Suggestion - Accident Prevention Key

ZuLynx

Etant Français, je maitrise mieux ma langue natale que l'anglais c'est pour cela que cette suggestion est en Français. An English version of this suggestion is available, but can be full of errors or misunderstandings.

drapeau-francais.jpg

Suggestion Name: Ajouter une touche pour prévenir clairement un accident.

Suggestion Description: Via une touche du clavier (ex: "!" ou "NUMPAD *" ), un panneau "accident" s'affiche au dessus de notre camion, ce qui permettrerai de prevenir les autres joueurs d'un accident. Le panneau s'affiche, reste affiché pendant 10 à 15 secondes, puis disparait.

Why should it be added?: Actuellement, le seul moyen de prévenir d'un accident, c'est en activant les feux de détresses, mais cela ne permet pas de clairement comprendre si il y a un accident, ou si le joueur se met AFK ou autre chose.

=======================================

drapeau-anglais.jpg

Suggestion Name: Add a touch to clearly prevent an accident.

Suggestion Description: Via a keyboard key (eg "NUMPAD *" or "!" ), A sign "accident" appears at the top of our truck, which show other players to prevent an accident. The sign appears, is displayed for 10-15 seconds, and disappears.

Why shoulds it be added ?: Currently, the only way to prevent an accident, is by activating the distress lights, but his does not allow clear if there is an accident, or if the player begins AFK or something.

1442087175-2015-09-12-00001.jpg

Au aperçu de ce que cela pourrait donner dans le jeu

A glimpse of what it could give the game

Use your hazards to inform about possible danger situations. I also imagine me everyone driving with it enabled, while there is no danger, as you can't see your own tags ect so you might forget you still have it on.

No vote for me.

Scar | Retired Legend

You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.

Banned: HELP! - Report a player - Help - Rules - Staff recruitment - Complaints/feedback

may as well just run hazards, less keys to have to worry about = faster recovery and movement instead of having to find the key to activate and deactivate it, far easier to just hit your hazards on or be kind and mention something in chat to warn people? big -1 as just an easy tool for trolls as well as people to get freaked out about if left on by accident, besides if you drive carefully you wont hit anyone if you pay attention to the road anyway.

I like the idea of this, especially if a truck is alerting others of a hazard but that said (and mentioned by most above) hazards usually do the Job and is pretty much the universal language for caution with drivers.

That said it would be amazing to implement this somehow so the sign would appear before an actual player spawns in to minimise risks of drivers being spawned into in busy areas.

signature.png.01ca08257761c1d4ea766c13ccdc06af.png

Community Manager at SCS Software & Truckers.FM Founder.

I don't think it would be a good idea. Specially if people clearly can't get them selfs out the way, spending time putting that sign up and just sitting there instead of just pressing f7 it is a bad idea.

But if you can get out of the way then it may help for people to see far away, but then again you should be paying attention to the road for accidents instead of having to see a giant yellow sign :P lol

As already said, the hazard lights should be enough for that. Anyway, I see your point and respect the suggestion as it gives a easy and fast way to warn others. Lots of guys do not know what the hazards are for. However, I prefer let people learn instead of giving more "easy" stuff to troll with (Imagine all the guys spamming with that sign, omg)

lkRjRkb.png

How about using 4-way flashers? ;)

they use four way flashers and hazard lights for everything so that idea is out the window

As already said, the hazard lights should be enough for that. Anyway, I see your point and respect the suggestion as it gives a easy and fast way to warn others. Lots of guys do not know what the hazards are for. However, I prefer let people learn instead of giving more "easy" stuff to troll with (Imagine all the guys spamming with that sign, omg)

they are used for everything by some people god they have the big roof flashers on with no trailer all the time so no this does not work Edited by Scarface0359
Posts merged

Instead of adding a sign to the truck standing still, why no MODERATE you're speed, so you can stop in time? 

510 Horses and one lucky bird at work

Simulators: Prepar3d V4, X-Plane 11, DCS 1.5 + 2.x, ETS2, ATS, Farming Simulator 17, Omsi 1 + 2

System: Intel i7-6700K @ 4700Mhz, 32GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance LPX, GTX970,  HP LP2475w monitor (1920x1200)
Devices: Logitech G27, SKRS Shifter, CH Products Throttle Quadrant, Trustmaster Hotas Joystick, TrackIR
Storage: 2 x SM961 - 250GB (raid 0), Samsung 850 pro 1TB disk, Samsung 850 EVO 2TB disk.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.