Taglift, midlift and other chassis things...

The_Atm

6*2/4

Would use taglift, if scs implemented the option for having drive on the rear wheelset when needed.........

Dude, this is an internet forum. You can't expect people to read stuff. Jeez.

And we want players who can behave, I'm afraid we can't have what we want :(

"Just remember...if the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off. "

To sum it up:

4x2 = more fuel + side skirts, useless for 85/125t mods

6x2/4 (midlift) = 1 more (useless) ingame steering axle, helpful if you want to roll over faster, disappointing range between refuels

6x4/2 (tagliftt) = you can drive with the axle up with light-weight loads, do NOT try to fly through rail crossings, sometimes it goes horribly horribly wrong, disappointing range between refuels

6x4 = Stable, steering radius is so horrible that you risk hitting the moon, disappointing range between refuels

Only I use 6x4?

Thats why my Volvo understeers like that...

To sum it up:

6x2/4 (midlift) = 1 more (useless) ingame steering axle, helpful if you want to roll over faster, disappointing range between refuels

6x4/2 (tagliftt) = you can drive with the axle up with light-weight loads, do NOT try to fly through rail crossings, sometimes it goes horribly horribly wrong, disappointing range between refuels

6x4 = Stable, steering radius is so horrible that you risk hitting the moon, disappointing range between refuels

I honestly don't notice any difference in game with 4x2 and 6x4.  Of course, in real life, there's a huge difference:

Much wider turning radius with a 6x4, and smoother ride than a 4x2.

signature.png

To sum it up:

Sorry but you are incorrent. The midlift certainly isn't useless. Try driving a 25t sandtipper with 4x2 in corners, it will flip much faster than with a midlift down. I mostly drive with it:

ets2_00680.png

If you take midlift you can lift axle and you have longer 4x2 truck :) I like drive that way, for me the handling is better than in normal 4x2. Of course not in every truck this makes sense, For me Daf euro 6 is the best, daf XF is a bit too long and some other trucks don't have any difference betwen 4x2 and lifted midlift (wheelbase).

• 2 weeks later...

Archived