Why Does ETS2MP Have Just To Be 64 Bit? Why Not 32 Bit And 64 Bit?

Why does ets2mp have to be 64 bit when its meant for both versions? i mean why have a game that is multiplayer supported and only make it 1 Operating System Supported (64-Bit), Yes it runs smoother but there is no oneed you may as well can make them separate so that the 32 Bit And 64 Bit both run smooth. It does cost more but it would keep alot of users of the game happy, And ATSMP Is fine thats only 64 Bit, Sometimes i look at the game and remember when i was playing it having a good time and then as soon as the updater came out where it was only 64 Bit, I got really annoyed because they don't need to have one version of mp they can have it the same as the base game. What Is The Point.

We fully understand this may be a very big disappointment for you and other players who are not on a 64bit opertating systems, however in order for us to move forward with ATS and better ETS2MP features, we must have made a choice. 

There are also other technical reasons about performance issues, need of enormous coding sessions, financial stuff and such.

We hope our 32bit users can upgrade their pc/laptops. We'd like to see all the community on the roads again!

We fully understand this may be a very big disappointment for you and other players who are not on a 64bit opertating systems, however in order for us to move forward with ATS and better ETS2MP features, we must have made a choice. 

There are also other technical reasons about performance issues, need of enormous coding sessions, financial stuff and such.

We hope our 32bit users can upgrade their pc/laptops. We'd like to see all the community on the roads again!

I Am getting a 64 bit disc soon to keep on playing

I Am getting a 64 bit disc soon to keep on playing

I'd suggest you look up your processor on Intel ARK or AMDs website to check that it supports 64-bit.

Any modern none-laptop CPU should support 64-bit OS', and most laptop processors should too.

On Intel ARK (If you have an Intel CPU) look for:

40d07f3b812cb1ab4c48e9f479f03b41.png

Good luck. :D

kvt_truckdriver_bar.png

If you're having trouble finding the CPU or you might not know what kind of processor you have.

As followed.

At windows start simply type in your language "system information" - In the next window that pops up the information will be showed, search for the line "Processor"

Choosing system would also work i guess.

system_info.png

PrivateMcWanted

- How about a warm cup of STFU

Signature is WIP*

I made a guide for this reason.. 

https://forum.ets2mp.com/index.php?/topic/27375-how-to-check-for-64bit-os/

Regardless, as others have explained Microsoft prefers 64bit, as do most as it supports a larger amount of system resources and we all know that more = better ;)

Kind regards,

Matthew

Yeah i mean, i am meant to get 64 bit which will be great for me cause then i can truck along in the TSR Vtc convoys and stuff but atm its kinda hard sinc ei have to do things in single player and when you have been in mp for like 6 months you get used to it but now i have been used to sp again so its sort of like a rotational thing, anyway thanks for all the help. Hope to see some of you on the road soon.

If you run SCS current games, of course you have a CPU that supports 64 bits. None of old only 32 bits CPU have enough power to keep at least 25fps on the game (which I think is the worst acceptable performance scenario).

ATS x86 have a official but non-supported version for ATS. So I think MP devs made a wise decision since this version will no longer be available after September.

"Trucks don't hit trucks, Truckers hit trucks". By me

If you run SCS current games, of course you have a CPU that supports 64 bits. None of old only 32 bits CPU have enough power to keep at least 25fps on the game (which I think is the worst acceptable performance scenario).

ATS x86 have a official but non-supported version for ATS. So I think MP devs made a wise decision since this version will no longer be available after September.

yes I Do Get That

General rule of thumb, most computers from 2006 and onward are 64 bit compatible. Windows Vista has had 64 bit from the start and the same for Windows 7+. At this point in time, 32 bit applications are nothing more than legacy code that's starting to be inefficient

If you're really having issues with the game, it's time to start examining the causes or it could be time to do a major upgrade. I have an old Athlon 64 x2 5300 system that can play ATS pretty decently with its 6GB of RAM and old GT630 GPU.

- mike_art03a

HeadHunters Inc.

"We ain't got no time for Trolls. So trolls beware."

Anyone with a 32bits OS capable or running ETS2 can upgrade to a 64 bits OS, and you know what, its free, the license of your Windows OS works for both 32 bits and 64 bits version. The only exception is Windows XP, but since this OS isn't supported by Microsoft anymore, its not going to be supported by anyone, the ones that still use it need to update immediately, its not safe anymore. .

76561198104067447.png

• 3 weeks later...

Archived