Taglift, midlift and other chassis things...

The_Atm

So I'm really confused on the chassis. I heard someone say that Taglift was the best one to get... but I don't know anything about it.

I've got the globetrotter Volvo, I think it's the best one, and one I get a heavy load I really feel it. I asked how to make this better and someone said get the Taglift... so I did but I don't really notice a difference unless there's something I'm missing.

I know in real life you need to adjust your trailers axles to even out the weight amounts them which also helps the truck carry the load better. But I've seen no evidence of this in game yet (after 73 hours.) So am I missing something with the chassis? Is there a best one? Am I using it properly?

^ Tag lift has even tighter turning radius than midlift, midlift is comparable to 4x2 in turning radius, mid/tag lift provide similar stability improvements as 6x4 but saves tyre wear if lifted.

I've tried the Volvo and Mercedes Versions as well as the Scania Versions of it and I don't have any (non-normal) understeering anymore. It looks like it got fixed with 1.21

But there still is some understeering with MAN 6xY as I heard

"Just because others break rules, does not grant you the permission to break the rules as well"

Please drive respectful on the servers. Thank you!

6x4 - better stability

4x2 - bigger fuel tank

midlift - tighter steering with the wheel down

taglift - same as 6x4 but saves tyre wear in real life - if you leave the back wheel up and take a heavy job, your truck does a wheelie

if i'm correct if you haul a heavy load with rear laglift you will get a message if your trailer is to heavy therefor you must drop down the wheel, i think scs fixed that issue , or still need to be fixed 

i have shown that to rootkiller so idk how far he is with that xd

The thing here with a taglift is that it'll wheelie and rotate in the air a bit towards the side you were steering to, so it kinda rotates on it's axle. It can be very handy in tight turns, but it's unrealistic. So if you seek a realistic experience of the game in terms of chassis i'd recommend you a 4x2, or 6x2/4 or 6x2 midlift. Also if you're a beginner, i'd recommend the 4x2. Big plus with the 4x2 is that you can carry more than 1200 liters of fuel. With more axles on your chassis it will be half of that amount or even more. 

4x2 or 6x2/4 are both great, but you can haul more or less everything with a 4x2 due to the stock loads being light. Having a larger tank isn't that large of an advantage unless you play with reduced income and need to get cheaper fuel

Independent driver

On 8/28/2018 at 2:16 PM, caff!!! said:

to quote Revolver Ocelot: I love to reload shift gears during a battle delivery.

Archived