Community Survey 2023

MisterAndeh

Thanks for organising another survey and keeping on regularly getting feedback from players.

Now if I may add a few comments & suggestions:

• Some questions are too generic and could be interpreted in very different ways. i.e. "Do you agree/like with the reporting system?", someone might disagree/dislike it because it's not well designed while someone else will dislike it because he/she gets banned regularly! In that example the first person is very happy with a reporting system but doesn't like that one while the second person doesn't want a report system at all.
  • Even if these are optional, why are we asked questions about gender, sexual orientation, etc...?!
  • We are giving away gifts/money for people who would complete the survey and enter a draw. Why not using this money and badges for things which would help improving the gaming experience of people?! I.e. prices for people who made the most deliveries of more than 1000km in the month

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, Foobrother said:

Even if these are optional, why are we asked questions about gender, sexual orientation, etc...?!

From the survey:

Demographics

Last but not least: who are you? In order to best align our products and services with the community, it helps us to know who makes up our community. We use consolidated results of these questions to identify target groups in our community, orient our approaches, and to strive towards inclusivity. If you wish not to share personal information with us, you can skip questions. We would however greatly appreciate it if you could tell us a little more about yourself!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

we are looking forward to the publication of the results

(Played ETS2 more than 9.000 hours in TruckersMP)

TruckersMP              spacer.png     | How to apply the Team ? | Join our Discord | Report a user ? | Read the Rules. |                                                            
Founder                   spacer.png      | How to become a driver ? | Join our Discord | Want to Join our Events ?
Project Manager     spacer.png      | How to apply for Convoy Control ? | Join our Discord | What is OCSC Event ?

Trucker wisdom:

Only when the last exhaust pipe is cold,
the most beautiful truck is banned,
the most experienced truckers are punished,
then you will be amazed to realise
that you can't drive your own food and shit.

Welcome to the VTC "On the road".

I had a vision of gaming in ETS2 & ATS, out of which the VTC ''Auf Achse'' was born. To get as many people together as possible and to live out our passion for trucks.

After all, we are all on the road, so why don't we do it together? Touring together or convoying with other communities?

Let's be honest.... no one wants to be alone. So come to VTC Auf Achse today.

5 hours ago, blabberbeak said:

to strive towards inclusivity

Wooow I didn't notice this fancy corporate politically correct buzz expression 🤣

If one was told this was used for a truck simulation game survey I think they would be very surprised. 😂

Nice to think about "inclusion" but I'm sure there are MUCH bigger priorities if you want to improve people's experience (to use another corporate buzz word 😉 ).

I think TMP management is really taking this too seriously thinking they manage a multinational business with thousands of employees, millions of customers and having a major influence in the world.

• Upvote 1

I've already completed and submitted the survey, I hope it will be useful for TruckersMP. Thank you very much for your interest in seeing what the players have to say this year, as every year. :HaulieLove:

asMN501.png

Languages: I TR I EN |  Discord: pofii

TR | Kurallar | Ban İtirazı | Destek Sistemi | Raporlama Sistemi | Geri Bildirim

EN | Rules | Ban Appeal | Support System | Report System | Feedback |

1797472539_TMP.png.e59ae11c070d542b6b8fb 

14 hours ago, Foobrother said:

Wooow I didn't notice this fancy corporate politically correct buzz expression 🤣

If one was told this was used for a truck simulation game survey I think they would be very surprised. 😂

Nice to think about "inclusion" but I'm sure there are MUCH bigger priorities if you want to improve people's experience (to use another corporate buzz word 😉 ).

I think TMP management is really taking this too seriously thinking they manage a multinational business with thousands of employees, millions of customers and having a major influence in the world.

Nowadays, it's important to be en vogue and, as a result,  jump on every bandwagon, which explains the following questions.

What gender do you identify as?

Male

Female

Non-binary

Other (not listed above)

Do you identify as a Transgender?
Yes

No

What best describes your sexual orientation?

Heterosexual / straight

Gay / lesbian

Bisexual

Other (not listed above)

The future will tell if and how the TruckersMP team will consider a player who e.g. identifies as a washing machine (Non-binary, Gender non-conforming, Agender, Neutrois, you name it).

Nevertheless, it is a commendable approach to include all and everybody of their community (simulation fans excluded, mind you).

Disclaimer: This post can contain traces of irony, sarcasm and/ or satire. For risks and side effects, consult your psychiatrist, psychotherapist and/ or psychologist.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Some of us play from countries with unstable internet and our pings sometimes go over 800ms. I would like to request if it is possible to raise the average ping to at least a higher value so that the game does not kick us out. we really love to play despite the little inconveniences and we would really appreciate if you take a moment of your time to do a little adjustment, thank you. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, blabberbeak said:

Nowadays, it's important to be en vogue and, as a result,  jump on every bandwagon, which explains the following questions.

😄 

Yes true. But what is TMP in the world of gaming? Who knows about it? Who cares about it? As much as I find respectable to care about "everyone" (even if, as you mentioned, what should be the primary audience seems to be discriminated/ignored nowadays), who will care about it?! TMP is a minor sub-section of a minor (yet successful) trucking simulation game with old graphics, released in 2012! Do they really think they will get any attention for this? And it's not the reckless drivers of CD who will care about it for sure (they are probably not even aware of this survey).

2 hours ago, blabberbeak said:

The future will tell if and how the TruckersMP team will consider a player who e.g. identifies as a washing machine (Non-binary, Gender non-conforming, Agender, Neutrois, you name it).

Nevertheless, it is a commendable approach to include all and everybody of their community (simulation fans excluded, mind you).

Disclaimer: This post can contain traces of irony, sarcasm and/ or satire. For risks and side effects, consult your psychiatrist, psychotherapist and/ or psychologist.

🤣

You cracked me up here! 👍

1 hour ago, DoughtyX said:

Some of us play from countries with unstable internet and our pings sometimes go over 800ms. I would like to request if it is possible to raise the average ping to at least a higher value so that the game does not kick us out. we really love to play despite the little inconveniences and we would really appreciate if you take a moment of your time to do a little adjustment, thank you.

I find this suggestion fair. But just to keep things safe and pleasant for others, if you're lagging, you should be kicked.

High ping doesn't necessarily automatically mean lag.

• Like 1

With the community survey, TruckersMP sets a new standard for community participation and shows that the opinion of all players influence the decisions made. It's nice to see that the opinion of the community matters and it's certainly a big step in a positive direction that will contribute to a better gaming environment for all players. Thank you! :HaulieLove: 

• Like 2
  • HaulieLove 1
  • Awesome! 3

Thanks for the community survey Truckers mp 🥳

1797472539_TMP.webp

---------------------------------------

21 minutes ago, NeonLeon said:

With the community survey, TruckersMP sets a new standard for community participation and shows that the opinion of all players influence the decisions made. It's nice to see that the opinion of the community matters and it's certainly a big step in a positive direction that will contribute to a better gaming environment for all players. Thank you! :HaulieLove: 

I have to totallly agree with you, even thought they could be a bit more opened to the players, in some situation it might look like exaggeration. Hopefully, they'll bring us some new features soon.

RedNub I TruckersMP

(ETS2 - 6,250 hours)

795749874_role_VeteranV(1).png.660f7fd7e1531540532_role_5Patron(4).png.063edcf85

Reporting a player  | Appeal your ban  | Support System  | Recruitment

Esteemed TruckersMP management family;

I sincerely appreciate your efforts to reach us users and provide the best service with the survey and survey-like activities u've prepared. And thank u for providing a survey that is understandable in many languages.

I participated by answering the survey questions as much as I could. I also made a small suggestion about the web and forum site, which is my special interest. I've no doubt that it will be taken into consideration.

Thank u for the profile award u will give as a gift. I'm also excited about the chance to win a prize in the Steam gift card/Discord Nitro subscription giveaway!

Good luck beautiful family!

Kind Regards;
Nalet

TruckersMP Veteran Driver.

On 8/17/2023 at 11:54 AM, Foobrother said:

And it's not the reckless drivers of CD who will care about it for sure (they are probably not even aware of this survey).

Interestingly enough, "they" have very actively participated in the previous survey, which eventually lead to changes of server configurations and punishment rules.

Did you notice that not a single question of the actual survey deals with simulation?

This leads to the following conclusions already in advance:

1. The TruckersMP team isn't interested in the opinion of simulations fans.
  2. The TruckersMP team will not change the status quo, only make adjustments to it that are in favor of "casual players".

• True Story 2

29 minutes ago, blabberbeak said:

Interestingly enough, "they" have very actively participated in the previous survey, which eventually lead to changes of server configurations and punishment rules.

Yes indeed, but the big difference is that the previous survey was about impacting what they love the most: speeding/racing. So it got a lot of attention I suppose 😄

31 minutes ago, blabberbeak said:

Did you notice that not a single question of the actual survey deals with simulation?

Wooow now we are talking about something moooore important! Community! (maybe in a couple of month we will have a Peace and love survey 😄)

34 minutes ago, blabberbeak said:

This leads to the following conclusions already in advance:

1. The TruckersMP team isn't interested in the opinion of simulations fans.
  2. The TruckersMP team will not change the status quo, only make adjustments to it that are in favor of "casual players".

For 1) YES, in my previous post I mentioned that what should be the primary audience seems to be discriminated/ignored nowadays. This is again another good example.

For 2) YES, as I said: quantity rather than quality.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Foobrother said:

Yes indeed, but the big difference is that the previous survey was about impacting what they love the most: speeding/racing. So it got a lot of attention I suppose 

And in this survey, not a single question asks to rate possible future ideas, additions or changes.

The questions are aimed only at getting a few pats on the back for a job well done.

A few examples:

I prefer driving in highly populated areas.

It's important to me that there are NO traffic jams.

TruckersMP provides enough entertainment for users to enjoy.

I like the map modifications that TruckersMP adds.

I like the alternating vehicles.

I'm curious for the results of this survey.

• True Story 1