or discord just for communication and assistance requests between patrols. They can likely quickly respond to incidents using fast-travel, garages, and receiving text reports in game similar to administration reports by allowing people to request highway patrol presence to a location by providing a quick text report. They'd then respond and likely deal with traffic clearing and confusion of drivers who don't know when it's their turn to move in a congested situation. 

Why - It is up to the playerbase and administration to justify this addition. Do we want more roleplay in a roleplay game. Do we want no/some/all incidents or traffic events to be roleplayed out and have some sort of interaction among players. Would we rather stay in a free-for-all method of every-man-for-himself in traffic. 

This was a mild thought that needs a lot of consideration and understanding.

Don't replace an admin or do his/her job.

Don't chase people or act like a cop from GTA. 

Sometimes encourage safer driving by getting people to calm down on the roads.

Always encourage better and MORE roleplay among players (including roleplaying incidents such as traffic jams and collisions, which may actually result in a calmer and more peaceful resolve, as opposed to honking and using the shoulder to pass).

I often see myself and other vehicle drivers simply roaming the streets and highways of busy Europe 2, waiting for something to happen, only to sit on the side of the road and watch as it unfolds, then move on afterwards. 

I'll proofread later....

Edited by Detective Adachi
  • Upvote 1

909352999_role_RetiredTeamMember.png.778

1753152791_role_ReportModerator.png.19771713344466_role_GameModerator.png.6d5d141071312553_role_GameModeratorLeader.png.927432954_role_HumanResources.png.9c8e45

7 minutes ago, Euro Trucker 2017 said:

U know the secret is that I want to become an admin I asked to some staff but they didn't respond and I know what I need to become but if no one responds i'll Say it

First of all, Dont ask for it and you need go trough moderator and  you need wait for you to be choosen for admin  if you deserve it and You need wait for recruitment to open :)

I don't agree with the idea, but I agree with the thought. More visible police on the roads could make for better driving. No, Digi7al and Attached it is not GTA... and a weird comparison by the way. But it is a simulation as many point out all the way. And in the real world we have police present on the road as well.

The trolls that are going to drive reckless just go get the police to follow them, they are going to drive reckless anyways. But having police present on the roads could make other better players be aware of their speed and driving.

It's like in the real world. Police make their presence known by patrolling in their police cars. So don't encourage chases, but patrol the streets a lot more than what is done today. Keyword simulation.

• Upvote 1

On 28/12/2016 at 9:50 PM, Detective Adachi said:

If you read this, read all of it.

I've seen the administration team hard at work. When available, they are amazing at what they do. People dare not act out when they know of their presence. As an administrator of Arma Roleplay for almost 7 years, I also know that Admins can't be everywhere all the time. This idea seems to have three different prongs to it. The want for extra coverage (good), the want for some ground level traffic roleplay/control/enforcement/etc (meh), and an urge to combine this game with GTA (bad).

Psychologically, Grand Theft Auto is an extremely successful game because of its player-centered design. There's a reason Rockstar sold more than a billion dollars of just their most recent title in the series. Everything in GTA benefits the player. The player always wins. Even when the player loses, he wins, because the game is centered around his experience and nobody else. Every random event, police chase, minor detail, shootout, or traffic jam is meant to effect the way he or she feels when playing. This is partially the reason for the extreme frustration people experience when playing random lobbies in GTA Online. You take one person, used to always winning, and put them with 30 other people used to the same thing. The same effect may be seen when taking players who only play campaigns of Call of Duty, where the player always wins, and throwing them into a multiplayer deathmatch where they end up being the worst. My point of this first paragraph is that bringing the GTA style chase mechanic, cops vs robbers (or in this case, truckers), mentality will be harmful at best. With this being said, I took this opportunity to expand the idea, remove some specifics, and look at the broad idea. ETS2 and ATS are designed to be simulations of driving a truck through Europe and America respectively. TruckersMP replaces the perfect AI drivers of said games with other real drivers from around the world. When you take a simulation game and add multiplayer to it, you create an environment primed for roleplay, salt, etc. 

At the time of me writing this, TruckersMP has 10 Servers which operate 24 Hours a Day, 365 Days a year, and when maxed out, can support 17,724 Players. The TruckersMP staff team consists of 45 Administrators, 18 Moderators, 34 Support Personnel, and several managers/leaders (excluding development/media team). If one administrator were to be online on one server 24 hours a day all year that would take a total of 8,760 man-hours a year (meaning each admin would spend 8.1 days per year online (1day = full 24hrs). If one administrator were to be online on every server 24 hours a day all year that would take 87,600 man-hours a year (meaning each admin would spend 81 days per year online (1day = full 24hrs). This does not include the man-hours needed by the moderator and support team to moderate the forums. It is also commonly known that administrators are flooded when online during peak hours, they are often stalked by players and teleport to reports repeatedly. When not attending to reports, they provide overwatch for the most congested areas of Europe and kick/ban obvious violations to keep traffic flowing. Taking these statistics into consideration, one must also realize, that staffing is not consistent. Meaning that because of time zones, real life obligations, other games, etc, staff will often be away all at once, or online in groups of several admins during peak times. 

In regards to a 'highway patrol,' I will discuss Who/What/When/Where/How/Why.

Who - Arguably, the most important question, who will be granted the rights to become a highway-patrolman/woman. Will it be restricted to staff, in which case the main point of "increased coverage" is lost, or will it be open to lower staff and volunteers who only operate when necessary (see "when") but must first undergo a formal certification, etc.

What - Are we replacing administration or are we adding a second form of roleplay to this expansive driving simulation. If people want to replace or supplement staff enforcement by becoming secondary admins, then it's time to apply for staff. If people want to add roleplay to the game by responding to incidents and creating a ground level incident response/control team, then it may be a bit more fun. If an accident occurs and patrols are able to establish scene control to prevent further collision, then the job is done. Responding to incidents, clearing traffic, helping players find their way, recovery from incidents, etc. is what I'd see this team in charge of. A supplement to administration may be possible if necessary; but primarily, they'd be responsible for traffic control (at incidents or very busy areas if necessary) and incident cleanup from traffic jams etc.. All while administrators focus more on trolling, blocking, and other high level game breaking incidents. 

When -  Working when staff is unavailable would likely be most beneficial for the server to keep order without having a vigilante police force at the same time. A balance can be found between a roleplay highway patrol and vigilante police force to ensure that this does not cross administration. 

Where - Higher congested areas and areas prone to traffic accidents (plenty of hotspots). 

How - These patrolmen/women would likely only ever operate in high traffic / high incident conditions on the peak servers (eg. Europe 2). Their operations would likely require a teamspeak channel or discord just for communication and assistance requests between patrols. They can likely quickly respond to incidents using fast-travel, garages, and receiving text reports in game similar to administration reports by allowing people to request highway patrol presence to a location by providing a quick text report. They'd then respond and likely deal with traffic clearing and confusion of drivers who don't know when it's their turn to move in a congested situation. 

Why - It is up to the playerbase and administration to justify this addition. Do we want more roleplay in a roleplay game. Do we want no/some/all incidents or traffic events to be roleplayed out and have some sort of interaction among players. Would we rather stay in a free-for-all method of every-man-for-himself in traffic. 

This was a mild thought that needs a lot of consideration and understanding.

Don't replace an admin or do his/her job.

Don't chase people or act like a cop from GTA. 

Sometimes encourage safer driving by getting people to calm down on the roads.

Always encourage better and MORE roleplay among players (including roleplaying incidents such as traffic jams and collisions, which may actually result in a calmer and more peaceful resolve, as opposed to honking and using the shoulder to pass).

I often see myself and other vehicle drivers simply roaming the streets and highways of busy Europe 2, waiting for something to happen, only to sit on the side of the road and watch as it unfolds, then move on afterwards. 

I'll proofread later....

umm im not going to read that but thumbs up for copy and paste or even better writing it yourself GG

TruckerTom-Waternark.png.bf9878df7361cc6e93bdf671ccbeb0b7.png

Apply To Join Sphinx Haulage: https://sphinxhaulage.co.uk/

I'm on board with this just being a massive waste of admin time and resources. Like others have said, admins can TP anywhere at a moments notice if you report the guy who's breaking the rules. That said though, they won't get there instantly since there are a lot of reports rolling in at any given time, so it's always a good idea to record it if the guy shows any signs of doing it again.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.