Will SCS ever introduce electric trucks?

Radu#7120

Hello! I was thinking if in the future the game will evolve, just like in reality, i.e. let's see in Euro Truck trucks like the Volvo FH Electric or the new Mercedes eActros, presented in the picture below!

I would find the idea and changes made to the game very interesting, such as charging stations or different routes to help with a greater autonomy!

What do you think about this topic? Do you think that SCS will take steps towards these trucks?

mercedes-eactros-longhaul-01.thumb.jpg.e97f0a6e01f6f6aa5d85288cdafc026c.jpg

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Firstly, SCS would need to implement multiple fuel types. Fuel consumption unit depends on what kind of fuel is used in the vehicle. 

• Like 1

If you want to ask anywhere on forums whenever 32-bit version of MP will be supported in future, try to start GTA V on your 32-bit machine before checking game's system requirements.

Instead of quoting the post above, use the ^ character. The character is actually pointing to the post above.

How to fix sudden steering issue on your USB steering wheel

Interesting, hope to see this in the future, maybe one day!

• Upvote 1

Kind Regards,
Ykaro
339458068_role_Translator(1).png.1c7213d

Languages: English 🇬🇧 | Portuguese 🇧🇷

Report SystemBan Appeal | Feedback System | Rules | Knowledge Base | Server Status

Need help with something, or can't find a solution to your issue? Submit a ticket with the support team here!

You would expect SCS to follow the real world.

But I'm still waiting to see an electric semi-trailer truck on the streets of Europe. Just seen TV reports and YT videos so far.

Also, in terms of gameplay, I'm not sure if it will be that attractive/fun. No gear, no sound, no real challenge, ... 😒

I guess many kids are hoping for fancy flashy designs and Tesla like accelerations to play even more recklessly! 😆

On 8/12/2023 at 2:59 AM, Samderali said:

Hello, 

They may turn to these vehicles according to future EU decisions, but it seems they are not adding electric vehicles for now.

That's a nice idea. 😘

NewHeader.png.e4c57937084393154ec74acd64b57719.png

🚚HELLO, I'M JASON_STEPHEN FROM 666 LOGISTICS🚚

>-------------------------------------------------------<

I mainly focus on Pictures and Videos in this Forum and Game

I can modify pictures by Photoshop and make videos by Pr & AE

>-------------------------------------------------------<

🎞 Here are my social media links 🎞

<< YouTube | DiscordBilibili | X.COM >>

It would be fun to drive a variety of trucks if electric trucks were added to the game, but for now it doesn't look like electric trucks will be added to the game.

Also, if electric trucks are added to the game, I hope SCS implements a cool charging system for electric trucks!

Languages: EN / KRNJAP |  Discord: werzey

TruckersMP Support System  | Knowledge Base | TruckersMP Rules | Feedback System

Report System | Appeal Ban 

spacer.png  

It's a good feature, but I believe that a good part of the community will drive for a while and then return to the truck they used before, in my opinion, I wouldn't use it if they implemented it, I'm happy with my Scania. 🙂 

Previous classification.: imagem%5D

Idiomas: Português e Inglês | Discórdia: _amexz_

Bem-vindo e boa condução! 🚚🚧

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

SCS would have multiple problems if they tried to implement electirc trucks.

First of all, it already takes a lot of time, just to create a new truck model. So every truck they make new, takes time and money for them.

The bigger problem would be that you would need those charging stations to load them.

This means that they would have to go over the ENTIRE map to place charging stations everywhere.

Also, I am not sure if that would really be something that would help SCS since a lot of people are no big fans of electric trucks.

On 8/11/2023 at 8:41 PM, Radu#7120 said:

Hello! I was thinking if in the future the game will evolve, just like in reality, i.e. let's see in Euro Truck trucks like the Volvo FH Electric or the new Mercedes eActros, presented in the picture below!

I would find the idea and changes made to the game very interesting, such as charging stations or different routes to help with a greater autonomy!

What do you think about this topic? Do you think that SCS will take steps towards these trucks?

mercedes-eactros-longhaul-01.thumb.jpg.e97f0a6e01f6f6aa5d85288cdafc026c.jpg

Very likely, much depends on how much they are used in the world and the licensing topic,

Tendentially from what we see SCS is implementing everything we have in the real world, including truck technologies,

I also think that they will most likely do some work on implementing fuel types,

spacer.png _raffaele_ spacer.png