Do a driving test before downloading the mod

Mossarelli

Something they should do is to kind of make them register on the forum before they can play online.

For example they need to register on the forum then they get a activation code for MP in a PM along with the rules translated to his/her language if it's supported yet, since they're working on it.

It should not be impossible to do it and it would bring more people to the community.

• Upvote 1

I like the Idea of this test +1

Let's call it Driving Test:

First what is this sign means.

Second Try to go (fwd) through the cones, and (backward) in the same pattern (let's say a U shape pattern); If the driver hit a cone, he will drop some points!

That would be great yeah, though possibly alot more additional work for the devs having to design a training area with cone roads and a scoring system, I think it would be very beneficial to the long term lifespan of the mod.

Realism has to be the main focus at all times imo

• Upvote 1

3D3cmCR.png

Maybe they should lock down the main servers and let new drivers/players to the game play on the EU2 Freeroam server for an hour or so to get used to things before letting them loose on the main servers.

Maybe new drivers have to report to a certain area within Freeroam to be assessed by an in game tester, this could be done by Admin or Moderator. Not sure if this is all possible though.

Just a suggestion.

Regards

Spencer

MY Ingame Status:image.png

In game rules can be found here:https://forum.truckersmp.com/index.php?/forum/115-in-game-rules/

+1

Good Idea , but the trollers will pass the Driving test then when they pass.

they will do their work

then in game admins will take care of them as much as they can

Tag Line: Want to Have fun, join Trucking World at ETS2, ATS and TruckersMP.

Respected Member of the Arab Community and TMP
Former: Forum Moderator, Support Team & Game Moderator

I fully agree with this idea. It is easy to solve. Before the new driver gets to the main server could pass a practical test on the test server under the supervision of an administrator or another designated member of staff. The tests would take place at predetermined intervals. On the server could be added as a specially modified map mod. Map may be formed according to requirements. The result of the examination staff and decides to permit the entry to the main server or order a re-test.

Furthermore, this could be used to ban users who get to go through this test than can shed back into the multiplayer.

• Upvote 1

CZ/SK komunita hráčů ETS2 a ATS

Logo_CZSK_Truckers.jpg?ver=0

Dodržujte tato pravidla, více info zde Pravidla ve hře a Pravidla fóra.

I fully agree with this idea. It is easy to solve. Before the new driver gets to the main server could pass a practical test on the test server under the supervision of an administrator or another designated member of staff. The tests would take place at predetermined intervals. On the server could be added as a specially modified map mod. Map may be formed according to requirements. The result of the examination staff and decides to permit the entry to the main server or order a re-test.

Furthermore, this could be used to ban users who get to go through this test than can shed back into the multiplayer.

This would give an actual use for the free roam server, compared to the numbers that are on the main server to those who for some reason go on the other one it's more than obvious that it's barely used in comparison. By claiming the free roam server as this 'test server' surely it would be feasible to edit it to be as such? As it would only be used for one purpose.

Although this seems like it would require all whole new addition to the MP team if you ask me; so I'm not too sure how it would work entirely, unless it was possible to set up 'courses' that in order to pass you had to go through them a certain way which didn't require literal supervision.

nz3d07.jpg

Yes, I think it would be possible to make a map that would complement the main ETS2 map on the training ground where the examination was taken. EU2 use for this purpose and add map as a mod would certainly not complicated. By staff would be possible to add a function Driving instructor. Those caring for the tests. I think it would be difficult to find staff here. Just read some of the posts.

CZ/SK komunita hráčů ETS2 a ATS

Logo_CZSK_Truckers.jpg?ver=0

Dodržujte tato pravidla, více info zde Pravidla ve hře a Pravidla fóra.

Sounds something similar to this.

http://forum.ets2mp.com/index.php?/topic/3939-do-a-driving-test-before-downloading-the-mod/

Maybe incorporate both into one idea?

It is but its looks like already forgotten

Edited by FlashyLights

Great also teach people how to talk to other drivers about certain things I was driving with a trailer which could only be driven at 70 while other people were passing me at 90 as it is hard to see where the back of your truck is out your right mirror while concentrating on the road ahead so i was telling drivers through the chat when the back of their truck was safely past the front of mine the message i used was "all clear"  that was basic but there are some other things people should be taught the meaning of. 

have told this before, let me tell it again with some modifications.

turn US1 or EU2 to hardcore servers with no NCZ and 100times ban times than of current EU1, lets call this hardcore server.

No one can enter in hardcore server unless they have no in game ban, warning or anything wrong with their record in  X months with XXX number of hours spent in EU1 server.

This way we do not change much with the current eu1 server, and we can have something to look forward to continue driving like real drivers in EU1 server.

Great also teach people how to talk to other drivers about certain things I was driving with a trailer which could only be driven at 70 while other people were passing me at 90 as it is hard to see where the back of your truck is out your right mirror while concentrating on the road ahead so i was telling drivers through the chat when the back of their truck was safely past the front of mine the message i used was "all clear"  that was basic but there are some other things people should be taught the meaning of. 

Some people simply don't care how far their trailer is from you once they overtake you - sometimes they don't even indicate. The other possibility is lag on their side, it seems clear to them but in reality it isn't. The majority seem to understand what two taps on the air horn means though, I tend to do that instead of typing it - I prefer to remain in complete control of my truck. As soon as I start typing I appear like I'm drunk haha.

nz3d07.jpg

Tag Line: Want to Have fun, join Trucking World at ETS2, ATS and TruckersMP.

Respected Member of the Arab Community and TMP
Former: Forum Moderator, Support Team & Game Moderator

Forgive me for I have not read all the replies to this thread yet, so if this has already been mentioned, disregard my post ^^

Why don't we shift to a whitelisting system? 

Incorporate some kind of online test, like these threads suggest, based around the rules/guidelines laid out by the ETS2MP team. 

You write up a basic questionnaire, requiring the user to demonstrate that he/she/they indeed have some knowledge about the rules/guidelines and proper road use. I'm not saying let's throw in real life road rules, because we're all from different places and we all have different rules for the roads (or well.. maybe some similar), it should be solely based on ETS2MP's rules. All the correct answers, a person is able to find by visiting the forums and browsing around for a while.

If a person taking the test is successful, he'll be redirected to download the ETS2MP client, IP will get logged into some database and this person's computer will be whitelisted, showing the mods/admins this person has successfully passed the test, and demonstrated he/she/they are aware of the rules and have some basic knowledge of the rules of the road. Much like a screening process I suppose. The whitelisting would help prevent people who've already been succesful from uploading the client to their friends and try to bypass this test. Even if someone has gotten ahold of the client without taking the test, their IP is not whitelisted and still, cannot join the server.

The test should be able to be taken a limited amount of times in a limited .. amount of time. (Once an hour? Once every 6 hours? I dunno) The correct answers should NOT be shown to someone who failed the test, either. This defeats the purpose. 

Again, sorry if this is something already said in the replies here. I'll go back through the thread and read thoroughly. :)

Thanks for reading,

//..Reaper

Can u guyz try to be a little bit realistic, the staff has tons of work to deal with, SCS comin' out with new patches kinda every month + the tons of bugs that still not fixed .W/o mentionin' that they have to deal also with ppl ingame. Do u really think that they will have time for that.

Before sayin' "Oh it's a suggestion blahblahblah", i call this a useless suggestion that gona bring whiners in few months when nothin' is done about this topic with stuff like " ADMINS don't care about the suggestions we do blehblehblehbleh" .

Atleast when u gona make a suggestion try to think twice.

76561198160986596.png

Can u guyz try to be a little bit realistic, the staff has tons of work to deal with, SCS comin' out with new patches kinda every month + the tons of bugs that still not fixed .W/o mentionin' that they have to deal also with ppl ingame. Do u really think that they will have time for that.

Before sayin' "Oh it's a suggestion blahblahblah", i call this a useless suggestion that gona bring whiners in few months when nothin' is done about this topic with stuff like " ADMINS don't care about the suggestions we do blehblehblehbleh" .

Atleast when u gona make a suggestion try to think twice.

Do you want a dictionary...

• Upvote 1

7572736451.png

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.