Admins with little evidence

AgentBaconTV

Pro Twitchstreamer here, thought it would be nice to give me viewers a look into ETS2:MP. Unfortunitely i already got banned, all from the simple screenshot of me saying (removed) once? No timestamps, and the rest of the evidence is freaking tiny as well. No chatlog whatsoever, so the person who reported me gets away without any problem, and i get a ban for saying (removed) because he rammed me and then decided to honk?

I know this community consists of a lot of young kids (often are the worst out there, but that's another story) but is this seriously the first and only game/mod where you get banned for saying (removed)?

Are admins all immature or is the admin that processed my report just a salty little kid? My ban appeal then gets denied without any reason whatsoever.

Anbody out there that can explain why admins are banning people without having any proper evidence or a good reason? And why there are no explanations on ban appeals?

Really makes this mod/community looks retarded.

Hi, the in game rules state swearing is not allowed the screenshot provided with your ban is good enough evidence

Profanity - Kick / Ban
Swearing or using any words that may be deemed inappropriate or anything similar.

Insulting Users / Insulting Administration - Temporary / Permanent Ban
Swearing or using any words that may be deemed inappropriate towards other users or administration or anything similar.

If you have any complaints about your ban please contact either I<3VODKA or Clarkinator

I agree, it's quite ridicculous. As you say, this is the first game were you can get banned for such things... I don't get it, when people suggest a filter in the chat for such words they reject it. But they can't keep banning people for using the words then...

Why would you need a chatlog if you got a picture already?

http://i.hizliresim.com/n25lrM.png

So you can see what happend before, chat logs are a very good way to look back in time. 

Rules are rules, mate. You broke them, you gotta handle the consequences. Now, if you think the other guy should have received any punishment then you should have collected evidence to prove he rammed you and then report him (you have no idea how many times I had to "bite my tongue" to contain my frustration after being rammed. When something happens I just record it and collect info about the location, time, player IDs and such and then I file a report. So far not a single report I filed have been declined. All the people I report get banned for their wrong doings. It's way more effective than calling them names). That's how it works. You are not supposed to insult other players, for the most wrong they may be. If they break a rule you are supposed to quietly collect info about them and the incident and then report them for the infraction in question. Not break any more rules yourself. Even if it may seem unfair, no insulting is a rule and you gotta follow it.

Now, if you really want access to the chat log, then simply go to your ETS2MP files in your computer. I'm not at my computer right now so I can't check the exact directory to tell you, but if I recall correctly it should be under Documents/ETS2MP/logs. All the mod's logs are in there. Chat, spawning, players, specifications about their trucks, their IDs, etc. It's all in there. Just find the one chat log with the date of the incident you want and do a Ctrl+F to search for your name in it for easily finding the moment that screenshot was taken. Timestamps are available in the chat log.

Some people should really get a license before even thinking about buying Euro Truck Simulator 2 or American Truck Simulator. Drive safely, folks!

GP53e75.jpg

< < < Don't bet on sinking ships because they'll turn your chips to trash! > > >

^It doesn't really matter what happened before. If you insult someone, you insulted him, no matter if he insulted you or anyone else before.

And by agreeing on the EULA when installing the MP Mod you agree with the rules set up by the team and accessable in the forums. So, if you don't know the rules, it's your fault since you said that you know the rules.

You can swear, but please shout it out loud at home and not using the chat.

EDIT: If you think that you have been banned without proof, you can request it from the admin.

Also admins can reject ban appeals without a reason telling you.

"Just because others break rules, does not grant you the permission to break the rules as well"

Please drive respectful on the servers. Thank you!

^It doesn't really matter what happened before. If you insult someone, you insulted him, no matter if he insulted you or anyone else before.

And by agreeing on the EULA when installing the MP Mod you agree with the rules set up by the team and accessable in the forums. So, if you don't know the rules, it's your fault since you said that you know the rules.

You can swear, but please shout it out loud at home and not using the chat.

EDIT: If you think that you have been banned without proof, you can request it from the admin.

Also admins can reject ban appeals without a reason telling you.

Well it does matter what happend before. He might get a ban for insulting, but if he claims the other player rammed him before. Then you might see something in the chat log, just to make the ban more fair. Checking the chat log takes 5 minutes, if you can't check it you're just lazy. 

Rules are rules, mate. You broke them, you gotta handle the consequences. Now, if you think the other guy should have received any punishment then you should have collected evidence to prove he rammed you and then report him (you have no idea how many times I had to "bite my tongue" to contain my frustration after being rammed. When something happens I just record it and collect info about the location, time, player IDs and such and then I file a report. So far not a single report I filed have been declined. All the people I report get banned for their wrong doings. It's way more effective than calling them names). That's how it works. You are not supposed to insult other players, for the most wrong they may be. If they break a rule you are supposed to quietly collect info about them and the incident and then report them for the infraction in question. Not break any more rules yourself. Even if it may seem unfair, no insulting is a rule and you gotta follow it.

Now, if you really want access tot he chat log, then simply go to your ETS2MP files in your computer. I'm not at my computer right now so I can't check the exact directory to tell you, but if I recall correctly it should be under Documents/ETS2MP/logs. All the mod's logs are in there. Chat, spawning, players, specifications about their trucks, their IDs, etc. It's all in there. Just find the one chat log with the date of the incident you want and do a Ctrl+F to search for your name in it for easily finding the moment that screenshot was taken. Timestamps are available in the chat log.

The problem is, that log is saved on your computer, and you can't prove you havn't edited the file.

Yeah, you guys can stop quoting the rules lol, that's not why i made this topic obviously. The rule in general is very broad, it's admins decision whether something is offensive or not. And that's the problem, since this community consists mainly of kids (including some mods/admins) it's being abused overall.

Like i said, i play mainly RP communities, where if you for example want to report someone, you have to have evidence of the whole situation. A screenshot won't get you far since obviously you can abuse the hell out of it. It's fairly common that the evidence consists of not only a single screenshot but at least a video that consists of the first encounter until the last moment. An admin can make a fair decision about a video showing the whole situation, not just a single screenshot.

In this case, i get rammed/obviously trolled during my transport by a TROLL, troll uploads a single screenshot of me saying fuck you and 5 mins later i'm banned? Whoever made that decision was obviously high as a kite.

Again, i got everything on video, uploading that won't help me at all since he is probably already done trolling for today and i'm still stuck with a kiddy ban.

The rules are way too broad in general and admins keep making wrong decisions with insufficient evidence. That's just a fact.

And again, congratz on being the only community banning 'fuck' without having it censored in your chat yourself. First censor the chat with shit you don't want, then talk about banning people for free speech.

One has to be very salty to bother going through the reporting system for that. :lol:  I certainly can't be bothered to check spawnlogs and fill up all the fields in the form just for that.

Don't fear, it's only a 24 hour ban.

"Salty"...do you play LoL? :P

Edit: It's worth uploading the vid, find his ets2mp id through logs and use the resporting system, if the evidence is really clear cut.  Admins *will* accept long videos.  (One tattle-tale recorded 20 guys at Europoort over a long period of time and reported them all!)

Yeah, you guys can stop quoting the rules lol, that's not why i made this topic obviously. The rule in general is very broad, it's admins decision whether something is offensive or not. And that's the problem, since this community consists mainly of kids (including some mods/admins) it's being abused overall.

Like i said, i play mainly RP communities, where if you for example want to report someone, you have to have evidence of the whole situation. A screenshot won't get you far since obviously you can abuse the hell out of it. It's fairly common that the evidence consists of not only a single screenshot but at least a video that consists of the first encounter until the last moment. An admin can make a fair decision about a video showing the whole situation, not just a single screenshot.

In this case, i get rammed/obviously trolled during my transport by a TROLL, troll uploads a single screenshot of me saying fuck you and 5 mins later i'm banned? Whoever made that decision was obviously high as a kite.

Again, i got everything on video, uploading that won't help me at all since he is probably already done trolling for today and i'm still stuck with a kiddy ban.

The rules are way too broad in general and admins keep making wrong decisions with insufficient evidence. That's just a fact.

And again, congratz on being the only community banning 'fuck' without having it censored in your chat yourself. First censor the chat with shit you don't want, then talk about banning people for free speech.

I'd not talk about admins in that way. Some of them tend to be very butthurted, and then you'll get banned permanently for insulting an admin as many of them think they're so much more worth compared to a player... 

Ah-ha! But you are wrong in stating that! So what the whatever happened has already happened? If you caught it on video and has the ID of the player who is breaking the rules in your footage, you CAN upload and file a report. How do you think it works? You may have been banned for insulting but that doesn't mean you can't report them. I only file my reports after I'm done playing for the day and they always get the people I report banned. But that's because I provide enough evidence so bear that in mind. If you have enough evidence he can be banned even when offline so next time he tries to play he won't be able to log in until his ban is lifted. Besides, it's not like you've been banned for life. You only got banned for one day.

Some people should really get a license before even thinking about buying Euro Truck Simulator 2 or American Truck Simulator. Drive safely, folks!

GP53e75.jpg

< < < Don't bet on sinking ships because they'll turn your chips to trash! > > >

alright then i think we discuss it long enough 

Hi, the in game rules state swearing is not allowed the screenshot provided with your ban is good enough evidence

If you have any complaints about your ban please contact either I<3VODKA or Clarkinator

this is the most easy solution for you contact them instead of making an thread for it

thank you for reading

Profanity is profanity, no need to cry on a mistake once done

You wrote something wrong in chat and got banned for that, have a look at my profile i did the exact same like you when i ran out of patience in a convoy going past ep long time ago and there you have Ban history on my timeline for the same two words, i report several people too for same reason

Henceforth, Evidence by fuzzy is more than enough :P

Archived