New Duisburg Gas Station: Improved?

Sunstrider

4 hours ago, Sunstrider said:

As everyone who's played on the server has seen, there's been a revamp to the Gas Station on CD Road by the Duisburg Exit. Is it a better improvement or made things worse?

Hey, I think it's an improvement because there's not so much traffic standing still, but the people who want to fill up drive, off to the petrol station and the others who don't want to fill up just drive on. 

Ello  there, @Sunstrider

Thank you so much for creating thus question! 

In my opinion that jam full of traffic has been quite reduced so I venture to say that these improvements will bring a positive emphasis in the future. 

Have you also see some positive aspects? If yes, or not tell us it here as we can all discuss it together 

Regards,

[MCG] RedWolf [CZ] 

TruckersMP Patron Master Trucker & Veteran Driver IV | MCG Expert Driver 

• Upvote 1

RedNub I TruckersMP

(ETS2 - 6,250 hours)

795749874_role_VeteranV(1).png.660f7fd7e1531540532_role_5Patron(4).png.063edcf85

Reporting a player  | Appeal your ban  | Support System  | Recruitment

Hello, 

My opinion is that this is a good thing for the development and fluidity of this road. But the developers should do the same for the other gas stations, thus making the whole road more fluid. 

• Upvote 1

[MCG] Evey0r_ 
MCG Master Driver | TruckersMP Patron ✨

1797634707_role_VeteranIV(1).png.4b446841531540532_role_5Patron(4).png.063edcf85
| Report a player | Appeal your ban | Create a ticket | Recruitement | 

5 hours ago, [MCG] RedWolf [CZ] ~ said:

Ello  there, @Sunstrider

Thank you so much for creating thus question! 

In my opinion that jam full of traffic has been quite reduced so I venture to say that these improvements will bring a positive emphasis in the future. 

Have you also see some positive aspects? If yes, or not tell us it here as we can all discuss it together 

Regards,

[MCG] RedWolf [CZ] 

TruckersMP Patron Master Trucker & Veteran Driver IV | MCG Expert Driver 

I haven't seen the new area yet other then a single photo.

It is definitely an improvement compared to the old fuel station assets. They are in desperate need of replacement for something designed in this century.... On the other hand, I don't really get why TMP stuck with the outdated terrain materials on the outside but then went like "oh yeah let's put the new materials in the center areas"... I think the treewalls on the outside are too close to the driveable areas. There are different and better assets for that distance from the user. The gas price totems are partially in collision with the trees and the fences that have been put up, which is a no-go in my book. This should pop up in any testing / debugging session.

In terms of traffic management...well, I can see where you are coming from, but there are some design decisions that need to be questioned.

First off, the crash barriers that block the fuel station areas from the proper road are insanely close to the lanes. In fact they're so close that trucks are very likely to collide with them. Furthermore, they don't give you the option of any evasion whatsoever. The truck in front of you lags and bam you're off flying onto the other lane.

Then there's the center median. I can see why it has been implemented but...it is an obstacle. Remember the interchange they redesigned (the one linking to the Rotterdam/Brussels motorway)? There's a median as well and it creates issues in every other case I am approaching that area. My rough ass guess would be the same thing happening at the fuel stations.

Now, with a center median being close to the lane and the outside crash barrier almost creeping onto the road, we got us an extremely narrow lane that will create issues....so people will tend to drive via the rest area instead which again will create issues. Also, please add some sort of separation sign in front of the outside crash barriers as you did with the center median. I just saw a truck hitting it, being pushed off onto the center median and landing on the opposite lane with no option but to F7.

In terms of signage....well it is a TMP thing. They don't care about countries like SCS or Promods do. It feels as if TMP picks whatever sign comes up first in the content browser. UK signs in France? No problem. Polish signage in Germany? Hey why not! Belgian arrows in the Netherlands? Check.

TLDR: It's a much needed improvement in terms of fuel station assets that will create issues and maybe improve traffic a bit. There's quite some room for improvement

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • HaulieThumbsUp 1

I think it's a great edition and looks very nice, it also reduced traffic in that area for sure.

But I'd like to see the other gas station on C - D road get a revamp as well since that gas station also causes a lot of traffic most of the time.

20 hours ago, Random_Truck_Driver said:

The gas station addition is nice on the other side.

The road is not that great though. They shouldn't have added the middle barriers.

I actually think the middle barrier helps a lot with traffic and accidents, if it wasn't there people would be crossing in the middle of the road to get to the other gas station.

On 11/2/2023 at 5:20 AM, Sunstrider said:

As everyone who's played on the server has seen, there's been a revamp to the Gas Station on CD Road by the Duisburg Exit. Is it a better improvement or made things worse?

Yes, i think it is an improvement and i was hoping for this change also because i always drive on that road,

I wonder if they will do something similar in the other station, i hope so

spacer.png _raffaele_ spacer.png

On 11/6/2023 at 2:41 PM, _raffaele_ said:

Yes, i think it is an improvement and i was hoping for this change also because i always drive on that road,

I wonder if they will do something similar in the other station, i hope so

I completely agree too. I love driving on the road, but absolutely hate the constant traffic and unbelievable wait times to move past points of interest (gas stations). So with that, I hope the TruckersMP team is able to make further improvements to the road, such as expanding parts of it alongside transforming the other station.

• True Story 1

Hey, buddy

I think he has solved the problem of traffic congestion at the Duisburg Trail gas station in a positive direction

But there's a new problem that arises. When you're stuck in a gas station lane, players will pass through the gas station and overtake you. If you can improve it, it may solve the problem

Sincerely

greeting

Big Week

On 11/4/2023 at 2:13 PM, Nima. said:

if it wasn't there people would be crossing in the middle of the road to get to the other gas station.

Then what if enlarging the lane a little bit, so we get a little bit more space to "swerve" a bit without getting yeeted 🙂

28 minutes ago, Big Week said:

players will pass through the gas station and overtake you

yea, a bunch of my friends do this, like they just blasting through the rest area and get in front of me (prob other ppl as well)

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/2/2023 at 5:20 AM, Sunstrider said:

Hello @Sunstrider,

First of all thank you for taking the time to write this topic with the community on the forum. 

I really liked this revamp on C-D road. I think it would be nice if there could be the same thing on the petrol station in the direction of Calais on C-D road. 

Regards, 

ROMANISTA [ITA] 

TruckersMP Veteran Player 

1329247034_role_ReportModerator(1).png.9

I agree with the previous commentators. The revamp is a great improvement to CD road.

I really hope they will do the same with the other gas station closer to Calais (or at least make it impossible to cross the median anymore). And I also hope there will be something done about the railway crossing ... maybe it could be always open (no trains at all) or maybe the frequency of the trains could be reduced.

That would be a huge improvement in my opinion, because it would remove two reasons for the way too long daily traffic jams.

LegendsTruckers.deyoutube.com/vipmagazinyoutube.com/gamesmag

Languages: German, English, Spanish • Discord: Marco.aus.Berlin

• Project Manager

Thank you for your constructive comment @el_blubb!
I have forwarded this to the team who designed the area. Maybe we can improve the overall design and quality. 

The main aim of this was to keep the traffic (as that is what most people on CD go there for) but reduce traffic jams and collisions. 

• Like 1

Appeal your banSubmit feedback | Have a nice day 🧡

Yeah the road changes at the fuel stations have helped a ton.

The next place I think the devs should turn their attention to is the railway crossing. In the past the traffic jams there were tolerable, but as the TruckersMP playerbase continues to grow the jams at the crossing is becoming too much in my opinion. Sometimes you have to wait 30 minutes or even up to an hour in extreme cases (usually on a Saturday/Sunday). I'm not sure if the devs are able to do this but putting the train on a 5 minute respawn timer would help considerably. In my eyes this appears to be a simple number tweak in the games code, but I'm obviously not a developer so it is probably more complicated than that 🙂 

I quite like it. I have noticed it has decreased the queues and incidents in the area, however, my only concern is how easy it is to nip through the petrol station to get around a slow driver on the main road. It is super easy as you can pretty much drive in a straight line most of the way through. Some traffic calming to stop this would be ideal. Just my opinion though!

• Like 1

Stones8000

spacer.png

status.png

• 2 weeks later...

Heya!

Since your topic has been inactive for over fourteen (14) days, I will lock and move it to our Archive section. 

We apply these procedures, in order to keep the forum organized and structured. 

If you have any questions, feel free to DM me. 

//Locked & Moved to Archive

Kind Regards,

OmSaL

TruckersMP Community Moderator