Jump to content

What do you think is going to happen with SCS making their own multiplayer?


killa17456
 Share

Recommended Posts

So, I just saw recently that SCS announced they are officially working on making their own multiplayer which is cool, but what do you think is going to happen with truckersMP? I have no doubt that truckersMP is going to remain the more popular version of multiplayer but it still makes me scratch my head on how the outcome of the official multiplayer is going to compare to this one. I've always thought SCS was going to team up with truckersMP considering the amount of work they've put into the mod and how flawlessly and popular they've become. But that doesn't seem to be the case after the announcement of the official multiplayer. What's everyone's thoughts on this?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well, TruckersMP is a different platform than SCS multiplayer. Yeah, SCS MP is cool but not in the level of TruckersMP. In TMP, we need to follow real life road rules but in SCS MP, there are no rules. You know, we always need to follow rules in every single step of our life. Without rules, everything would be the worst. Also, you can meet with players across the world at TruckersMP. Although TruckersMP has some issue but we need to give them some time for improvement. In my opinion, SCS MP never reach the level if everything remains the same. Some player maybe started to play SCS MP. But still, as I mentioned above, rules are a big thing. 

  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hello @killa17456,

 

First of all, I would like to remind you that the official multiplayer mode created by SCS Software is no longer just an announcement. It has already been released for more than a week.

 

Moreover, we don't have enough hindsight to say anything about it yet. It's far too early to say whether or not it will have an impact in the long run. 
Of course, many people are curious to try out this new multiplayer mode at the moment. But I personally think that all the players who have created a TruckersMP account in order to play with real players, to meet people, to be part of a VTC, etc. will surely not experience the same pleasure. 

By the way, regarding VTCs, which is a concept that was largely created thanks to the TruckersMP community, it will be impossible for them to make the transition to the SCS mutliplayer (unless they are only 8 or 12 within their VTC).

 

So to conclude I would say that for the time being we should wait. Maybe this new mode is just a hype that will fade over time.

 

Kind regards,

 

XioPlay

 

  • True Story 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Even if SCS has already released Convoy multiplayer, I don't think it would make a big difference to how many people are playing on TruckersMP. Some people may like this new convoy update but some people may not. I would say the convoy update is probably more suitable if you have friends to play with and would like to experience some AI traffic. Whereas, if you intend to drive on your own or in a large VTC convoy, TruckersMP may do better here due to its large community and large server sizes.

 

However, you never know what SCS may do next regarding multiplayer. So I guess it's better waiting.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Angelforgamers said:

Most of the players already shifted to scs official multiplayer because you can see very low players even in peak hours.So here's the consequences.What more do I need to say,you can have a look at the peak hours


The online on the TruckersMP servers always goes down when SCS officially releases a new game version. That was the case with any previous game version update. Considering that many players would automatically update the game but would not be able downgrade due to issues that it can cause with the profiles, I am not surprised that the online during the peak hours is quite low right now.

  • Love it! 1

TruckersMP Game Moderator Leader

Pries Logistics - Founder

———————————————

Languages: gb.gif | ru.gif | ge.gif

Rules | Recruitment | Support | Feedback | Meet the Team | Knowledge Base

———————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

As the SCS MP is official, there are rules for driving, speed, AI, respect for others etc, while the TMP doesn't demand that much, and gives you the freedom to choose between playing alone or in a convoy.
I started at TMP in 2014 and, as long as TMP doesn't "resign" me, I'll be here. 😉

Link to comment
Share on other sites

^^^ I would say that it's the exact opposite. TruckersMP runs their servers, moderates them, have a set of rules that users must obey. The SCS's Convoy mode is hosted by a player, only that player can decide the rules and even if they can "remove" those in the convoy that don't follow them, these "convoy-breakers" are not really banned from Convoy mode, they only need to find another "public" one to join.

  • Upvote 1
  • True Story 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Here is my opinion on both

Traffic -

If you like following rules on TMP (speedlimits, signals, etc...) you will notice how most of the time the roads can get pretty empty unless you drive in an area that's populated.
But not on SCSMP as there are AI always surrounding you which feels more realistic than having an empty road to drive on.

Trolls -

As you may or may not know, people like to swerve into you narrowly missing you or completely ram into you by either turning 90 degree's to the right or left or literally straight into you. Reporting them is the right thing to do, however that might take a while for them to be kicked/banned unless you have an admin watching. It still gets the job done, but not instantly. 
But this is not the case on SCSMP. If either you or a friend host a convoy server, the host has the power to kick that troll out of the server.

Mods -

SCSMP did say in a livestream that they were to allow mods in the future. But for now, local modding is a thing similar to TMP.

Servers -
SCSMP is limited to 8 as of now, but in a livestream, they did mention that they will increase that number.

If you want a more detailed explanation, here is SCS blog
https://blog.scssoft.com/2021/07/euro-truck-simulator-2-141-release.html

Sign1.png.5b22d99b3e818d95d9b87e2202f9f0d2.png

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, BL4CK$K1LL said:


The online on the TruckersMP servers always goes down when SCS officially releases a new game version. That was the case with any previous game version update. Considering that many players would automatically update the game but would not be able downgrade due to issues that it can cause with the profiles, I am not surprised that the online during the peak hours is quite low right now.

@BL4CK$K1LL your statement is partly true but the other half is wrong ,let me correct it.Its that previously when scs launched new game version players during peak hours it didnt hit a record low of 1000 to 1400 like now,it used to hover around 1500 to 2700 during peak hours.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Angelforgamers said:

@BL4CK$K1LL your statement is partly true but the other half is wrong ,let me correct it.Its that previously when scs launched new game version players during peak hours it didnt hit a record low of 1000 to 1400 like now,it used to hover around 1500 to 2700 during peak hours.

 

..and I'll be quoting myself as well..

 

Quote

And now servers are half empty cause lemme guess many players are trying out the new SCS features etc.

 

Sooner or later they'll return back.

 

 

So let's bet about that when 1.41 gets supported by TMP, lots of players will get back and everything's gonna return to normal operations. 😛

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think the SCS MP is not comparable with TMP. TMP excists already 7 years and is very popular. You can drive with thousands of other players in 1 server. 
The SCS MP is only for 20 players. Also locally hosted. It is a nice addition from SCS, but it will not replace TMP (yet?)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, stappat said:

I think the SCS MP is not comparable with TMP. TMP excists already 7 years and is very popular. You can drive with thousands of other players in 1 server. 
The SCS MP is only for 20 players. Also locally hosted. It is a nice addition from SCS, but it will not replace TMP (yet?)

 

Nothing can replace TMP. Many have tried and failed. TruckersMP has been a strong reason SCS made so much money. With out the multiplayer that TMP made, I don't think they would have gotten this far today. Heck, SCS asked for help from a TMP Dev to make the ATS MP. So even though player count is low. We have seen this before with the new update and people unable to return due to profile issues. It'll be back to 100 percent. 

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Sad 1

Hello! My Name is BLAZIE

If I have helped you please press that green arrow.  ~~>  

4ztdct6d3mv93kh7

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/25/2021 at 10:02 PM, xXBlazieXx said:

 

Nothing can replace TMP. Many have tried and failed. TruckersMP has been a strong reason SCS made so much money. With out the multiplayer that TMP made, I don't think they would have gotten this far today. Heck, SCS asked for help from a TMP Dev to make the ATS MP. So even though player count is low. We have seen this before with the new update and people unable to return due to profile issues. It'll be back to 100 percent. 

Why are you lying that scs asked for help from a TMP dev?They won't because they have much expertise  and experienced devs 

  • True Story 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Angelforgamers How can you be so sure that they didn't? Do you have any contacts inside SCS that told you about this? They surely have the expertise with the games and experienced developers, but until recently, they had never tried the MP mode. If they know that someone in TruckersMP has the expertise or the knowledge, why would they not ask for help or even hire that person? They did in the past, when they hired "Rootkiller", the creator of TruckersMP. I can't say if they did it to try implementing MP into the game or not, because I don't know, but it's clear that they would have no problems in hiring anyone that can be an asset in their development team, just like any other companies.

  • True Story 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

@Angelforgamers How can you be so sure that they didn't? Do you have any contacts inside SCS that told you about this? They surely have the expertise with the games and experienced developers, but until recently, they had never tried the MP mode. If they know that someone in TruckersMP has the expertise or the knowledge, why would they not ask for help or even hire that person? They did in the past, when they hired "Rootkiller", the creator of TruckersMP. I can't say if they did it to try implementing MP into the game or not, because I don't know, but it's clear that they would have no problems in hiring anyone that can be an asset in their development team, just like any other companies.

Same goes for you,do you know any contacts inside scs that you are so sure about it?think before you speak

  • True Story 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, CryingGodly said:

New players will not know about TMP😢

Hey,

 

In my opinion, many new players Euro Truck Simulator 2 or / and American Truck Simulator will sooner or later find out about the existence of TruckersMP.

It is worth remembering that TMP has its own channels in social media,thanks to which they reach many SCS Software game enthusiasts (using tags, shares or likes). Additionally, they are active and visible on websites such as Twitch (live-streams) or YouTube (video). It's worth to say  that a huge work to promote TMP is also performed by the community of players itself, which has its social media of friends, vtc, etc. It leads to constantly increases the number of people actively staying on the servers. In addition, I believe that amazing, unique events such as Real Operatons and new features will also attract the attention of new people.

So to summarize, I personally believe that many new players will be aware of TruckersMP, but whether they decide to join and be active in the community is up to them. I keep my fingers crossed for the greater community.

  • True Story 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Nody locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.