Ghost Mode

FourP.

As you know, when we enter the game or / quick save and enter the game using that save, ghost mode opens for a while and this sometimes ends when we don't want it at all. So I think it would be good for us to see how long the Ghost mode stays because people crash a lot of times because of that.

If you have a good suggestion, please write below. So that we can make this situation better

Kind regards, 
FσurP.
Veteran Driver II

• Like 1

?

55 minutes ago, FourP. said:

So I think it would be good for us to see how long the Ghost mode stays because people crash a lot of times because of that.

I don't know how much you need it, just wait a while and not in the middle of the road until you get out of ghost mode, and the trucks are loaded on the screen

The problem is that many people don't have patience and then they mess up; i mean the ghost mode last few seconds, it's not something that you need to wait minutes

• True Story 1

spacer.png _raffaele_ spacer.png

I agree with @_raffaele_, the problem isn't the timing but the fact that people are not using it how it's supposed to be used.

If you start in the middle of the road in the middle of a traffic jam (because the game/computer crashed or there was nobody when you saved or you're an idiot) then you should use the ghost mode to move somewhere where there is nobody (i.e. on the side of the road) and wait safely for it to end in order to avoid any collision.

Simple. But most people don't have the patience, want to race and don't want to give up their spot! 😒

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, FourP. said:

That's why if we can see when ghost mode is going to end, we act accordingly, "Oh, it's in ghost mode, I'm going to walk through this.'' As soon as we say it, sometimes that person comes out of ghost mode and causes accidents

General rule of thumb, don't drive into someone because you can see they are in ghost mode. If you don't know when it is going to end, it's not worth the risk. It doesn't take very long to wear off, so it won't affect your journey too much to wait for them to get out of your way.

Stones8000

spacer.png

status.png

§2.1 - Hacking/Bug/Feature abusing - PERMANENT BAN

Misusing features such as ghost mode to cause damage to others while connecting to the servers.

§2.5 - Reckless Driving*

Using the ghost mode feature to go through traffic jams.

Strange how there's no rule about intentionally reconnecting with ghost mode, being in the middle of the road, and driving, which may damage somebody trying to make a pass.

Personally, if you spawn on the road, you shouldn't be allow to connect to the server until you are safely parked off the road.

• True Story 1

9 hours ago, Somehow Lucky said:

Strange how there's no rule about intentionally reconnecting with ghost mode, being in the middle of the road, and driving, which may damage somebody trying to make a pass.

The problem is, they never ban for it. They always give the player the benefit of the doubt and assume they weren't aware of what was happening to other people.

Stones8000

spacer.png

status.png

14 hours ago, Somehow Lucky said:

There used to be a rule mentioning Ghost Mode. I either could be wrong, or it was change to exclude this.

It should still fall under §2.1 - Hacking/Bug/Feature abusing
In fact, the rule even includes: "Misusing features such as ghost mode to cause damage to others while connecting to the servers."

Stones8000

spacer.png

status.png

7 hours ago, Stones8000 said:

It should still fall under §2.1 - Hacking/Bug/Feature abusing
In fact, the rule even includes: "Misusing features such as ghost mode to cause damage to others while connecting to the servers."

Idk if this topic discussed it or if it was some other, older topic. I remember it talking about them loading in and the road ahead appears clear. But, we see them loading in and think it's safe and still have time to pass through.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Countdown would be interesting. But I am afraid people will abuse it. They see the player has 10 seconds left, and then everybody will just drive through him even though the best thing to do is to just wait.

Kind regards,

partyaap

Driver - Bruijn Logistics

Rules | Knowledge Base | SupportFeedbackRecruitmentNews | Events | Staff Team

*Views and opinions expressed are my own and do not represent anything or anyone else.

Whenever someone is about to leave the game, they should make sure to park their car/truck in a safe spot, away from the road. That way, when they come back online and the ghost mode disappears, they can start driving again without causing any accidents.

• Upvote 1

When in the middle of a game, Ghost Mode does take its toll on the player.
I was once driving a truck through Calais and a truck would suddenly appear in front of me while I was driving normally, causing me to duck and cause an accident.
Because it causes a visual impact on the player
And the driving driver's instinctive reaction is to dodge.

My suggestion: before leaving the game make sure your truck is parked in a collision-free area that doesn't affect traffic and safety parking
Or let's make it a habit to put the truck back in the garage before leaving❤️

Mica_TMP | TruckersMP Player

DBus World | Translator        

spacer.png                        spacer.png                        spacer.png                 spacer.png

DBus World | Swift Cargo | VTC | Reports | Appeals | Knowledge Base | Support System | Feedback System | Recruitment

I made a suggestion to improve ghost mode awhile back and it actually got accepted so it's at least much better than it used to be, people can't just spawn in the middle of the road with expired ghost mode, but now it's up to people to move off the road and come back when it's safe to do so, and if possible assuming your game didn't crash just move off the road in the first place before logging off.

• 2 weeks later...