Police car allowed to users

Polimetro

Suggestion Name: Select what you want to be (Police or Trucker)
Suggestion Description: This is a very nice idea, we can divide the world in Truckers and Police. So the player is allowed to select what he want to be.
Any example images: Nope.
Why should it be added?: The admins are the best, but they can have the moment of the day too. If this suggestion is added, the Police is controlling the roads, and the Truckers, driving with the TruckersFM Radio. So this can remove a bit of job to the admins. This can add a more much realism game. We can do this sometimes (for speed control):

(Minute: 0:25 /// SPEED CAMERA CONTROLLING SPEED)

(Minute: 2:10 /// POLICE IN THE ROAD, NOTIFYING THE INFRACTION OF THE SPEED VIOLATION)

Bad idea, police forces = admin tools, it's not Euro Car Simulator :D

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

“Anyone who thinks sitting in church can make you a Christian must also think that sitting in a garage can make you a car.” ― Garrison Keillor

“Stupidity isn't punishable by death. If it was, there would be a hell of a population drop.” ― Laurell K. Hamilton

Cars are for Admins! not for normal players. If you want to play with cars, I suggest City Car Driving. This is Euro TRUCK, not Euro CAR. -1 for me, sorry!

Regards :)

• Upvote 1

High End Transport, Driver | WoTRDB, Support and Translator | Freelance Virtual Photographer                                          

KVVcvfk.jpg

Excellence In Motion

^ So the admins become more special

Why do they need to be "more special"?

It's not as if these cars will add anything extra to the game. They already have powers. If a players breaking rules they should just act. No need to have a power trip in a police car.

signature.png

Stobart Trucking Long Haul Division.

https://www.stvtc.co.uk/   https://www.twitch.tv/calbert

If you want the police car just try hard to be an admin. But I think it will be really good if we players can drive a car within a time limit system.

(meaning: you can not drive a car all the time because we still want a Euro TRUCK Simulator, but within a time limit, such as 10 hours per week, you can drive a normal car)

-- One banned troll means one sad troll. Conserve banning. The trolls will appreciate it.

҉  PEOPLE'S REPUBLIC OF RECKLESS DRIVERS

SprinterFS.gif

Last month, there was a huge traffic jam in EP, people were driving wrong way and driving on the hard shoulder. I was driving with my truck to the crime scene and parked my truck at the end of the lane on the hard shoulder. I was blocking a part of the hard shoulder as it couldn't be used anymore as a driving lane, players had to merge in to continue.

Problem was that users in front of me didn't see I was an admin, so they tried to stop me as they thought I was just another guy trying to undertake. If we have police cars, players would see the difference and let me pass without any trouble. This was an attempt to avoid traffic merging in and out from the hard shoulder to improve traffic flow during the jam.

• Upvote 3

Scar | Retired Legend

You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.

Banned: HELP! - Report a player - Help - Rules - Staff recruitment - Complaints/feedback

You can download the mods containing the civilian AI cars and play them in SP mode (Just so you know it's unsupported if you're not an IGA!). But it would be great to get a car released to normal players because I want players to see freedom of choice between trucks and cars on the roads.

The only drawback about this suggestion is that it contravenes the purpose of a TRUCK SIMULATOR. You can go check out City Car Driving, a driving simulator game where you can drive basic civilian AI cars without downloading mod packs. 

But otherwise, allowing the use of mods to normal players is great to have because it's dull with just trucks on the road.

So for me, it's a +0 

Last month, there was a huge traffic jam in EP, people were driving wrong way and driving on the hard shoulder. I was driving with my truck to the crime scene and parked my truck at the end of the lane on the hard shoulder. I was blocking a part of the hard shoulder as it couldn't be used anymore as a driving lane, players had to merge in to continue.

Problem was that users in front of me didn't see I was an admin, so they tried to stop me as they thought I was just another guy trying to undertake. If we have police cars, players would see the difference and let me pass without any trouble. This was an attempt to avoid traffic merging in and out from the hard shoulder to improve traffic flow during the jam.

I read this and had to laugh.

Admin names are red and not white. I see a name that is not white (Tags excluded) and think admin. People not giving way to an admin in a truck, wouldnt give way to an admin in a car.

Also, isn't this a reason to use the flycam, and not drive to the problem area?

• Upvote 1

An8mXaY.png

<image>

No, but we can try at least :P

@post above

You can't see names/tags in your mirrors, so you don't know who it is unless you switch camera and go find out.

Of course, I was using my flycam to sort out the problem while my truck was just parked there to solve 1 problem that was part of the huge traffic jam. 

• Upvote 1

Scar | Retired Legend

You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.

Banned: HELP! - Report a player - Help - Rules - Staff recruitment - Complaints/feedback

Tbh, admins having police cars is completely useless. They'll hardly get used, properly, as they have to go back and forth throughout the map, so driving is a mute point. Just fancy fluff for us non-admins to have to download later on.

Would be somewhat cool to see some sort of application open up to the players for use of the police car, and if people were put in charge that actually did a good job with their leadership, there could be a good system used and not much trouble. However, albeit pretty cool to have actual "police" enforce traffic laws, something like it would never be opened up to the normal people.

TruckersMP Retired Game Moderator

this is not going to happen i'm afraid, also it's the same for having police or anything similar as name or tag that is also not allowed 

so why should we allow a police car then if you are not a official ets2mp team member ? the players would be confused because who is real or not real 

^ That's why the topic seems to focus more on the civilian side of things (e.g. the car without the police skin). That's why I have made the points about the car in general and when I said that you can play with the civilian mod pack in single-player it is possible for the user to customise their car in SP so that they have similar police skins to the cars that the IGAs receive. However these cars can't be used in Multiplayer with the police skin (akin to the rules on usernames, which I agree!), even if the stripped plain version is accepted as a suggestion or available for download as part of the installation process of the game (like the Winter Mod) 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.