Jump to content
Petrova

[ETS2 MAP] Option: Hide our names (accounts)

Recommended Posts

I completely agree with Petrova. People should be allowed to have some privacy. We encounter stalkers on every corner in the game. And it's even worse for those who have becomo famous with their ETS2mp  streams and videos.  I can imagine how difficult and annoying it can be. It might sound a little exaggerated, but it is in the nature of some people to seek revenge(for exaple: People who have been banned because of a report video that you uploaded) and if they are able to track you down on the ETS2 map and start bugging you, that would surely ruin the fun of driving during your session. Sure there would still be consequences for people who bully you, out of spite. But why go through all that trouble when it could all be avoided if you are able to hide your name on the ETS2 map. And only appear as a dot with ingame number.
Brilliant idea and well-made point, Petrova.
My sincerest and most kind regards:
Baktisah 

 

On 1/23/2019 at 6:53 PM, Petrova said:

Heyo!

 

  • Suggestion Description:

Option to hide our names on ETS2 map, other Players would cannot follow us on the MAP. Of course, except Staff members.

 

  • Any example images:

(Example image copyed and modified from ..truckersmp.com/profile/settings)

SUGGESTION.jpg.28a952064f4e92906b310176a9043071.jpg

 

  • Why should it be added?:

I think it is a popular problem that We cannot hide our in-game name (account) on the ETS2 MAP when We are Online from other Players.

I think We need more privacy. Sometimes We just want to drive alone, We don't need people behind us in every second. We don't need that, others teleport to us and harassing us with their undesirable following, because
They can check us on the ETS2 MAP (where are we / where we going) and They says that "I checked you on ets2map haha". Of course, the most important thing is for me, the Trolls. They just check out my Name on the map and after this they follow me and blocking/ramming me.
Its really annoying and I feel that, We would fix these problems If We would have a chance to hide our names.

 

Kind regards,

Petrova

 

  • Love it! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It would be great as sometimes It's really annoying when someone finds me via ETS2 live map and is following the whole route. I think it's our privacy right to ask this feature to be added and I hope it will be. That's definitely +1 from me ;) 

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest DASDASDAS

Really A Great Idea.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest ØuskilleЯ

I think it's good that we have the live map, but there definitely should at least be an option that you can't be searched on the map. However, i don't think it's a good idea to be completely invisible, because the live map is also being used to update status on traffic https://traffic.krashnz.com/

I'd say that we should have an option added so people cannot search you, but you will remain visible on the map.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for comments guys^^ 

 

1 hour ago, Baktisah said:

I completely agree with Petrova. People should be allowed to have some privacy. We encounter stalkers on every corner in the game. And it's even worse for those who have becomo famous with their ETS2mp  streams and videos.  I can imagine how difficult and annoying it can be. It might sound a little exaggerated, but it is in the nature of some people to seek revenge(for exaple: People who have been banned because of a report video that you uploaded) and if they are able to track you down on the ETS2 map and start bugging you, that would surely ruin the fun of driving during your session. Sure there would still be consequences for people who bully you, out of spite. But why go through all that trouble when it could all be avoided if you are able to hide your name on the ETS2 map. And only appear as a dot with ingame number.
Brilliant idea and well-made point, Petrova.
My sincerest and most kind regards:
Baktisah 

 

 

You're absolutely right♥. Unfortunately, many banned players with new accounts are looking for me and of course for others on the map, because they got banned of my/other report videos.

 

1 hour ago, BL4CK$K1LL said:

It would be great as sometimes It's really annoying when someone finds me via ETS2 live map and is following the whole route. I think it's our privacy right to ask this feature to be added and I hope it will be. That's definitely +1 from me ;) 

Yes, it is very annoying. If they do this without maliciousness, then it is annoying too. :/

Thanks^^

 

46 minutes ago, ØuskilleЯ said:

I think it's good that we have the live map, but there definitely should at least be an option that you can't be searched on the map. However, i don't think it's a good idea to be completely invisible, because the live map is also being used to update status on traffic https://traffic.krashnz.com/

I'd say that we should have an option added so people cannot search you, but you will remain visible on the map.

You are right Ous!

What I imagine with example photo:

 

Spoiler

kklA4id.png

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest ØuskilleЯ

Or, have our names be invisible on the map. But we would still be registered on the map. So it would be a blue dot without a name.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For me that idea is useless. The problem it isn't the name, but the search. If you can't search with name and tmp id you can't discover anyone in tmp, if they dont give you their server id or streamers give you from their streams that's info generously. For the streamers(Community Contributor) unfortunately if tmp don't give the hide permission in server like on admins nothing will change. Unfortunately the streamers can't hide from trolls. Also the map is the good tool for your friends or your vtc members to see where you/they are to pick the nearest location to spawn. Something else that no one has ever thought is for (ex. If you have hide your name, but someone random player no. Then ? ).You are hostage of trolls and you need to play all time with close f11 and tab. Finally for me the streamers can't hide from trolls and all other players don't lose their privacy.

 

+1 to /hide command to Community Contributor

+1 to remove search with name and tmp id

-1 to remove the name from the dot on tmp map

 

Press +1 if you want tmp to make streamers polish role ! :mlg_doge::troll:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest ØuskilleЯ
49 minutes ago, KrhthkosV8 said:

For me that idea is useless. The problem it isn't the name, but the search. If you can't search with name and tmp id you can't discover anyone in tmp, if they dont give you their server id or streamers give you from their streams that's info generously. For the streamers(Community Contributor) unfortunately if tmp don't give the hide permission in server like on admins nothing will change. Unfortunately the streamers can't hide from trolls. Also the map is the good tool for your friends or your vtc members to see where you/they are to pick the nearest location to spawn. Something else that no one has ever thought is for (ex. If you have hide your name, but someone random player no. Then ? ).You are hostage of trolls and you need to play all time with close f11 and tab. Finally for me the streamers can't hide from trolls and all other players don't lose their privacy.

 

+1 to /hide command to Community Contributor

+1 to remove search with name and tmp id

-1 to remove the name from the dot on tmp map

 

Press +1 if you want tmp to make streamers polish role ! :mlg_doge::troll:

 

So basically, you wrote that entire paragraph which mostly made no sense. And practically agreed to what Petrova and i said. /hide for CCs would be useless because if you can hide yourself on the map, that would be good enough wouldn't it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ØuskilleЯ said:

So basically, you wrote that entire paragraph which mostly made no sense. And practically agreed to what Petrova and i said. /hide for CCs would be useless because if you can hide yourself on the map, that would be good enough wouldn't it.

 

:lol::truestory:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, ØuskilleЯ said:

So basically, you wrote that entire paragraph which mostly made no sense. And practically agreed to what Petrova and i said. /hide for CCs would be useless because if you can hide yourself on the map, that would be good enough wouldn't it.

Maybe you didn't read my paragraph, because i don't agree with you and Petrova. I wrote two ideas for /hide command and the remove name and tmp id from search. I don't see anything of that in your posts. And sorry that you did not understand the point of my paragraph, but streamers can't hide from trolls anyway. Something I forgot to write before it's the choice of a name change in the server only the time you're on the server. Is something we use in other games for the Community Contributor.

 

/hide = hide from tab in game like the admins do if login

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, KrhthkosV8 said:

Maybe you didn't read my paragraph, because i don't agree with you and Petrova. I wrote two ideas for /hide command and the remove name and tmp id from search. I don't see anything of that in your posts. And sorry that you did not understand the point of my paragraph, but streamers can't hide from trolls anyway. Something I forgot to write before it's the choice of a name change in the server only the time you're on the server. Is something we use in other games for the Community Contributor.

 

/hide = hide from tab in game like the admins do if login

 

 

We talking about everyone, not about only the CCs. We didnt missunderstand you ;) 

I talking about my and every other player's personal privacy.

If you want to suggest your /hide idea, then You can submit it here.

 

2 hours ago, KrhthkosV8 said:

Also the map is the good tool for your friends or your vtc members to see where you/they are to pick the nearest location to spawn

I totally aggree with you in this sentence, but what about the trolls? The map is good tool for the trolls who catch you, and teleport to you, and after this they harass you. I know that, because I experience that every 2-3 days.

It was not enough that I set my steam profile to private and turned off my game activity on Discord. Because trolls check me on map, tp to me and harass me. Of course they says that in PM "i like ets2 map :DD" or "i checked you on map".

 

I think it would be nice if the default setting would be "My name is visible on ETS2 Map" but, If I would want that, I would turn it off. People would see my blue dot on the map, but my name would be invisible.

  • Like 1
  • True Story 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...