Keep Scandinavia NCZ Free

THIS REQUEST IS FOR THE Scandinavia DLC! Dont own it? Dont post.

Suggestion Name: Keep Scandinavia NCZ Free

Suggestion Description: Title says it all basically. Exceptions: garages and ports, oh my... i ported into the DLC a sunk a idler (serves them right, if you dont see red dont stop), i tried to hop to the small island connection ferry to get to the longer journey and boop someone spawned my game crashed but not after seeing awesome numbers on the speedometer...

Any example images: Nope
Why should it be added?: Respect. Actually next to ports and one small incident 1 we actually respected each other, but i guess with $20 on the line we better follow the rules right :P What i mean by that is if you bought the dlc and went on mp for just the dlc and can respect each other than why not keep it that way? It was also far more fun waiting for my turn than zoom dump zoom, or having to worry about another driver driving over me trying to unload and pull away fast in a NCZ which can get not just annoying but distracting...

CdapBgp.jpg

A truck pulled away forgetting i was waiting to pick up my load after dropping off theirs, and genitally touched each other. What happened is they forgot to fix their wheels.

pHWqdPO.jpg

If it uploads... internet is being bad for uploading tonight lol I have one that i waited for a truck to finish and the one in front of me too before i could pic up the load (same load game crashed tho)

• Upvote 5

Signature removed by a wondering ghost

SUS0M9O.gif

I wouldn't object to that idea. Thankfully I haven't had troubles with collisions (yet) and it is fun to respect other drivers and get respected in return. I hate it when I am trying to park (unload) and some Speedy Gonzales rushes in through my truck to make their delivery. It is annoying. Mostly because it blocks my vision of where I am supposed to maneuver into so it causes me to screw up my maneuver. The problem with that are the people who "forget" to take their truck off the unload point or pickup points. Some even simply go AFK soon as they disconnect their trailer.

I doubt it will but if this idea does get implemented they will have to organize something to handle those idlers. These scrubs are really annoying and certainly will be a problem in the areas with no NCZ. 

For obvious reasons I am keeping myself away from any ports as for now. Made my way to Scandinavia through the bridge by Kiel. Until NCZs are properly adjusted in the DLC, I recommend everyone to use land connections, only.

Some people should really get a license before even thinking about buying Euro Truck Simulator 2 or American Truck Simulator. Drive safely, folks!

GP53e75.jpg

< < < Don't bet on sinking ships because they'll turn your chips to trash! > > >

While, it is possible to slowly push the blocking truck away from the gate. Before pushing the truck away, that player first should make a screenshot (F10) and report the player. Notify the other players that the blocking truck is reported (last time i was online, reports by other players weren't visible in the chat) with a notification that you are about to push the truck away..

Well, maybe it is an idea to keep Scandinavia the way it's currently is for about a week and see what problems would arise.

Many opted for an realism server, so fewer NCZ could be added to that list, while the 'arcade' (with all respect!) server could employ NCZ's. If you guys and admins are thing about an realism server, please make it #EU2, so we won't get any whiners that it is the default server choice, etc..

510 Horses and one lucky bird at work

Simulators: Prepar3d V4, X-Plane 11, DCS 1.5 + 2.x, ETS2, ATS, Farming Simulator 17, Omsi 1 + 2

System: Intel i7-6700K @ 4700Mhz, 32GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance LPX, GTX970,  HP LP2475w monitor (1920x1200)
Devices: Logitech G27, SKRS Shifter, CH Products Throttle Quadrant, Trustmaster Hotas Joystick, TrackIR
Storage: 2 x SM961 - 250GB (raid 0), Samsung 850 pro 1TB disk, Samsung 850 EVO 2TB disk.

Egg-Roll, Im completely agree with you. The only thing I can say is. Why in Scandinavia and not in the whole map? Now we´ve paid 20€, it´s ok, it´s supposed we will be more serious then. But in some weeks there will be new offers and lots of people will join, like it happened with the whole game, or Going East.

That "Respect-Feeling" is all I miss from the first MP builds. Hope it could be back in the whole map (with some exception big crowded cities in the central part)

lkRjRkb.png

I would love to see the whole world ncz but trolls would kill it on the main map, maybe going east but it often gets bundled for cheap with the main program. The cheapest this dlc will get is $10+- for the next little while.

We have a lot of reports that come in for blocking when people simply go AFK when they finish their job currently, even with the collision zones, and this has the potential to cause some serious problems with this suggestion.

Auto kick after 30 seconds of the trailer being dropped if they don't move out of a specific area :) but I can see where it could be a issue.

Oh forgot to mention my truck had that much damage because the first offramp didn't even look like a offramp and I hit the barrier lol. For the trailer incident I thought I was safe, guess not, but no damage was caused to the trailer and they where able to leave without a issue afaik(f7 before they actually left)

as for eu2 seeing as the dlc currently has a small user base I don't see a need to segregate users for it, yet. If the need arises then it be nice for the whole map to be ncz for eu2 :)

SUS0M9O.gif

Service stations yea ok because you can teleport there too lol

Dave/Chris:

"Exceptions: garages and ports, oh my... i ported into the DLC a sunk a idler (serves them right, if you dont see red dont stop), i tried to hop to the small island connection ferry to get to the longer journey and boop someone spawned my game crashed but not after seeing awesome numbers on the speedometer..."

SUS0M9O.gif

I think that some sort of temporary ghosting feature for say 20 seconds when a player logs in is a good idea so that they can move to a safe space. I never really thought of how the game would be without the NCZ's until today and after a few encounters with both good willed and bad willed people on my travels I think that it adds a whole new level to the realism factor that the game has. After all not everyone wants to reverse for you/ wait for you when necessary in real life. Right?

• Upvote 1

until something can be done about trailers in companies NOT piling up and glitching into each other NCZ needed as for the good the bad and the ugly drivers meh... NCZ or not theyll get ya

I spawned the wind turbine next to the drop off and it was fine no-one said oh look flying trailer either... I think flying trailers are caused due to impatience, see a line up for your pickup check your spots availability, if taken wait...

SUS0M9O.gif

+1 on this one. At least give it a try. Love the fact that people respected each other before NCZ were back. We were three trailers lining up for the same drop off at one point, and instead of people racing through eachother, the dialouge went like "You go first! No, you go first!" hahah. Another idea is to make one of the servers "hardcore" with the NCZ removed at dropoff points. They do need to stay on repair shops, garages and ports though, as you've stated already. 

Problem with ports and garages is that truck often spawns in place where another one is already present.

Make newly spawned truck transparent and NCZ for all cases. Same when a new joiner spawns on the map. And same when someone is stopped on the green marker (browsing the cargo list or destination list) he should be immediately transparent.

NCZ zones kill immersion

Came to think of something. Would it be possible to make a truck non-collideable, when the given truck is in a menu? It should also be like, if the same truck leaves the menu, it should stay non-collideable, at least if another truck is inside it at that moment. This would sort out the people using ages after they've dropped off a load, or searching for a new job while sitting at the dropoff spot, or other important spots.

I'm not sure if the plugin can detect a player is in a menu or is looking at a dialog (buy garage, report window, etc). Think that as long the user doesn't send new coordinates, all other clients keep drawing the truck at the same place.

However non-collideable trucks are not the answer, because if that person would close the menu of dialog, he will collide with the other truck driver that was thinking (s)he could park there..

Service stations and garages are places were people normally start their MP session, so those places need a NCZ, but company sites don't really need it. And yesterday (even before the R2 release) the EU1 server was very. Normally it isn't that busy in East Europe, but I think it was a total ghost area. Pretty much everybody was in Scandinavia. For the first time in a very long time, I really enjoyed being online. I hope that the respect driver showed each other will stay for the upcoming days..

510 Horses and one lucky bird at work

Simulators: Prepar3d V4, X-Plane 11, DCS 1.5 + 2.x, ETS2, ATS, Farming Simulator 17, Omsi 1 + 2

System: Intel i7-6700K @ 4700Mhz, 32GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance LPX, GTX970,  HP LP2475w monitor (1920x1200)
Devices: Logitech G27, SKRS Shifter, CH Products Throttle Quadrant, Trustmaster Hotas Joystick, TrackIR
Storage: 2 x SM961 - 250GB (raid 0), Samsung 850 pro 1TB disk, Samsung 850 EVO 2TB disk.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.