Cancel the in-game TAG System

KacaKTV

Suggestion Name: 

Suggestion Description:

In-game TAG system can be cancelled and VTC System in TruckersMP Website can be used as an automatic in-game TAG. VTC's visible tag that we create on TruckersMP can be appear in the game at the same time. TAG section from in-game TAB can be cancelled and the VTCs that we joined from TruckersMP Website's VTC section could be visible in-game. And we should be able to choose the tag that we want to have from the list. Just like CS:GO's Steam Group Tag system. 
It already asks us in-game tag while creating a company on (https://truckersmp.com/vtc). 

Any example images: 

k6sxd3m.png

kyeam0z.png

Why should it be added?:

So we can prevent people we dont know from using our tags without permission and also prevent same VTC names to conflict.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 8
  • HaulieCry 1
  • Woah! 1

Hello, this is a logical idea but how will people without vtc use this tag system because most people are without vtc and they may want to write something else in their tags, so it may be ridiculous.
and otherwise most people who want to tag cannot use it

• Upvote 2

Can I help u ? (u can send me message)

ʀᴇᴘᴏʀᴛ   ᴀᴘᴘᴇᴀʟ ʙᴀɴ  ғᴇᴇᴅʙᴀᴄᴋ

Hello,

I think the idea is great, but we can consider a different approach. My suggestion is that Patreon supporters can use a special TAG system, while regular players can only use VTC tags. I believe this could work beautifully and contribute to TruckersMP in this way.

Discord : thisisluwen

Instagram : thisisluwen

Twitter : thisisluwen

I don't think this would be a great idea. If you are, for example, in a VTC and in the Event Team of a community that's not a VTC, you would still need the Tag to identify has Event Staff for the event and not remain your VTC tag. If the "Tag system" would be removed, that's simply not possible any more. Also, there are VTCs where you are not required to use the tag 24/7 when playing on TruckersMP and maybe people want to have somethingelse in their tag, which wouldn't be possible from your point any more as well. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 10

role_Support.png.ad716e35768b3c7e90fca2d               320068038_role_EventTeam.png.baf3dab9942               1531540532_role_5Patron(4).png.063edcf85               2117614355_role_VeteranII(1).png.a9bb8eb status.png

Hello @KacaKTV,

I can't say I agree with the recommendation. At least I can give an example from myself, I am a verified VTC leader. Naturally, I have some situations regarding VTC.

First of all, we implement our driver recruitment according to the "trainee-to-driver" protocol. Accordingly, our trainees use the tag we provide to them, not the actual VTC tag. For example, our drivers use the "StereoThermo" tag while our trainees use the "Stereo Trainee" tag. Also, other VTCs work by reflecting their team ranks in the game. For example "vtcname | ET" or " vtcname | HR".

Drivers in dual teams may describe themselves this way. For example " vtcname | tuningclub ". In addition, there are those that are not official VTC but are just driver clubs. These formations can only show themselves through tags. If the VTC-tag feature comes, none of these teams will be able to maintain their functionality.

Another situation is that we use tags as extra identities in our events. For example: If a player is a event staff at an event, the player use "Event Team" or "Event Control". We think this feature is quite useful.

As a result, removing the in-game tag system from the game will bring about many functional problems.

• Upvote 8
  • True Story 2

“Be careful who you trust, Sergeant. People you know can hurt you the most.”

In-game TAG system can be cancelled and VTC System in TruckersMP Website can be used as an automatic in-game TAG. VTC's visible tag that we create on TruckersMP can be appear in the game at the same time. TAG section from in-game TAB can be cancelled and the VTCs that we joined from TruckersMP Website's VTC section could be visible in-game. And we should be able to choose the tag that we want to have from the list. Just like CS:GO's Steam Group Tag system. 
It already asks us in-game tag while creating a company on (https://truckersmp.com/vtc). 

I think that the better solution would be to add secondary tag above the status icon section(the one with horn, open chat and no collision icons), for VTC's tag. Editable tag would still exist. That could also allow other users to easily spot players, who happen to have VTC's tag while not being part of said VTC

If you want to ask anywhere on forums whenever 32-bit version of MP will be supported in future, try to start GTA V on your 32-bit machine before checking game's system requirements.

Instead of quoting the post above, use the ^ character. The character is actually pointing to the post above.

How to fix sudden steering issue on your USB steering wheel

I'm not for this. One, i'm not in a VTC and have no plans to ever join any. Two, it takes away the creativity of having your own tag and whatever color you want it to be. Some players like to have "Lag" as their tag. Some like to have "Rec" as their tag. Some like to show what speed they drive.

A better idea would be able to save tags as a preset. Then, choose that preset for quick swapping. Additionally, VTC's can have their tag link to their VTC page. With an icon of their VTC that is clickable. That way, the whole screen isn't filled up with links.

I do not agree with this suggestion. First of all, it takes away the ability of players to express some information ("lag - keep distance", driving speed etc.). Secondly, if you're in a VTC, you might want to show your position or just mention that you're a staff member, which you won't be able to do. The last thing I can think of is using the tag for Convoy Control members at events - most CC groups are not a VTC, so it won't be possible to use them as a tag.

I don't agree with this suggestion as I do like to have an In game tag and this system would mean me and anyone else not in VTCs would not be able to have a tag, tags are also very useful for staff involved in running convoys and events and not all VTCs require having VTC tags 24/7

• Upvote 1

9b3f0e1f6c.jpg

I don't agree with this suggestion, as people like to have their custom tags while not being inside a VTC, and this would cause an issue with them not being able to use a tag.

And as many people stated above, the custom tags mean a lot in convoys/events. Like for example Easter egg hunt events, the eggs (TMP Staff) wouldn't be able to use tags to run that specific event.

• Upvote 1
  • True Story 2

NιghtKιller | TruckersMP

971DA4P.png98LwI2m.pngnUYxpBF.png

g8eXrkz.gif

• 1 month later...

Although I like the principal of only VTC drivers having their VTC tag, the only issue is what happens if you are required to have a tag because you are part of an event team for an event group (like ICG or United Convoys, Cool convoys) there are not VTC’s but still require staff managing events to have tags so can be easily identified by drivers along the route.

• Upvote 1