USTA

J-Spec Trucks: The New Cool Trend

Guest Iron Spirit
23 hours ago, fidget3306 said:

Interesting if your into that kind of thing, but I come from an rather industrial area of the UK and about 90% of trucks that I see are anything, but J Spec.

Sounds right, heavy industry often has heavy or oversized stuff to move which requires more 'specialized' equipment.

On 15.04.2018 at 11:41 AM, MashedPotaton8r said:

I've been driving this for the past 5 months. It's been great so far and I don't plan to change any time soon.

HdFJTHT.png

Beatiful Truck :wub:

• Like 1

That's a good idea. Why wasn't it invented earlier? It's a shame most trucks don't have plastic parts tho(

• True Story 1

^ SCS has raised their truck modeling standards since launch, which allows for such plastic parts to be a non-mod option.  Also, licensing most likely gets in the way of adding such parts to older trucks or even making the models on par with DAF and new Scania.

I scaled my main Scania down to the 500 HP and the low differential 12 speed transmission with a single rear axle from the 730 HP V8. I still have a V8 R Series 4 axle for heavy cargo, but I have to admit the 500 HP 6 cylinder is really growing on me. I might just keep it for a while.

On 19/04/2018 at 9:18 AM, Eagl223 said:

That's a good idea. Why wasn't it invented earlier? It's a shame most trucks don't have plastic parts tho(

Can always use one of the construction skins and place the bottom in grey/black, will give the same effect.

I felt inspired by soon to be Baltic DLC to make something that would feel at home on those roads.

KFieel8.jpg

Mercedes Actros

320 HP/1650 Nm V6 (cheap and drinks fuel for breakfast)

PowerShift G280-16 ( I will most likely swap with a ZF box to keep 16 gears, while also not having the engine at 2k RPM going ~100 km/h)

6x4 axles (It's not fleet J-Spec, but certainly something you'd see in a rural small company haul truck.)

larger tires (Takes less than ideal road conditions better, which I hope shows up in the DLC.)

• Like 3