J-Spec Trucks: The New Cool Trend

S2020

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Any love for the low top Scania Streamline?

0D7F8jd.png

ris7qMa.jpg

5ekjGCj.png

Intel i7 7700k│ASUS ROG Maximus IX Hero│G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 16GB 3000MHz │EVGA GTX 1080 FTW│EVGA SuperNOVA 850W P2│Samsung 970 EVO 1TB NVMe M.2/Samsung 850 EVO 500GB│Corsair H100i v2│Corsair iCUE 465x RGB

Audio Technica AD700's│Beyerdymanic DT770's 80Ω│Corsair Strafe RGB Blues│Logitech G502 Spectrum│Alienware AW3420DW

On 5/27/2015 at 2:21 AM, USTA said:

What is J-Spec Trucks?

They are basically "realistic european road vehicles" that is 95% of the trucks in the Europe for companies...

How to make a J-Spec Truck

Following rules are strict and standardised so far:

1. No V8 engine, No Engine over 510 HP (If you need more than 510 HP you are an idiot - maximum lowest available engine over 500 hp, can be and strictly advised below 500 hp)

2. Sideskirts are ok as long as they're just stock

3. Stock rear lights

4. Max one(1) lightbar

5. Simple company skin

6. Plastic Parts if available

For more information about J-spec and screenshots: http://forum.scssoft.com/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=184220 

Do you even J-spec bro?

I guess my 650 Cat just won't do then.

I drive a 500 HP heavy haul truck, I even did the Iveco 9L 60t challenge before.  If you do steep incline driving, I can see why you'd want such an engine but otherwise it really is just wasted power and money.

Independent driver

On 8/28/2018 at 2:16 PM, caff!!! said:

to quote Revolver Ocelot: I love to reload shift gears during a battle delivery.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/1/2018 at 2:16 PM, Evillian said:

I don't even like driving with 750bhp. Feels like driving a fast car. I like to hear that engine revving and having to work to get the job done.

Also when you shift manually 750bhp is not fun. You can skip all the gears then and use 3 gears to get up to 80km/h. With a 20 tonne load.

Totally agree! I also use a manual shifter and its totally boring to shift such an OP truck.

Fellow truckers,

it is really easy to build a J-Spec truck.
Just read and follow the guideline that @USTA provided in the very first post.

J-Spec rules! :D

On 5/27/2015 at 8:21 AM, USTA said:

What is J-Spec Trucks?

They are basically "realistic european road vehicles" that is 95% of the trucks in the Europe for companies...

How to make a J-Spec Truck

Following rules are strict and standardised so far:

1. No V8 engine, No Engine over 510 HP (If you need more than 510 HP you are an idiot - maximum lowest available engine over 500 hp, can be and strictly advised below 500 hp)

2. Sideskirts are ok as long as they're just stock

3. Stock rear lights

4. Max one(1) lightbar

5. Simple company skin

6. Plastic Parts if available

For more information about J-spec and screenshots: http://forum.scssoft.com/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=184220 

Do you even J-spec bro?

58 minutes ago, Donforcefeedback said:

00000000003C6810.jpg

R450

Clearly this AI driver isn't following the j-spec rules for cars!

Check out my other trucks: https://www.worldoftrucks.com/en/profile/16806

You found a parked Huracan, in red no less, lucky!! Thank you for sharing, it's on my "Rare cars of ETS2" spotters checklist. I see a real one of those occasionally where I live. 

Love your R series♡

I'll share! 

I didn't realize that J-Spec was a thing. So here's mine, and I have to say I have put more happy kilometers on this truck than all my high-powered rigs combined. I love banging through every gear and watching it struggle up hills, it adds so much to the gameplay. 

The first step for me was to visit the real life Scania truck builder and see what factory colors were available. I chose Chalcedony Grey (paint code RAL7038 CM) and then applied it best I could in-game. There are discrepancies due to monitor RGB and also that these images were gently post-processed to lower attachment file size. Lost a bit of resolution. 

Specs are as follows:

-Scania R (chose R over S to enhance the diminutive cab size)

-Engine is DC13 149 Euro 6 @370hp (base stock)

-Transmission is Opticruise GRS 905 (base stock) 

Mod's:

-Interior upgraded to Standard Light to match exterior color. 

-Added plastic sideskirts. 

-Removed "Scania" logo to save $200

-Custom plate to pay homage to the Fiat Biposto 695 

Total MSRP  €141,380

[Added refrigerated Curtainslider with color to match truck]

vOoo55X.jpg5XXFLbK.jpguGEHScy.jpg

Don't drink and teleport to photo locations kids. Stay in skcool. ~(˘▾˘~)

GtpLQ8h.jpg

On 11/27/2018 at 10:27 PM, LeSpindle said:

You found a parked Huracan, in red no less, lucky!! Thank you for sharing, it's on my "Rare cars of ETS2" spotters checklist. I see a real one of those occasionally where I live. 

Love your R series♡

Cheers,

Speaking of rare cars, were the police versions rare? snapped one as i drove past a bit later:

3E51C46681C0AD07CAC2013C45111FBC7A2F37E6

Not the best picture of it i admit but still :P

38 minutes ago, Donforcefeedback said:

Cheers,

Speaking of rare cars, were the police versions rare? snapped one as i drove past a bit later:

3E51C46681C0AD07CAC2013C45111FBC7A2F37E6

Not the best picture of it i admit but still :P

I personally have seen more Polizia Huracans than standard ones. One yellow one, never a red one. I've noticed that depending on region/country certain cars spawn in select places and will vanish before you if you follow them outside their grid, the Citroen 2CV in my post is one such car. 

I would love SCS forever if somewhere deep in the upcoming Baltic expansion as we near St. Petersburg we can find the occasional Lada. Bonus points if they make them reckless like some of the Mustangs after the recent Germany facelift. XD 

Archived