Driving License System

First of all, greetings to everyone,

I would like to talk about the driver's license system, which is one of the ideas on my mind, and get your opinions. This driver's license, which is a system that will make the game very realistic, can be easily obtained by taking a written exam, and systems such as tachometers can also be developed in this way. I'm curious about your opinions too.

Drivers license? Who is gonna examinate all these people? You want a driving test as well? Even if we where to do a written exam only, then what ever questions on there would just be shared with everyone so they can take the test easier. And then who are gonna look through all of those answers? We have thousands of people coming through here all the time, having people taking tests is just not a viable option. It would be way too much work for the TMP team. 

I already suggested an Automated Driving Test System in the past. From what i recall, it was hated.

GM's already have a lot of work on their plate. There's no way they can also squeeze in a driving test. Just like the Real DMV, they manage to pass and throw it all out the window to be dumb drivers. If you want proof, go to youtube and look up "car crash" videos.

Even if said system was in place and every single account got a license, would bans and being caught bad driving lead to license points and suspensions? Or, would another system be in place of insurance policies?

I am fairly new to TMP and ETS MP in general, but what i have seen playing today, did in many occasions not feel like a "Simulation" Server.

People are rushing, ramming, driving in the wrong lanes, blocking, going afk mid street, ramming into delivery points with long trailers and so on.

I think an approach might be to divide the Simulation server into a whitelist and a public one.

For all of those that really enjoy driving and the realistic feeling, that dont have/want to rush every contract and enjoy the interaction between players.

Therefore you could enforce more strict rules on this server (f.e. no open mic, proper use of CB Radio, global language english, lower speed limits, proper road traffic regulations everyone has to comply with and so on.)

If i had reported every serious violation today with video evidence, i would not have been able to play, no joke.

I personally would really enjoy a less busy server with passionate players more, than what i have seen today, which really made me consider switching back to single player.

Instead of a complex license system, I think it would be best if new players are faced with some type of training video explaining the basics and rules of TruckersMP (pretty sure the majority of users here haven't read all the rules), or even a questionnaire with multiple choice questions, if you get it right you pass the test, if you don't then you have to try again or read the rules to learn a few things. This should be enough to earn your "driving license" instead of an actual driving test.

• Upvote 1

spacer.png

On 3/10/2024 at 7:55 PM, ELDEST said:

First of all, greetings to everyone,

I would like to talk about the driver's license system, which is one of the ideas on my mind, and get your opinions. This driver's license, which is a system that will make the game very realistic, can be easily obtained by taking a written exam, and systems such as tachometers can also be developed in this way. I'm curious about your opinions too.

Are you talking about tachometers or tachographs? 🤔

I'd welcome the introduction of working tachographs in both simulators, as it would increase realism.

• Upvote 1

It is important to remember that Ets is a simulation game. Therefore, the movements made in the game must be done within the framework of reality. Accidents that occur as a result of drivers' actions without knowing the signs or the meaning of the lines on the ground cause damage to other users. To prevent these, I support a system based on learning through play.

• 2 weeks later...

This may be a good suggestion, but it would create a lot of work for the TruckersMP team. A player who knows the rules well enough that he doesn't deliberately break them is no guarantee that other players won't cheat their way to a driver's license.

Want to play a game together? https://truckersmp.com/

Feedback system? https://truckersmp.com/feedback/create

If you want to report it?https://truckersmp.com/reports/create

Truckers/3D