Name one thing that you would remove from TMP if you were in authority.

Dispo Z

Just now, Fαst Mαx said:

i would remove the speed limit of the cars. 

That would lead to even more disturbance produced by the cars.
They would have even more options to troll people as they could speed there way quicker.

So before even considering changing the speed limit, they should rework the hitbox and the physics of the cars.

Also, removing the speed limit would make cars even more interesting. I think that they are a nice addition to the game and they offer more opportunities for variations in the gameplay.

But this is still a Truck Simulator. The purpose of this game is to drive a truck, not a car. 

So I do not think that making cars more interesting would be a good idea.

Considering all of this, removing the speed limit of the cars would probably destroy the community of TMP as there would be way more trolling and disturbance making the game unattractive.

• Business Analyst
On 9/27/2023 at 3:38 PM, ALLIANCE _Thyagoof said:

I would remove the speed limit.

On 9/27/2023 at 5:13 PM, [Seko] said:

Actually, i would remove the speed limit too. 

On 9/27/2023 at 5:49 PM, Halaskâr said:

There is a speed limit at the moment because the players are not playing properly. Normally, I would like the speed limit to be removed.

On 9/28/2023 at 3:42 PM, DeniPEKSEN said:

I would remove the speed limits of course!

Earlier this year, a new server (Simulation 2) was introduced to cater to the apparent widespread needs of users to not be limited by a speed limit (see this blog). In addition, for all ATS-based servers and ETS2-based servers (except Simulation 1), the speed limits were increased to 150 kmh (93 mph), which is virtually limitless. Was this update this not known to you guys, is 150 kmh/93 mph not sufficiently high for you, or are you asking for the 110 kmh limit that applies to Simulation 1 to be increased c.q. removed because that is by far the most popular server?

On 9/28/2023 at 6:30 AM, Santos. said:

I would remove the speed limit, in some cities the speed limit is limited even on the road next to it, that's sad... 

On 9/28/2023 at 3:10 PM, xLucky15Britx said:

speed limit in certain areas on ats 

On 9/28/2023 at 4:49 PM, blackaudi said:

Speed limits on highways

On 9/28/2023 at 8:41 PM, Mogebear said:

I would adjust the speed limit like for example at Hamburg you can only drive 80 km/h on the Highway which isn´t going through the city...

Setting local speed limits was considered earlier this year, but appeared difficult to achieve. Currently, road speed limits take priority over 'zone' speed limits (e.g., a city counts as a zone), however, the roads are not always properly defined in the game (by SCS) and so it is possible that you can be hit by a city speed limit on a road that it technically shouldn't apply to. There is a workaround for it, but that quickly becomes a 'maintenance nightmare' for our development team – which could halt progress elsewhere. Fortunately, those zone speed limit issues are usually quite short of duration, so all in all it shouldn't cause that much of an inconvenience. Although it is very understandable that it is not an ideal situation.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 4

Guest Acesteely20

Cars and busses.

Cars especcialy due to them being so cheep to buy many trolls join the game, buy them, and go and cause mayhem

On 9/30/2023 at 9:50 AM, ROMANISTA [ITA] said:

It's okay that it's also nice to see cars and buses along with trucks in the game to be the most realistic traffic but for many players who don't know how to drive it would be better if cars and buses were removed. 

If insufficient driving skills were a reason to forbid passenger cars and buses, the same had to be applied to trucks.

And then we have a pedestrian simulator.

• Like 1
  • True Story 1

3 hours ago, Acesteely20 said:

Cars and busses.

Cars especcialy due to them being so cheep to buy many trolls join the game, buy them, and go and cause mayhem

I do agree and the physics of the cars are little sketchy like I don't dive on C-D road cuz I am promods player but when I do  dive C-D I tend to not go over 100 kmp cuz every 20-50 second a car would cut me off or force me to go off the highway or either cause me to make an accident and a lot of people can't control the cars that's why they oversteer in bend or curb areas and causes an accident.

On 10/12/2023 at 1:01 AM, Jeronimο said:

Earlier this year, a new server (Simulation 2) was introduced to cater to the apparent widespread needs of users to not be limited by a speed limit (see this blog). In addition, for all ATS-based servers and ETS2-based servers (except Simulation 1), the speed limits were increased to 150 kmh (93 mph), which is virtually limitless. Was this update this not known to you guys, is 150 kmh/93 mph not sufficiently high for you, or are you asking for the 110 kmh limit that applies to Simulation 1 to be increased c.q. removed because that is by far the most popular server?

Setting local speed limits was considered earlier this year, but appeared difficult to achieve. Currently, road speed limits take priority over 'zone' speed limits (e.g., a city counts as a zone), however, the roads are not always properly defined in the game (by SCS) and so it is possible that you can be hit by a city speed limit on a road that it technically shouldn't apply to. There is a workaround for it, but that quickly becomes a 'maintenance nightmare' for our development team – which could halt progress elsewhere. Fortunately, those zone speed limit issues are usually quite short of duration, so all in all it shouldn't cause that much of an inconvenience. Although it is very understandable that it is not an ideal situation.

the one at las cruces is way too long your in it for at least a few minutes salem is the same way  and theirs one in mcalester texas too that keep you there a lot longer than necessary

• Like 2

I would reduce the speed limit to 150 on the simulation 1 server. Although you may say that there is simulation 2, most people do not know about simulation 2 and what it is for. Secondly, I would bring back the old time setting code. and finally, I would also make sure that only certain people can drive Skodas. For example, those with a maximum of 2 active bans.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

And instead of "I'd try to make speed fans to use the 150 Km/h servers, with events or similar"... "I'd remove the only server where speed is still more or less reasonable"... Unbelievable.

Personally...

I'd remove all speed limits.

Then I'd remove the rules.

And of course, the report systems. Both in-game and web.

And the whole Game Moderation team. No need for moderation if there's nothing to moderate.

Most people seem to like the Wreckfest PvP deathmatch scenario that TMP has become, so let's make it real.

And the few that don´t like it... Well, they'll always have single player, right?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 2
  • True Story 1

On 10/19/2023 at 12:19 PM, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

And instead of "I'd try to make speed fans to use the 150 Km/h servers, with events or similar"... "I'd remove the only server where speed is still more or less reasonable"... Unbelievable.

Personally...

And the whole Game Moderation team. No need for moderation if there's nothing to moderate.

Most people seem to like the Wreckfest PvP deathmatch scenario that TMP has become, so let's make it real.

And the few that don´t like it... Well, they'll always have single player, right?

You forgot: Remove all Permabans since TMP Release!

• Upvote 2

Tired of being Banned and Insulted for Reckless Driving/Overtaking?! Join the "6x4-300" Horsepower Gang! Experience Real Truck Driving and Chilled Acceleration!

On 10/19/2023 at 11:19 AM, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

Personally...

You know what, there should be 1 day where all rules are removed. 24 hours of just carnage but any reports sent in that day are an instant denied.

• Awesome! 1

^^ Almost... There's the "freeroam server" that usually is opened on TMP's anniversary in May, but it's not 100% a "no rules" server, it's just "no road traffic rules are enforced". Meaning that everyone can ram others, drive on the wrong side of the road, block roads, etc. But rules about hacking, foul language, etc. are still in place.

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

^^ Almost... There's the "freeroam server" that usually is opened on TMP's anniversary in May, but it's not 100% a "no rules" server, it's just "no road traffic rules are enforced". Meaning that everyone can ram others, drive on the wrong side of the road, block roads, etc. But rules about hacking, foul language, etc. are still in place.

nah they should remove all rules for 1 day let everyone blow off some steam without the worry of a ban for telling somebody they suck

give the game mods a day off. 

• Like 2