Linciano

"Best" Trucks in ATS

Hey y'all :) 

I'm completely new to American Truck Simulator and the American Trucks in general.

Which Truck would you recommend, when it comes to acceleration and speed? And which one for heavy cargo with more power?

Thank you in advance for your answers :wub:

Guest S̶ ̶p̶ ̶a̶ ̶r̶ ̶k̶ ̶i̶ ̶e̶

Trucks in ATS really only matter based on what you think looks nice.

The W900 and the P389 technically have more power than the rest of the trucks, but not by much.

I wouldn't call save editing the engine from a P389 or W900 into a different truck unrealistic though, considering how modular US trucks are built, its just not an option you would have from an official dealer.

What matters most is the transmission and chassis type. For heavy haul I would pick the Allison TC10 or the 18 speed transmission, though a 13  (or 12, incase you are driving a VNL) speed will usually do just fine too.

I would reccomend a 6x4 chassis, but again its not entirely nessecary, its just very useful incase you somehow get stuck.

Fastest overall transmissions are the Allison transmissions, but the 18 speed will let you cruise at 100mph pretty well

Hi mate, 

I think ats trucks are very powerful,

So it doesn't matter which one.

But if you need to choose one of the volvo trucks.

• Thanks 1

Guest Tristan [FR]

Hello,

I'm not an expert in this domain, but I personally think the Volvo VNL is one of the best truck in American Truck Simulator (of course, it's only my point of view), mostly because I like its design and the engines you can put are powerful. ^_^

I hope that my answer helped you to choose. ;) 

As others have said the trucks really aren't too different as far as power goes. I personally prefer the Volvo because it has the shortest wheelbase making it a bit easier to maneuver, especially as a day cab.

On 6/30/2019 at 3:41 PM, Explore Transport said:

for single player, GTM T610 or Harven's W990 (both off Steam Workshop)

I so much like GTM T610 , even thouh it's australian truck - that thing has massive! fuel tanks and very short wheelbase. GTM's other trucks are also great.

• Upvote 1