Option to turn other players beacons off

jx_23

Suggestion Name:  Option to turn other players beacons off

Suggestion DescriptionOption to turn other players beacons off to improve performance or disable christmas trees
Any example images: Nope
Why should it be added? To improve performance or disable christmas trees but still have the nice light effects from the normal rear light or indicators

• Upvote 3

In the game settings of ETS2 (the SP options), you can select in the category "graphics" the setting "additional lights" [or however it is called in the English version].

That allows you to turn off the beacons

"Just because others break rules, does not grant you the permission to break the rules as well"

Please drive respectful on the servers. Thank you!

This is defiantly a +1 as beacons aren't just a visual annoyance, or a lag inducing inconvenience (with lots of beacons or older machines), but a health issue too.

Some people can play the game, but the strobing effects of the beacons can cause some people that may be mildly epileptic to go into a fit, causing more danger on the road, all because a circus freak with nothing but beacons doesn't want to turn them off "because its fun".

An8mXaY.png

question: Why when drivers around me reversing i can always hear that sound even when i got this feature turn off in SP and MP setting any ideas?

Some of the settings have been sort of broken lately but if you have a video of that you should post it in the bug reports.

+1 for the suggestion, even with a gaming rig Ets2mp still lags around people with lots of beacons, and even if it's not lagging sometimes it's just downright annoying with all those flashing lights.

signature2019.png.8d2d82f1f80e57ce817e965f0bdde2eb.png

Signature made by Aestrial

By reading the title only makes me want to say

+1

Haven't read the description because the title is enough this option should be a vital part because it would reduce lag for me :D

Awesome suggestion

Again, I completely agree on this. Would definitely reduce lag in game for many players with low end PC's

High End Transport, Driver | WoTRDB, Support and Translator | Freelance Virtual Photographer                                          

KVVcvfk.jpg

Excellence In Motion

I also agree with this suggestion, I'm getting irritated when I see someone driving on a highway with this flashing light on, especially because my FPS drops from ~50 to ~30, don't want to imagine what would happen if I entered the city full of those trucks :wacko:

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

“Anyone who thinks sitting in church can make you a Christian must also think that sitting in a garage can make you a car.” ― Garrison Keillor

“Stupidity isn't punishable by death. If it was, there would be a hell of a population drop.” ― Laurell K. Hamilton

• 2 months later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.